+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 2785
  1. #176
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Robinson Cano v. LAA:
    2009 - .341/.357/.415
    2010 - .433/.514/.900
    2011 - .333/.333/.778
    Miguel Cabrera, Jose Bautista, Kevin Youkilis, David Ortiz, Josh Hamilton, Nelson Cruz, Joe Mauer, is this enough?? Or shall I continue? Manny Ramirez, These are players that kill the yankees no matter what. I left out the Angels, Kendrys Morales.. Carlos Pena, Evan Longoria, Victor Martinez.

  2. #177
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    Miguel Cabrera Jose Bautista Kevin Youkilis David Ortiz Josh Hamilton Nelson Cruz Joe Mauer, is this enough?? Or shall I continue?
    Again, they're the best hitters because they hit really well.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  3. #178
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Which of Maddon's decisions are you referring to? Absolutely SSS issues when comparing managers in a 3 game series, we really can't draw any conclusions whatsoever from it in terms of "ability", but I think it would be very hard to say that Maddon didn't appear omniscient with his lineups and especially his defensive alignments.
    I think trying a squeeze play with two strikes on the batter in the 8th inning was a head scratcher. It got Robertson out of the inning.
    Madden is not perfect either and I really do not blame Girardi for the entire weekend.
    But not letting CC pitch to Rodriguez but letting Rapada pitch to Longoria just makes you wonder what else Joe will be thinking up this season.

    By the way Girardi has not called a squeeze play yet as Yankees manager.

  4. #179
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Again, they're the best hitters because they hit really well.

    Their numbers are off the charts against us, by the way I added more!

  5. #180
    Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I think trying a squeeze play with two strikes on the batter in the 8th inning was a head scratcher. It got Robertson out of the inning.
    Madden is not perfect either and I really do not blame Girardi for the entire weekend.
    But not letting CC pitch to Rodriguez but letting Rapada pitch to Longoria just makes you wonder what else Joe will be thinking up this season.

    By the way Girardi has not called a squeeze play yet as Yankees manager.
    Fair point I suppose, girardi probably would've gotten killed for that call. However, a Molina versus Robertson match up is probably not a bad situation to call for squeeze.

  6. #181

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Isn't Nelson Cruz a pitcher?

    EDIT: and Joe Mauer and Josh Hamilton have sucked against the Yankees.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  7. #182
    Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Isn't Nelson Cruz a pitcher?

    EDIT: and Joe Mauer and Josh Hamilton have sucked against the Yankees.
    I may be "wooshing" here, but I think you're thinking of Juan Cruz.

    He's talking about Cruz of the Rangers, who has hit .183 against the Yankees in his career, although he does have ~.270 isop against the Yanks. He was atrocious against the Yanks (.259 OPS) in the regular season last year.

  8. #183

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Yes but he also gambles and takes a shot once in a while.
    He gambles because he has to with the offensive players he has available to him.

  9. #184

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I may be "wooshing" here, but I think you're thinking of Juan Cruz.

    He's talking about Cruz of the Rangers, who has hit .183 against the Yankees in his career, although he does have ~.270 isop against the Yanks. He was atrocious against the Yanks (.259 OPS) in the regular season last year.
    I don't know who I was thinking of-- thanks.

    He does hit like a pitcher vs the Yankees, though...
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  10. #185
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I may be "wooshing" here, but I think you're thinking of Juan Cruz.

    He's talking about Cruz of the Rangers, who has hit .183 against the Yankees in his career, although he does have ~.270 isop against the Yanks. He was atrocious against the Yanks (.259 OPS) in the regular season last year.

    IIRC he hit a monster walk-off homer off Joba either last year or the year before. I also think he did well in the 2010 playoffs vs us.

    EDIT: in the 2010 ALCS he hit .350/.435/.800 vs us in 23 PA.

  11. #186
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I may be "wooshing" here, but I think you're thinking of Juan Cruz.

    He's talking about Cruz of the Rangers, who has hit .183 against the Yankees in his career, although he does have ~.270 isop against the Yanks. He was atrocious against the Yanks (.259 OPS) in the regular season last year.

    OW I see that you picked one out, I didn't even look their numbers up, all I know is that he had some big hits in the last few years, how come you didn't pick Big Poppi, or Manny. If you read my post you know i'm right, about most of these guys. My point is how could you let the same guys beat you over an over, wouldn't you walk them or pitch more carefully. Why throw 7 fastballs in a row to Pena, knowing that he's a dead fastball hitter with a great eye. Who called it.

    Thanks Boss!

  12. #187

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    OW I see that you picked one out, I didn't even look their numbers up, all I know is that he had some big hits in the last few years, how come you didn't pick Big Poppi, or Manny. If you read my post you know i'm right, about most of these guys.
    Until numbers are posted, it's all just perception and speculation.
    Team Northern Lights

  13. #188
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Until numbers are posted, it's all just perception and speculation.
    See my post regarding Cruz. He destroyed us in the 2010 ALCS. I'm not following the conversation, I just popped in to post those numbers because I saw someone posted his terrible regular season numbers vs us over his career.

  14. #189
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    See my post regarding Cruz. He destroyed us in the 2010 ALCS. I'm not following the conversation, I just popped in to post those numbers because I saw someone posted his terrible regular season numbers vs us over his career.
    Reguardless, thanks anyway, all you guys know looking up numbers is a last resort for me.. Too much work.

  15. #190
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    We all know the players that beat us, but like I said to get pounded by the same players over and over. My only concern is winning, I'm with you guys.. I too watch every game, some of these losses could be avoided, we don't have a great manager, our guys are hard to manage. All facts, I'm getting tired of Tampa!

  16. #191

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    We all know the players that beat us, but like I said to get pounded by the same players over and over. My only concern is winning, I'm with you guys.. I too watch every game, some of these losses could be avoided, we don't have a great manager, our guys are hard to manage. All facts, I'm getting tired of Tampa!
    You lost me on "our guys are hard to manage".

    I would think the opposite.
    Team Northern Lights

  17. #192
    Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    IIRC he hit a monster walk-off homer off Joba either last year or the year before. I also think he did well in the 2010 playoffs vs us.

    EDIT: in the 2010 ALCS he hit .350/.435/.800 vs us in 23 PA.
    Sure, but a) SSS and b) the context was around Girardi being ineffective at containing a list of hitters. Is the fact that Cruz had a 1.713 OPS and set the ALCS record for home runs last season an indictment of Leyland's ability as a manager?

    Cruz is a fine player, but I don't think his production (or lack of) against the Yankees really speaks much to Girardi's management.

    Re: your initial comment... Definitely didn't hit a walk off against anyone in a Yankee uniform in the regular season last year. 20 PA's, 1 single, no XBH, 9 K's.

  18. #193
    Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    OW I see that you picked one out, I didn't even look their numbers up, all I know is that he had some big hits in the last few years, how come you didn't pick Big Poppi, or Manny. If you read my post you know i'm right, about most of these guys. My point is how could you let the same guys beat you over an over, wouldn't you walk them or pitch more carefully. Why throw 7 fastballs in a row to Pena, knowing that he's a dead fastball hitter with a great eye. Who called it.

    Thanks Boss!
    I didn't pick one out. I replied to another poster.

    Walking Sean Rodriguez to get to Pena and then going with that pitch sequence was certainly questionable. You don't see me saying otherwise.

    I don't strongly disagree with your POV necessarily, but I definitely think your supporting evidence is off. Best hitters hit, whether they're facing the Yankees or anyone else. I'm sure you could find terrible splits against for those same guys for terrible teams. Doesn't mean the opposing managers are geniuses either.

  19. #194
    Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    We all know the players that beat us, but like I said to get pounded by the same players over and over. My only concern is winning, I'm with you guys.. I too watch every game, some of these losses could be avoided, we don't have a great manager, our guys are hard to manage. All facts, I'm getting tired of Tampa!
    I will say this... that both Torre and Girardi probably didn't/don't encourage their pitchers/catchers enough to get hitters to move their feet, change eye level, etc. I definitely agree that guys like Manny and Ortiz and maybe some of the other guys you could list were entirely too comfortable against Yankee pitchers. I think that's a reasonable and fair observation.

    If I'm remembering properly, we saw it yesterday with Hellickson and Swisher. Wasted one brushing him back a bit, and that probably didn't hurt his chances of recording the out.

  20. #195

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Tonight's lineup Per LoHud:

    Derek Jeter SS
    Nick Swisher RF
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Alex Rodriguez DH
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Andruw Jones LF
    Russell Martin C
    Eduardo Nunez 3B
    RHP Ivan Nova


    A-Rod gets the break tonight. I guess we knew that was coming. I might have given Chavez a shot at third instead of Nunez, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

    EDIT: I forgot the LH Matusz was pitching.. ok with Nunez instead.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  21. #196
    Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Tonight's lineup Per LoHud:

    Derek Jeter SS
    Nick Swisher RF
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Alex Rodriguez DH
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Andruw Jones LF
    Russell Martin C
    Eduardo Nunez 3B
    RHP Ivan Nova


    A-Rod gets the break tonight. I guess we knew that was coming. I might have given Chavez a shot at third instead of Nunez, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

    EDIT: I forgot the LH Matusz was pitching.. ok with Nunez instead.
    Again no Gardner. He has 2 starts in the first four games and it looks like Girardi might actually platoon him. No like.

    EDIT - the Yanks tatooed Matusz in his 2 starts against them last year. Hopefully more of the same tonight.

  22. #197

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Again no Gardner. He has 2 starts in the first four games and it looks like Girardi might actually platoon him. No like.

    EDIT - the Yanks tatooed Matusz in his 2 starts against them last year. Hopefully more of the same tonight.
    I'm not liking this at all. It's like Girardi was praised last year for keeping guys rested and he's decided to make that the theme of this season. "Yankees Baseball 2012-- Come See How Alert Everyone Looks™"

    Most of Gardner's value is in the field-- let him be out there.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  23. #198
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I will say this... that both Torre and Girardi probably didn't/don't encourage their pitchers/catchers enough to get hitters to move their feet, change eye level, etc. I definitely agree that guys like Manny and Ortiz and maybe some of the other guys you could list were entirely too comfortable against Yankee pitchers. I think that's a reasonable and fair observation.

    If I'm remembering properly, we saw it yesterday with Hellickson and Swisher. Wasted one brushing him back a bit, and that probably didn't hurt his chances of recording the out.
    False that's my whole point, in a round about way.

  24. #199

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    I'm going to be pissed if they platoon Grittner.

  25. #200
    Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I'm going to be pissed if they platoon Grittner.
    Is the Grittner thing a spellcheck thing, or is that what you call him?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts