+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Mad Men Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Wow, what an episode. Peggy gives some rando a handy in a movie theater and it's not even in the top 5 memorable things from the hour. Every story arc was great. The whole Roger part could've easily been lame and cliche' but it was f'n fantastic and at the end he couldn't be happier. A great moment at the end with all the young blood passing Don by. Could Bert Cooper calling him out lead to the return of Alpha Don? I hope so. Best episode of the season in my estimation.

Screw you Megan. Orange sherbert is delicious.

I have a bad feeling about Roger. I noticed that the song that was playing when they started tripping had the line "I wasn't meant for these times."

My gut tells me Roger will die after this season. After his divorce with Jane he will be broke, and miserable looking for love in all the wrong places.

And Don & Megan will separate at the end of the season also.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    My gut tells me Roger will die after this season. After his divorce with Jane he will be broke, and miserable looking for love in all the wrong places.

Don needs Megan.

Don needs Megan.
    Who doesn't?
    Team Northern Lights

Wow, what an episode. Peggy gives some rando a handy in a movie theater and it's not even in the top 5 memorable things from the hour. Every story arc was great. The whole Roger part could've easily been lame and cliche' but it was f'n fantastic and at the end he couldn't be happier. A great moment at the end with all the young blood passing Don by. Could Bert Cooper calling him out lead to the return of Alpha Don? I hope so. Best episode of the season in my estimation.

Screw you Megan. Orange sherbert is delicious.

I have a bad feeling about Roger. I noticed that the song that was playing when they started tripping had the line "I wasn't meant for these times."
    Roger is from the older generation (WWII) and not the soon to be LSD taking one. I dont think he will be going anywhere he just isnt going to adpat to what is coming. Anyway that may be the best song on "pet sounds"

I dont think it will happen. Don said to Pete in the back of the cab something about that Pete should not mess up his first marriage.

NYYF Triple Crown

WOW!......

This episode had so much in it. I don't even know where to start. All I know right now is Megan has Don whipped. I never thought that would happen.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]

NYYF Triple Crown

Good episode tonight. Not great, but good IMO

Peter officially scares me. The way he was talking about women and how they "give you a glimour of hope, and then leads to rejection...under a court of law it would look like an accident, but it's not..."

WHAT THE HECK?!?! WHOSE MURDER IS HE PLANNING!!!

The dude is clearly unsatisfied with life and hates women. This guy is going to fall off the rocker really soon.

And what about the elevator shaft scene with Don...scary!

NYYF Legend

Good episode tonight. Not great, but good IMO

Peter officially scares me. The way he was talking about women and how they "give you a glimour of hope, and then leads to rejection...under a court of law it would look like an accident, but it's not..."

WHAT THE HECK?!?! WHOSE MURDER IS HE PLANNING!!!

The dude is clearly unsatisfied with life and hates women. This guy is going to fall off the rocker really soon.

And what about the elevator shaft scene with Don...scary!
    That was definitely very jarring. Seems like nothing in Don's life can just go right. Like I would, he went straight for a drink, haha.

Pete has always had this problem with not being able to control women.
    Currently building my Man-cave-a for Mancada's arrival.

WOW!......

This episode had so much in it. I don't even know where to start. All I know right now is Megan has Don whipped. I never thought that would happen.
    Have no fear, the DraperBeast will be back on the prowl soon enough.

Did everyone catch the Mr. Belding sighting?
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Cy Young

The ending scene with Tomorrow Never Knows was perfect, I loved it.

Source says they paid $250k to use the song. Wow!
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

NYYF Triple Crown

Last nights episode was the weakest one of the season so far. Episodes 4 to 8 were awesome-they were among the best the show has ever had IMO. But last night's was lacking.

Betty feels out of place this season. It feels like the shows producers are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. For me she just doesn't fit in this year. And what she did was so wrong. Miserable house wife!

I liked how Peter thought he was going to be featured in the NYTimes article and they didn't even mention his name. LOL LOL

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I'm a week behind so I just watched the one where Megan quit. Very well done as usual. I like reading Alan Sepinwall's recaps. He has a way of pointing out stuff that I miss all the time.
    The problem is that Megan has somehow built up all the power in their relationship, at work and at home. Megan is the one who keeps Don current, and she's the one who keeps him even vaguely engaged at the office. Joan suggests to Peggy that Megan is just another woman like Betty, but Peggy knows that she's more than that to Don. Megan is everything Don has dreamed of: the glamor and easy charm of Betty, the gift and (seeming) passion for creative work of Peggy, and the independent streak of Don's various mistresses. But fulfilling Don's dreams has put her own on hold, and letting her return to them has Don facing a very literal abyss: the very first thing that happens after Megan leaves the office for good is Don nearly stepping into an empty elevator shaft.
    Don Draper, master of the universe, is now utterly dependent on a woman he can't control (and doesn't want to) and can't entirely understand.

NYYF Triple Crown

Another really good episode. It's funny, the only episodes I thought were bad were the ones with Betty in them. Episodes 2 & 8.

I didn't quite get why Lane needed the moneyb so bad. Was he involved in some type of scam in England? And I loved the dialogue between Don & Joan. They both are in similar places in their life and career and it was nice to see them share a moment.

Not surprised that Paul Kinsey joined the Hari Krishna cult. Harry Crane cracks me up. Can't wait til' the next episode.

NYYF Cy Young

Surprise! There's an airplane here to see you!

Oh Joan, you are perfect.
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

NYYF Cy Young

Another really good episode. It's funny, the only episodes I thought were bad were the ones with Betty in them. Episodes 2 & 8.

I didn't quite get why Lane needed the moneyb so bad. Was he involved in some type of scam in England? And I loved the dialogue between Don & Joan. They both are in similar places in their life and career and it was nice to see them share a moment.

Not surprised that Paul Kinsey joined the Hari Krishna cult. Harry Crane cracks me up. Can't wait til' the next episode.
    Lane owed back taxes, and his lawyer said he might end up in jail if he didn't get him the $$
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Lane owed back taxes, and his lawyer said he might end up in jail if he didn't get him the $$
    I don't think it will end well for Lane. Once the partners find out what he did with the forged check, they will probably dismiss him as a partner. Can't wait for the next episode. Only 3 episodes left

NYYF Cy Young

I don't think it will end well for Lane. Once the partners find out what he did with the forged check, they will probably dismiss him as a partner. Can't wait for the next episode. Only 3 episodes left
    Yeah, I can't see this ending well for Lane. Its too bad, because I really enjoyed his character and it would be a shame to see him go. I especially liked the Lane/Joan scenes.
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

NYYF Triple Crown

WOW!!!!!

What a wild (and dirty) episode. They should have named this episode Indecent Proposal instead of "The Other Woman." I had to take a shower after watching this one.

I lost a lot of respect for Joan. She has a share of the Agency, but she has lost a lot of respect IMO. And who else was shocked that Peggy left the agency? It was time got from under Don's wing. Plus she wasn't getting the respect she deserves as a copywriter. Something tells me she won't get that respect at the new agency she's moving to, but we'll see.

Jawdroppingly great episode. SCDP won't ever be the same again.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Cy Young

If they start giving Peggy the same amount of screen time they give to Betty, I'ma be so pissed.
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    If they start giving Peggy the same amount of screen time they give to Betty, I'ma be so pissed.

+1...
    The less I see of Betty the better the show will be IMO. I haven't fully made up my mind yet with Megan though. I can't stand see her with her jacked up grills, but I think she adds something to the show. She brings out a very vulnerable side to Don that keep's him off balanced.

I haven't really enjoyed this season all that much, but that was a very compelling episode. Interested in where they take Joan and Peggy's characters following this one.

Easily the best episode this year. I was crushed to see Joan go through with it.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Easily the best episode this year. I was crushed to see Joan go through with it.

Yeah, that did stink. Kind of changes her character forever.
    Team Northern Lights

Thread Information