+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 4 11 51 ... LastLast

2012 Offense Performance Thread

Felt like the offense was in playoff form today with all the blown scoring chances and runners left on. I already hate Tex and Swisher back to back in the lineup.

Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

6 runs. I don't ask more from my offense.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I didn't like the Yankees hitting with RISP, 2-11, but it one game so hopefully that will not be a year long problem.

Right. And Tex was like a foot away from a home run. Asking an offense for more than six runs is absurd.

it wasn't pretty and the LOB parade was frustrating, but they scored 6 runs against a quality pitcher/pitching staff, with CC on the mound and handed a lead to Rivera.

if we're to hold them to a standard of having to score 7-9 runs against a team like the Rays in order to win, this season is going to be rough.

Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    it wasn't pretty and the LOB parade was frustrating, but they scored 6 runs against a quality pitcher/pitching staff, with CC on the mound and handed a lead to Rivera.

if we're to hold them to a standard of having to score 7-9 runs against a team like the Rays in order to win, this season is going to be rough.
    How I feel, but felt that if I spelled it out it would fall upon deaf ears.

Cant waste three bases loaded chances in a close game....do that and you will likely lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Cant waste three bases loaded chances in a close game....do that and you will likely lose.
    Because it's so easy to get a hit in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post

Point taken. If the 6 runs were more evenly spaced I would not be as ticked as I am now.

No idea what point you are trying to make. When you're in a game thats within 1-2 runs and you dont take advantage of many chances to increase your lead....then you open yourself up to losses like this. 2-11 w/RISP is plenty of wasted chances.

No idea what point you are trying to make. When you're in a game thats within 1-2 runs and you dont take advantage of many chances to increase your lead....then you open yourself up to losses like this. 2-11 w/RISP is plenty of wasted chances.
    Would you feel better if it was 2-2?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

I see the point, your ace on the mound making top dollar, you get him the lead back at 6-4, then you get the ball to your closer, yes the offense had issues today but the blame for this is on CC and Mo as well (I won;t get into my feelings on the Book of Girardi)

You're crying over spilling a glass of milk that you already drank most of. Should have enjoyed it instead of spilling it.

It's too early to be concerned about the offense, but this comment sounds like one of those "were number one in runs scored, the offense isn't the problem."

Scoring 6 runs isn't a problem, but 12 lob is.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    I see the point, your ace on the mound making top dollar, you get him the lead back at 6-4, then you get the ball to your closer, yes the offense had issues today but the blame for this is on CC and Mo (I won;t get into my feelings on the Book of Girardi)
    I put the loss on everyone...CC, Mo, offense and Girardi.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    It's too early to be concerned about the offense, but this comment sounds like one of those "were number one in runs scored, the offense isn't the problem."

you mean the people who rationally look at where the team ranks in runs scored, wOBA+, wRC+, etc. and don't throw pissy little fits because of the fluctuations of RISP stats?

oh noez.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post

Would you prefer being middle of the pack in runs scored and being better as a team in a fluctuating statistic such as team and player BA with RISP?

Nobody is saying the offense will be a problem...good grief. We have an Offense performance thread every season. Nobody started one, so I did. When the team goes 2-11 w/RISP and leaves 12 ROB, then people will post their frustrations in here...just like last year, and the year before that and the year before that one. Forgive me for being annoyed by seeing us waste scoring chances in a game that hadnt been decided yet.

So this thread is in midseason form as well, with some clinging to statistics and the six run output and others countering with the lousy hitting with RISP and failure to take advantage of golden opportunities to extend the lead. Leaving them loaded twice, with the offense pulling its patented disappearing act after the fourth (I think the Yankees were hitless after this)? That's brutal, sorry.

It isn't that 6 runs isn't enough, but you just knew it wasn't going to be enough. I rather the Offense stunk it up and managed only 1 or 2 runs. Then the disappointment of the loss wouldn't have been so tantalizingly devastating.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Right. And Tex was like a foot away from a home run. Asking an offense for more than six runs is absurd.

You are clueless...I am quoting another member who nailed it:

Sterling, of all people, nailed it. The Yankees had to hit one ground ball weakly to the opposite side of the over shift several times today, and would not adjust.

In contrast, Tampa sprays the ball all over the place

That is how the offense puts up runs despite having only one superstar
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diogenes View Post
    It isn't that 6 runs isn't enough, but you just knew it wasn't going to be enough. I rather the Offense stunk it up and managed only 1 or 2 runs. Then the disappointment of the loss wouldn't have been so tantalizingly devastating.
    So Mo comes in, up by a run in the 9th, and you turned off the TV because you knew they were going to lose?
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    So Mo comes in, up by a run in the 9th, and you turned off the TV because you knew they were going to lose?
    What are you telling me? That my feelings are invalid because they're illogical?

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diogenes View Post
    What are you telling me? That my feelings are invalid because they're illogical?
    Of course not. It was a hard loss. But the game should have been won, even without further offensive output. Stuff happens.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Of course not. It was a hard loss. But the game should have been won, even without further offensive output. Stuff happens.
    I really hope it's not, but it seems like since last year, the O comes out like gang busters the first few innings and then just disappears for the rest of the game. If this is indeed the case, you're just have to deal with my bitching and whining about it for the rest of the season.

Thread Information