+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Mad Men Season 5

Interesting...

A friend pointed this out to me. Don killed Andrea and stuffed her body under his bed. Sally, after taking Seconal from her Granny, fell asleep under the sofa. They both were "swept underneath the furniture. Is there a deeper meaning behind this?

And did the Andrea character really exist, or was she a figment of Don's imagination? Or did she really exist and Megan hid the body?
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

Give me the Zoppity mentalgidget's Avatar

I think she def. existed at the office but everything in the apartment was a dream.
    Ah, dammit! I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes. Donnez moi pancakes. Click click, bloody click pancakes!
    -- Stewie Griffin

NYYF Triple Crown

Another good episode. I was beginning to like Peter after season 4, but he's been getting smug again. That beat down he got was well deserved.

Roger Sterling: ‎"I know cooler heads should prevail, but am I the only one who wants to see this?....My money was on Lane..." LOL LOL LOL......
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Another good episode. I was beginning to like Peter after season 4, but he's been getting smug again. That beat down he got was well deserved.

Roger Sterling: ‎"I know cooler heads should prevail, but am I the only one who wants to see this?....My money was on Lane..." LOL LOL LOL......
    Pete is a total scumbag. How crappy a husband are you if you have to get marriage advice from Don Draper? I loved seeing him get his comeuppance.

Next time someone asks what I want to drink I'll have to remember "big and brown". Each week there's 2-3 laugh out loud funny one liners.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Pete is a total scumbag. How crappy a husband are you if you have to get marriage advice from Don Draper? I loved seeing him get his comeuppance.

Next time someone asks what I want to drink I'll have to remember "big and brown". Each week there's 2-3 laugh out loud funny one liners.
    LOL Pete looks up to Don. Despite all the battles they've had Pete admires him...for some strange reason.

Interesting. The last 2 episodes dealt with serial killers Richard Speck and Charles Whitman. Richard Whitman (aka Dick Whitman) is Don's real name. Is Don going to kill someone this season? He did have that dream of killing a girlfriend from the past. Will he go back to his old Dick Whitman ways?

Easily the best episode of the season. Fantastic stuff.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Legend

LOL Pete looks up to Don. Despite all the battles they've had Pete admires him...for some strange reason.

Interesting. The last 2 episodes dealt with serial killers Richard Speck and Charles Whitman. Richard Whitman (aka Dick Whitman) is Don's real name. Is Don going to kill someone this season? He did have that dream of killing a girlfriend from the past. Will he go back to his old Dick Whitman ways?
    It seems they're definitely setting up the idea of death in some form. I wouldn't be surprised if Don kills someone...it just better not be one of his children, I couldn't take that.
    Currently building my Man-cave-a for Mancada's arrival.

NYYF Triple Crown

Another good episode.

After Roger & Jane took LSD I thought for sure someone was going to end up dead. But one thing I'm pretty sure of is Roger is heading into some bad times. He has almost zero worth to the agency. He divorced his first wife and she took half of his fortune. Now he's divorcing Jane, and she'll take half of the half he currently has. And with his love for boozing and whoring, I'd say he will be broke in about 2-3 years.

Megan & Don....that's a ticking time bomb IMO.

BTW, are there any Howard Johnson's still around?

I was hoping for more out of the Don and Meagan situation. With the way they teased it with the phone call to Peggy then when we saw how it played out... Having her waiting at home seemed a bit of a buzzkill.
    Ah, dammit! I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes. Donnez moi pancakes. Click click, bloody click pancakes!
    -- Stewie Griffin

Mad Men is at the top of its game right now.

BTW, are there any Howard Johnson's still around?
    "To the Don Drapers of the world, the Howard Johnson hotel brand would like to say this: We're sorry and your next stay is on us," the company said in announcing a "Mad Men"-inspired promotion.
    Guests with the legal name Don Draper (ahem, the "real" Don Draper might not qualify) can book a free one-night stay now through May 8 for stays completed by August 31 at one of eight Howard Johnson locations.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/24/travel...ml?hpt=hp_bn10
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Fianlly caught up last night from the past two weeks. The LSD episode may have been the best one of the entire series.

Don is a changed man, he didnt do anything at the whorehouse, was going nuts when he thought he lost Megan.

Pete is becoming the new Don but more of a doosh.

Roger we all saw that coming from the way he was treating his wife in the past episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post

Pete is becoming Roger, who he hates.

Don is a changed man, he didnt do anything at the whorehouse, was going nuts when he thought he lost Megan.
    I don't know if he's changed. He still split as soon as he got in the fight with Megan, and only thought of himself when he took her to HJ.

It's funny, Don's a crappy human, but we root for him.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Cy Young

Fianlly caught up last night from the past two weeks. The LSD episode may have been the best one of the entire series.

Roger we all saw that coming from the way he was treating his wife in the past episodes.
    Peggy has been reminding me a lot of the Don Draper we first met in S1, tbh.
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    They both have the same background. They come from rich, well connected families. Roger inherited everything he has from his father- including the Lucky Strike account. And Pete's biggest clients came from his father-in-law.

But Roger is an overgrown 10 year old. Pete's more mature, but he's smug and arrogant. I can see Pete becoming more like Don than Roger

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    I don't know if he's changed. He still split as soon as he got in the fight with Megan, and only thought of himself when he took her to HJ.

People root for him, yet they ................ all over Betty, who was victim of his serial philandering (and two truly crappy parents). I never quite understood that.

I think if Don wasn't so devastatingly handsome, it wouldn't be that way. Although then I guess there wouldn't be a TV series either
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post

True but he did say to Pete something about not messing it up on the first go around in the back of the cab.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Yes, if you see her in this seaon she always has a drink next to her in her office, smoking the ganja (like Don did), hooking up with a random person. She just cant close the deal like Don with the agencies customers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Roger is more fun and not as maliscious, Pete is just a dick.

NYYF Cy Young

Yes, if you see her in this seaon she always has a drink next to her in her office, smoking the ganja (like Don did), hooking up with a random person. She just cant close the deal like Don with the agencies customers.
    I think part of this comes from the fact that she's been mostly dealing with that obnoxious Heinz guy. In the last episode, the way she reemed him out... I could picture Don doing that. Except Don is a man and Peggy is a woman, and I definitely think that is the reason why the Heinz guy got so pissed. If it had been Don making those points, maybe he would have listened.
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

I think part of this comes from the fact that she's been mostly dealing with that obnoxious Heinz guy. In the last episode, the way she reemed him out... I could picture Don doing that. Except Don is a man and Peggy is a woman, and I definitely think that is the reason why the Heinz guy got so pissed. If it had been Don making those points, maybe he would have listened.
    I liked Peggy's rant at the Heinz guy because they could have easily fallen back on the "poor Peggy" and have her get emotional saying how hard she worked on the campaign. Instead, she stood her ground, like Don would have.
    -- Stewie Griffin

Yeah this is the parallel. Peggy is like Don and Pete is like Roger. They are also their own characters but the those are the parallels. Just consider the unspoken and sometimes spoken intense personal bond Peggy and Don have.

Wow, what an episode. Peggy gives some rando a handy in a movie theater and it's not even in the top 5 memorable things from the hour. Every story arc was great. The whole Roger part could've easily been lame and cliche' but it was f'n fantastic and at the end he couldn't be happier. A great moment at the end with all the young blood passing Don by. Could Bert Cooper calling him out lead to the return of Alpha Don? I hope so. Best episode of the season in my estimation.

Screw you Megan. Orange sherbert is delicious.

I have a bad feeling about Roger. I noticed that the song that was playing when they started tripping had the line "I wasn't meant for these times."

Thread Information