+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 112 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 79 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post
    Totally. Per rajah, why let Freddy pitch to Pena if you're planning to pitch him anyway .... But the worse moves are the ones you cite. Pulling Boone Doggle was the worst to me. Let him take ownership of the inning, he's been very solid and isn't just a loogy.

Maybe there is something to your point of trying to outfox or in any case overtwitch Maddon..... starting of course w the utterly brain dead first game IBB to Sean Rodriguez to get to Pena and the brilliant platoon system second game to rest guys and force feed manos de piedra Nunez at third (iIRC) ....
    The move I do not understand is pulling Logan. There have been times when Logan has been more effective against RH batters than LH batters. He is much better than a one batter lefty reliever. He has had no problems in the past pitching a full inning. But like last Thursday Joe keeps pulling him after only one or two batters. Boone probably could have finished the 7th inning and then Joe could have used D Rob to start the 8th. It seems like Robertson is more effective when he starts with no one on base.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    The move I do not understand is pulling Logan. There have been times when Logan has been more effective against RH batters than LH batters. He is much better than a one batter lefty reliever. He has had no problems in the past pitching a full inning. But like last Thursday Joe keeps pulling him after only one or two batters. Boone probably could have finished the 7th inning and then Joe could have used D Rob to start the 8th. It seems like Robertson is more effective when he starts with no one on base.
    He pulled Logan because Logan was pitching like an {insert your favorite expletive}

Did you not see how he was throwing the ball? First, after an 0-2 count, he walks Sean Rodriguez, statistically one of the worst qualifying players in the majors this season. Then he gets behind 3-0 on the .212 hitting Jose Lobaton (0 HR, 4 RBI in his entire career), including throwing a wild pitch that advances the runner into scoring position, and Lobaton luckily popped up a hanging slider on the 3-1 pitch only because he sucks so hard.

After those two at bats, I didn't want any part of Logan in there any more either.

NYYF Legend

Sounded really depressed in the PG presser tonight. Two winnable games against a division rival, lost.

Keep hitting Cano 4th or 5th, Joe. It's awesome.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Keep hitting Cano 4th or 5th, Joe. It's awesome.
    And by all means, keep A-Rod in the three hole. Mustn't make him lose confidence.
    Last edited by -tz; 07-04-12 at 01:01 AM.

NYYF Cy Young

I'm hoping after the all star break he moves Arod down in the lineup.

NYYF Legend

Why is Joe still resting players in these key games with the Rays. They have an off day on Thursday and the four day All Star break next week. Did Tex have to be rested tonight?

Why is Joe still resting players in these key games with the Rays. They have an off day on Thursday and the four day All Star break next week. Did Tex have to be rested tonight?
    You think Tex would have done anything more than Chavez did? Chavez did make an error but Nova quickly got the 3rd out after that. He also drove in a run.

The excuse might have been that Tex needed a day to "rest" but the truth is it was a day to not play because he's batting .152 over his last 10 games and is a .125 career hitter against Shields with 0 HR and 0 RBI in 48 AB.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    You think Tex would have done anything more than Chavez did? Chavez did make an error but Nova quickly got the 3rd out after that. He also drove in a run.

The excuse might have been that Tex needed a day to "rest" but the truth is it was a day to not play because he's batting .152 over his last 10 games and is a .125 career hitter against Shields with 0 HR and 0 RBI in 48 AB.
    If you go by that theory than Granderson should have been rested. Going into the game Curtis was batting .096 against Shields which was the lowest average by any active player against an active pitcher. But Grandy did get a hit off Shields to drive in a run. Tex is a better hitter than Chavez and despite his low average vs Shields I would still rather see him in there. They do have an off day on Thursday.

NYYF Triple Crown

It seems that these days Teixeira is hitting like a .125 career hitter against every pitcher.

The dude has a 107 OPS+

Key player he is not.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    The dude has a 107 OPS+

Key player he is not.
    Tex is still outstanding on defense. Chavez's error did not lead to any runs but it did extend Nova's pitch count.
    Last edited by ymike673; 07-04-12 at 09:40 AM.

If you go by that theory than Granderson should have been rested. Going into the game Curtis was batting .096 against Shields which was the lowest average by any active player against an active pitcher. But Grandy did get a hit off Shields to drive in a run. Tex is a better hitter than Chavez and despite his low average vs Shields I would still rather see him in there. They do have an off day on Thursday.
    I actually prefer Chavez right now. Thats how bad Tex is.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I actually prefer Chavez at 3B. He is still is one of the best fielding that position.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    "Overuse of Bunting"? This has to be some kind of joke. Joe Maddon bunts with guys in the middle of his order early the games. Yet, he's the flavor of the day for you guys who love to trash Giradi after every loss.
    Joe Maddon isn't much better.

Ideally, you only bunt in times where it actually helps your chances of winning, however I'd take no bunting over too much bunting any day.

You're delusional.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    You're delusional.
    Obviously I was being somewhat facetious. I dont think sitting him once in awhile is a bad thing, because its not like he's doing much of anything offensively. I know it pains you to hear that but its true.

Obviously I was being somewhat facetious. I dont think sitting him once in awhile is a bad thing, because its not like he's doing much of anything offensively. I know it pains you to hear that but its true.
    I apologize for the rudeness, sometimes can't tell. I appreciate the use of the word facetious.

And, no, I agree. Don't make a struggling batter face a pitcher who has his number. Chavez can play decent 1B.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Tex
    A-Rod
    Cano

lol whatever you say, Joe.

He pulled Logan because Logan was pitching like an {insert your favorite expletive}

Did you not see how he was throwing the ball? First, after an 0-2 count, he walks Sean Rodriguez, statistically one of the worst qualifying players in the majors this season. Then he gets behind 3-0 on the .212 hitting Jose Lobaton (0 HR, 4 RBI in his entire career), including throwing a wild pitch that advances the runner into scoring position, and Lobaton luckily popped up a hanging slider on the 3-1 pitch only because he sucks so hard.

After those two at bats, I didn't want any part of Logan in there any more either.
    I have to admit, this made me laugh. Thanks for the analysis; I only caught the game just in time to see Robertson give up the double.

Maddon/Manager Genius left Farnsworth in the 8th too long and if that was Girardi, his you-know-what would be roasting on an open fire tonight in this thread.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Maddon/Manager Genius left Farnsworth in the 8th too long and if that was Girardi, his you-know-what would be roasting on an open fire tonight in this thread.
    Had Maddon/Manager Genius not left Farnsworth in the 8th too long - Girardi's you-know-what would be roasting on an open fire tonight in this thread.
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????

Thank goodness we now know.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Does anyone in here really think that? I hear people defending Girardi and accusing the criticizer of thinking Maddon being the preferable manager or something.

I think Maddon is Girardi's worst habits X 2. No thanks.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Does anyone in here really think that? I hear people defending Girardi and accusing the criticizer of thinking Maddon being the preferable manager or something.

I think Maddon is Girardi's worst habits X 2. No thanks.
    Yes, some Yankee fans really think so and it has been mentioned on this board as well as others. IMO, Maddon wouldn't play well here, but again, he might manage differently too with the Yankee roster.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

NYYF Legend

“Guys put some really good at-bats on Farnsy and McGee,” Girardi said. “You look at Chavy getting it started, then we got a few walks and Robbie gets up and gets a big hit. Just a tremendous win for us because this has been a tough place the first half of the season for us.”

Thread Information