+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

Not happy so far.

NYYF Legend

I know it is easy to dismiss Jeff Keppinger as a journeyman utility player but the guy has shown a significant L/R split throughout his career. Why would you leave Logan in to face him with plenty of RHP options sitting in the bullpen ... Not to mention, a warmed up Wade?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Triple Crown

Maddon put a clown suit on Girardi.

He's not a very good manager.

He picked up right where he left off vs Detroit last year....just horrific in-game decisions.

NYYF Legend

http://nomaas.org/2012/04/now-playin...-in-the-brain/

Even the biggest Girardi supporters can't defend this nomaas post...

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post

What Girardi supporters?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    What Girardi supporters?
    His wife?

His wife?
    That's about it.

Huuuurendous.

NYYF Triple Crown

Nothing else to say except exceptional leaders not only make solid decisions based on the information provided, they have strong instincts and emotional intelligence. Did Joe even think that his going to the mound and telling CC to walk that batter was possibly seen as a vote of no confidence in his ace? Resting Derek Jeter in the 2nd game of the year - good Lord he is 37, not 87. I know these players are professionals and are not fragile in any way, but c'mon. Joe is acting like a Stepford manager. Stop looking over in the other dugout. Madden owned Girardi because he used stats COMBINED with emotional intelligence. He knows his players, boosted their confidence levels with each game. The Yankees mailed it in today. I'm not worried. I think Joe needs to take his hands off the "flower bed", water from time to time and watch it grow. This is a low maintenance team of professionals. They are all in, so they know what to do.
    “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible."

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search." Prince

That crapola site, nomaas.org is still around?

NYYF Legend

Well, Logan more or less explained Girardi's decision to leave him in to face the righty today ... (paraphrasing) "They had lefty, righty, lefty in their lineup and we were down by a couple of runs, so it wasn't the right time to play matchup."

Whereas all Girardi said was, "When we’re losing, we try to get some innings out of some other guys down there. Boone had thrown the ball really well to three hitters, and then he made a mistake with the fastball. He finished up getting Molina, looking good." (http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/04/0...o-show-for-it/)

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung4Vazquez View Post
    Maddon put a clown suit on Girardi.
    Madden is the perfect manager to make look Girardi look stupid. He starts with wacky lineups, unorthodox defensive alignments, and the hundreds of pitching changes. Before you know it, Girardi sees all this and gets that itch, and of course he gets burned by it.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Madden is the perfect manager to make look Girardi look stupid. He starts with wacky lineups, unorthodox defensive alignments, and the hundreds of pitching changes. Before you know it, Girardi sees all this and gets that itch, and of course he gets burned by it.
    Reminds me of when Torre tried to match wits w/Scoscia...that never ended well for us

NYYF Legend

Game 1-- Walked Rodriguez, Pena Grand Slam
    Game 2-- Play Nunez at SS, He makes the key error
    Game 3-- Play Ibanez in RF, He misplays ball for a run.

Its amazing how every questionable move by Girardi backfires.

But really the main problem is while the Rays seem to be able to score at will with 2 outs no one on the Yankees can get a hit with RISP unless its a home run.
    Just like last season and 2010.

just last season... when they had the second highest OBP and the 6th best batting average with RISP in the majors?

NYYF MVP

The only valid beef in my opinion with Giradi this weekend was the IBB in game 1 which I thought was ridiculous along with Cone and Pinella so it wasn't a second guess on my part and if it wasn't for Mariano blowing the save we would have ironically won that game.

Nunez and Ibanez are part of the team and have roles on the team they are going to play, their mistakes are not on Girardi those are the players Cashman gave him if you want a upgrade then look to Cashman.

Fact is we play better collectively we win.

This isn't basketball or football where X's and O'S are of great importance all you can really hope for is that your baseball manager to be competent and a leader of men which I think Girardi is.

For how great Mike Scioscia is perceived I'm sure he wouldn't be perceived that way if he was in New York missing the postseason the last two years in 2010 and 2011 like he did with the Angels

Now I'm not one of those don't criticize the manager people but when it comes to this weekend I only think he messed up on Friday with the IBB.

Everything else this weekend is just based on the players themselves not doing their jobs and preforming.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Reminds me of when Torre tried to match wits w/Scoscia...that never ended well for us
    I have a feeling the Rays are the new Angels, where the Yankees are concerned.

Joe.. sigh. When we signed him, I didn't think this was the guy we were getting.

I sometimes wonder what it might be like to have a really good manager. And I don't even mean someone who goes to extremes (like going all sabermetrics, or someone who plays little ball every chance the get), but just someone who doesn't make constant head scratchers, like intentionally walking a really crappy hitter in the first inning of the first game of the season. That's all I really ask. Someone who has an eye for what NOT to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    That crapola site, nomaas.org is still around?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    The only valid beef in my opinion with Giradi this weekend was the IBB in game 1 which I thought was ridiculous along with Cone and Pinella so it wasn't a second guess on my part and if it wasn't for Mariano blowing the save we would have ironically won that game.

Nunez and Ibanez are part of the team and have roles on the team they are going to play, their mistakes are not on Girardi those are the players Cashman gave him if you want a upgrade then look to Cashman.

Fact is we play better collectively we win.

This isn't basketball or football where X's and O'S are of great importance all you can really hope for is that your baseball manager to be competent and a leader of men which I think Girardi is.

For how great Mike Scioscia is perceived I'm sure he wouldn't be perceived that way if he was in New York missing the postseason the last two years in 2010 and 2011 like he did with the Angels

Now I'm not one of those don't criticize the manager people but when it comes to this weekend I only think he messed up on Friday with the IBB.

Everything else this weekend is just based on the players themselves not doing their jobs and preforming.
    Good post. Personally, I'd never play Ibanez in the outfield but Girardi didn't misplay that ball.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Good post. Personally, I'd never play Ibanez in the outfield but Girardi didn't misplay that ball.
    But that's the point -- Ibanez should have never been put in that position. He's horrid defensively. Unless Swisher's groin is still hurting there is no reason he should need to "rest" in the 3rd game of the season against the team we will be battling for the division title. Not to mention, if his groin is bothering him he's just as likely to aggravate it running the bases as he is playing RF.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Spot on. Girardi's been awful.

Has anyone in the press asked him about these decisions, or written articles about it?
    Team Northern Lights

Embarrassing so far. 3 games in and he is resting players.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Spot on. Girardi's been awful.

Has anyone in the press asked him about these decisions, or written articles about it?
    Nobody in the media has taken notice.

Thread Information