+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees Ticket Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cd50378 View Post
    I had 2 rainouts games from my Friday package last year (which I dropped) & went to stadium to swap them. They made me pay an additional $2 per ticket because I guess the grandstand tickets are now $22 compared to my $20 tickets that I had last year. You would think they would just do an even swap but not the money hungry Yankees!
    That's not right because only Grandstand infield prices went up, from $25 to $28. Outfield stayed at $20

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    That's not right because only Grandstand infield prices went up, from $25 to $28. Outfield stayed at $20
    Individual OFGS are $22. Only people in plans pay $20.

I had a similar thing in the late 00's when I was exchanging rain out games and they wanted to give me the advanced ticket price as opposed to the season ticket price. I was pretty peeved but its the yankees...what can you do. Ah the inconsistencies of the yankees box office..hence why I why i downgraded my season tixx, why support a business which treats its customers like crap.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    Individual OFGS are $22. Only people in plans pay $20.
    Which is the same as last year, so there's no reason to be charged $2 more this year

Which is the same as last year, so there's no reason to be charged $2 more this year
    He (she?) had a partial plan last year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    He (she?) had a partial plan last year.
    but why should that matter, heshe had a ticket and the Yankees didn't honor it because of rain, so they're supposed to give the person an equal value ticket to replace it. It's the same cost this year so you can't argue an increase in prices as justification. Plan or no plan Yankees owe someone replacement tickets

If you buy something at a store and realize it is broken when you get home, they should replace it for free the next day regardless of if the price went up overnight. Similar situation should apply here.

but why should that matter, heshe had a ticket and the Yankees didn't honor it because of rain, so they're supposed to give the person an equal value ticket to replace it. It's the same cost this year so you can't argue an increase in prices as justification. Plan or no plan Yankees owe someone replacement tickets
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    If you buy something at a store and realize it is broken when you get home, they should replace it for free the next day regardless of if the price went up overnight. Similar situation should apply here.
    Stop thinking about the theoretical idea of a happy customer!! This is Yankee Stadium and the peons should be grateful to give us all their money!

Rained out game exchange is NOT the same as same season exchange.

Rained out game will be treated as a cash purchase with the amount credited on the tickets - advance tickets price will apply.

Exchange tickets from the same season, it will have the same value (whichever season package you have) - advance tickets price does not apply.

(I have been argued with the box office for the last couple years about it and now the computer will correctly identify the price bracket matching along with season package - no more worry about being cheating and so forth)
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

If you exchange the rained out tickets in the same year, you wouldnt pay the price difference.

If you wait until the next year, not much you can do beside it is the stated value on the tickets is the amount being credited.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Do you think they'll let me swap my tix for next Tuesday's game when I go tomorrow?
    I know you have a 2 week deadline, but to be fair, I only got the tix 10 days ago & tomorrow is my first visit to the stadium.
    Is it worth a try or am I wasting my breath?

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    Do you think they'll let me swap my tix for next Tuesday's game when I go tomorrow?
    I know you have a 2 week deadline, but to be fair, I only got the tix 10 days ago & tomorrow is my first visit to the stadium.
    Is it worth a try or am I wasting my breath?
    Give it a shot, but get to the box office at 9am.

I had no problem swapping 2 games from my Sunday plan last night. Was there at 6:20 and there was no line at the ticket window near section 211.
    Traded May 2 (weeknight) for day game in August and May 13 (Sunday) for April 27 (Friday).

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    I had no problem swapping 2 games from my Sunday plan last night. Was there at 6:20 and there was no line at the ticket window near section 211.
    Traded May 2 (weeknight) for day game in August and May 13 (Sunday) for April 27 (Friday).
    Very interesting. Either the person who swapped out your tickets wasn't aware of the weekday-for-weekend restriction, or he/she knew about it but chose to do right by a customer. Hopefully the latter, but good news either way.

Edit: misread poster's statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    Very interesting. Either the person who swapped out your tickets wasn't aware of the weekday-for-weekend restriction, or he/she knew about it but chose to do right by a customer. Hopefully the latter, but good news either way.
    There are three midweek day games in August, I am guessing he swapped May 2nd for one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    There are three midweek day games in August, I am guessing he swapped May 2nd for one of those.
    Yes , Wed Aug 29

I was at Sunday night's game, and the Yankees accepted the 9/6 exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_grand View Post
    Just heard back from StubHub Customer Service again. Looks like the Yankees have relented and will allow the 9/6 exchanges. Full email below (yes, the first paragraph stops mid-sentence):

----------

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for contacting StubHub. I apologize for any inconvienence and
    I completely understand your concern. I have reviewed your order and I
    have tried calling you but had to leave a voicemail. I have spoke with
    my managers regarding your email and it looks like that we have had
    multiply calls and emails regarding this issue. We have since contacted
    the Yankees and they said they would re-train their representatives to
    allow the exchange of the tickets. So if you try to exchange your ticket
    again you should be able to receive your new ticket now. If they are
    still giving you trouble just give us a call at 866-788-2482 or email us
    back directly and we would

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact
    us at 866-788-2482 or email us back directly. We are happy to help.

Thank you for using StubHub!

Sincerely,

Connor
    StubHub Customer Service

Does anyone know:

1) the dates of the rain delayed/ inclimate weather games where they made announcements for exchange tickets

2a) whether the exchanges were for free tickets, or discounted tickets (or some combination thereof)

2b) whether specific games games had certain offers that others did not?

I heard this third-hand, but a friend of a friend went to the ticket office with a rain delay exchange game (I think it was the September game that started at like 11PM), and was told the exchange was only for half-price tickets.

Thread Information