+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 112 FirstFirst ... 25 65 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2785
  1. #1851

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    For all we complain about Girardi I do not think he would have started someone like Saunders in the WC game. Might be the worst managers' decsion of the year.
    It would be roughly the equivalent of starting Hughes.

    Except Hughes strikes guys out more.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  2. #1852

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    I think it is more like starting Freddie.

  3. #1853

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Saunders: 4.07 era, 1.340 WHIP, 2.0 BB/9, 5,8 K/9, 2.87 K/BB

    Hughes: 4.23 ERA, 1.265 WHIP, 2.2 BB/9, 7.8 K/9, 3.59 K/BB

    Edit: and 3/4 of Saunders' starts were in the NL.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  4. #1854
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Hammel and Johnson are hurt; he doesn't have much options.

    When did Steve Johnson get hurt?. He pitched last Saturday against Boston.

  5. #1855
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Saunders: 4.07 era, 1.340 WHIP, 2.0 BB/9, 5,8 K/9, 2.87 K/BB

    Hughes: 4.23 ERA, 1.265 WHIP, 2.2 BB/9, 7.8 K/9, 3.59 K/BB

    Edit: and 3/4 of Saunders' starts were in the NL.
    Hughes has had success against Texas in the past. Saunders has not.

  6. #1856

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    And yet Saunders gave them innings and only gave up 1 run

    Just an unbelievable season for the O's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  7. #1857
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    And yet Saunders gave them innings and only gave up 1 run

    Just an unbelievable season for the O's

    Saunders was 0-6 with a high ERA at Texas Stadium. That Hamilton DP in the first inning was the game.

  8. #1858
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post
    hitless over 10 ABs IIRC numbers vs Lester. This myopic misuse of stats vs common sense
    What are you talking about? That is 2 tons of success that Lester has over Cano.

    Suprised he didn't play Nunez at 2nd.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  9. #1859

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Aren't those "Career vs. (insert pitcher here)" stats really misleading (especially for small sample sizes like 5 or 10 at bats)?

    How do you know how the pitcher was performing or pitching at that point in time, how do you know how the hitter was performing at that point in time, etc.

  10. #1860
    when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    What are you talking about? That is 2 tons of success that Lester has over Cano.

    Suprised he didn't play Nunez at 2nd.
    2.25 tons, to be technical, but point taken !!

  11. #1861
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Joe's lineup for Game #1.

    Derek Jeter SS
    Ichiro Suzuki LF
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Russell Martin C
    Raul Ibanez DH


    LHP CC Sabathia
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  12. #1862

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Cano should never hit behind A-Rod

  13. #1863
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Not a bad lineup. I worry about Swisher. He really has not done much in the Post Season. He has only 1 hit with a RISP for his entire post season career although he has hit a few HRs.

  14. #1864

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    A DH batting 9th. Wow! Is this a NL club?
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  15. #1865
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Joe's lineup for Game #1.

    Derek Jeter SS
    Ichiro Suzuki LF
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Nick Swisher RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Russell Martin C
    Raul Ibanez DH


    LHP CC Sabathia
    I like Swisher behind Cano. Power and OBP. I just wish Cano was 3rd and Swisher was 4th. And wtf? Ibanez batting 9th against a RHP?

    I know he's batting about .220 over the past two months so Joe's logic has to be that he's been swinging a hot bat lately (.405/ .450 /.811 /1.261 over the last 40 PA). RHP- okay, fair enough. But if you're putting him in, that means you're expecting him to mash. Why is he 9th?r
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  16. #1866
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    I like Swisher behind Cano. Power and OBP. I just wish Cano was 3rd and Swisher was 4th. And wtf? Ibanez batting 9th against a RHP?

    I know he's batting about .220 over the past two months so Joe's logic has to be that he's been swinging a hot bat lately (.405/ .450 /.811 /1.261 over the last 40 PA). RHP- okay, fair enough. But if you're putting him in, that means you're expecting him to mash. Why is he 9th?r
    Where would you put Ibanez in this lineup??

  17. #1867

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Good job not taking CC out, Joe.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  18. #1868
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Good job not taking CC out, Joe.
    agreed... good move in giving him every opportunity to finish the game
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  19. #1869

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    We rag on Joe for mistakes, but I'll give him credit tonight. Left CC in, didn't try to get cute matching up subpar relievers, hit and ran at the right time, pinch ran at the right time.

    Good game

  20. #1870
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by roblyo33 View Post
    Where would you put Ibanez in this lineup??
    In that context, a 112 OPS+ from a 37 year old playing adequate 3B isn't bad at all.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  21. #1871
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Cano should never hit behind A-Rod
    Alex needs to move out of the 3 hole. He looks lost at the plate right now.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  22. #1872
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    I had a huge problem and was going crazy when he bunted Jeter in the 7th. Its not the 9th...and its Derek Jeter at the plate who hit .316 this year. Let the man swing the bat. Its still only the 7th so you should be playing for the multiple run inning and not just one run.

    Luckily it didnt come back to burn us.

  23. #1873
    when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Good job not taking CC out, Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    agreed... good move in giving him every opportunity to finish the game
    Quote Originally Posted by enozlac View Post
    We rag on Joe for mistakes, but I'll give him credit tonight. Left CC in, didn't try to get cute matching up subpar relievers, hit and ran at the right time, pinch ran at the right time.

    Good game
    I thought he had a great game tonite. Leaving CC alone but drawing a sensible line at 120. The Jeter hit and run. The Nunez PR. Not using Soriano. Solid bunt calls.

    The only thing he needs to rethink is hitting a rod third. Tho vs LHP Mon he probably DHs a rod and starts Nix. Maybe he'll have better success at DH. It's a tough call, G wants to stay loyal to his vets and not pull a Torre and hit him eighth. But a black hole in the three spot is tough.

    PS I thought the turning point in the game was the Os not bunting Jones w Hardy on second no outs bottom 8.

  24. #1874
    NYYF Cy Young

    OlgMvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    My only gripe is letting CC start that 9th. We may need to call on him on 3 days rest...other than that, this was a great night, great job all around.

  25. #1875

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlgMvp View Post
    My only gripe is letting CC start that 9th. We may need to call on him on 3 days rest...other than that, this was a great night, great job all around.
    CC would take the ball if we gave it to him today. He's that kind of guy.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts