+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 112 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 67 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 2785
  1. #401
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Now that the Yankees have Swisher, Jones and Wise to play the OF why is Joe still playing Nunez in LF?

  2. #402
    when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Now that the Yankees have Swisher, Jones and Wise to play the OF why is Joe still playing Nunez in LF?
    hey, at least he didn't intentionally walk Sean Rodriguez again to load the bases two outs to get to a better matchup leading to another grand slam (Molina hit one to lead off the next inning) !!

    PS he's a better hitter, wants to give him some reps, and probably the big point was really good numbers vs shields (say 14 ABs) >>
    .462.500.7691.269

  3. #403
    when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    i thought last nite was a very solid game from joey G. he's been good lately putting on plays, staying out of the DP. i also liked his slow trigger on pen moves, staying with nova in both the 5th (a no brainer) and the 7th (when it seemed he would typically give the hook), and also with soriano. chances are it was just due to a short pen, but i liked giving nova a chance to clean up his own mess.

  4. #404
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post
    hey, at least he didn't intentionally walk Sean Rodriguez again to load the bases two outs to get to a better matchup leading to another grand slam (Molina hit one to lead off the next inning) !!

    PS he's a better hitter, wants to give him some reps, and probably the big point was really good numbers vs shields (say 14 ABs) >>
    .462.500.7691.269
    I can understand that but playing the Rays you aren't going to score many runs so defense is important. Yankees caught a break since Nunez had nothing hit to him in left field last night.

  5. #405

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Granderson is having a really good season right now but I think he should be moved down in the order to give him more situations with guys on base. You lose his speed at the top of the lineup but I think he helps the team more with his bat.

    Im thinking

    Jeter
    Swisher
    Cano
    A-Rod
    Granderson
    Tex
    Ibanez
    Martin
    Eventually Gardner
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

  6. #406
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Interesting approach, using 4 pitchers for the last two innings, including the closer for 2 outs with a 4 run lead.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  7. #407

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Interesting approach, using 4 pitchers for the last two innings, including the closer for 2 outs with a 4 run lead.
    He probably wanted to get D Rob right out there after last night.


  8. #408

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    He probably wanted to get D Rob right out there after last night.
    I think so too, upon reflection. I retract my complaint in the game thread.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  9. #409
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hartford, CT

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Why on earth is Rapada allowed to face those RHH's in the 9th with a 2 run deficit? You gotta keep the game at 4-2 there to give yourself a chance.

  10. #410
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YESSIR! View Post
    Why on earth is Rapada allowed to face those RHH's in the 9th with a 2 run deficit? You gotta keep the game at 4-2 there to give yourself a chance.
    No idea. It's almost as if Joe's binders only contain data based on insignificant sample sizes. He'll routinely make decisions based on a history of 10 at bats yet ignore more relevant data like Rapada's career of sucking vs. righties.
    Last edited by NelsonMuntz; 05-13-12 at 05:18 PM.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  11. #411

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YESSIR! View Post
    Why on earth is Rapada allowed to face those RHH's in the 9th with a 2 run deficit? You gotta keep the game at 4-2 there to give yourself a chance.
    getting lefty specialists on this team is like giving a kid some lighter fluid and telling him to have fun, but be careful.
    always reasonable

  12. #412
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Vacaville, California

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    He needs to move Teixeira down in the line up 7/8th. Let him earn his way back up.

  13. #413

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    No, you don't. You do that to a kid trying to stay up in the show. Why not shove Tex in a place where pitchers will have to pitch to him? Cano hits bad pitches. Tex apparently struggling. I don't know.

  14. #414
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YESSIR! View Post
    Why on earth is Rapada allowed to face those RHH's in the 9th with a 2 run deficit? You gotta keep the game at 4-2 there to give yourself a chance.
    Made no sense at all. Unlike Logan who can get out leftys and rightys, Rapada can get LH's out but last season RHs batted .600 against him.

  15. #415
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Wow. So that outcome was actually probable.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  16. #416

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Headline in the nydailynews today: Yankees' Mark Teixeira May Let Manager Joe Girardi Rest Him Soon

    Tex goes on to say in the article that he might talk to Joe and see if it makes sense.

    Why is it that when Girardi wants Derek Jeter, a first ballot HOF'er, five time WS Champion, captain of the team and 3,000+ hits, to take a day off, he simply sits him down, while apparently with Tex, it's up to the player?



  17. #417

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Headline in the nydailynews today: Yankees' Mark Teixeira May Let Manager Joe Girardi Rest Him Soon

    Tex goes on to say in the article that he might talk to Joe and see if it makes sense.

    Why is it that when Girardi wants Derek Jeter, a first ballot HOF'er, five time WS Champion, captain of the team and 3,000+ hits, to take a day off, he simply sits him down, while apparently with Tex, it's up to the player?
    You really will go to almost any lengths to make your hatred of Mark Teixeira the focus of every thread on this forum, won't you?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  18. #418
    NYYF Legend

    Eldee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Carolina (Originally NJ)

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Today's post-game presser:
    "Nixie"
    Really Joe?

  19. #419
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    20 minutes from the stadium

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    I don't understand why Girardi didn't have somebody pitch run for Jones in the bottom of the ninth??

  20. #420

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by foul ball View Post
    I don't understand why Girardi didn't have somebody pitch run for Jones in the bottom of the ninth??
    He used up all of his position players except for Stewart and Tex with the latter unavailable.

  21. #421
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    Today's post-game presser:
    "Nixie"
    Really Joe?
    http://www.victorianweb.org/painting...intings/9.html

  22. #422
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Joe drops Text to 7th tonight:

    Teixeira dropped to seventh

    Derek Jeter SS
    Curtis Granderson CF
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Alex Rodriguez DH
    Raul Ibanez LF
    Nick Swisher RF
    Mark Teixeira 1B
    Eric Chavez 3B
    Russell Martin C
    RHP Hiroki Kuroda
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  23. #423

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Good start. Tell A-Rod he's next and we'll be getting somewhere.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

  24. #424

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    This is not what I want to see happen, nor am I predicting it. However....

    If things go seriously south for the Yankees between now and the All-Star break....if they find themselves in last place, 5 or so games under .500....if attendance continues to be noticeably soft, and if ratings continue to dip....

    Could Joe ever been in danger this year? I know it sounds crazy...but if he was heading for his second missed playoff in 5 years....

    Could we actually see Lou Piniella for a three month stint? Pure Steinbrennerian thing to do, I know, and I know this is a whole different organization now...

    But you know Lou would do it for short money...and he is under contract to the Yanks right now....

    Again, I doubt it would happen...but it's not as impossible as I would have thought three months ago....

  25. #425
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2012 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    This is not what I want to see happen, nor am I predicting it. However....

    If things go seriously south for the Yankees between now and the All-Star break....if they find themselves in last place, 5 or so games under .500....if attendance continues to be noticeably soft, and if ratings continue to dip....

    Could Joe ever been in danger this year? I know it sounds crazy...but if he was heading for his second missed playoff in 5 years....

    Could we actually see Lou Piniella for a three month stint? Pure Steinbrennerian thing to do, I know, and I know this is a whole different organization now...

    But you know Lou would do it for short money...and he is under contract to the Yanks right now....

    Again, I doubt it would happen...but it's not as impossible as I would have thought three months ago....

    I would say yes. Whether it is fair or not, and you can argue both sides, I think if a Yankee manager misses the playoffs twice, then he is gone.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts