+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Threads

Threads

When will I be able to create threads in all of the forums?

Addicted Member

Re: Threads

which sections can't you start threads in?
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Operation 28

When will they reinstate the old limits on when new members are allowed to start threads?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    which sections can't you start threads in?
    Every forum but this one.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardYankeesFan732 View Post
    Every forum but this one.
    You just got here on Thursday. Which threads were you trying to start? Hopefully, this was a well-intentioned thread, not spam.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Addicted Member

I wasn't even aware new members weren't able to start threads...goes to show my ignorance.

Operation 28

I wasn't even aware new members weren't able to start threads...goes to show my ignorance.
    I don't know what the current policy is. However, I remember around 2004-08 or so, we had like a gazillion spammers from other teams coming in here and starting new threads. I mean anything they could think of. The number of threads being deleted and/or redirected was off the charts.

They also had people pretending to be Yankee fans, then making cheesy remarks about current, past and even deceased Yankees.

From what I remember, they had a "6-month" rule, and/or, I think, a minimum number of posts. Still, some people found ways to make over 500 or even 1,000 posts in their first month here, which is incredible.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Addicted Member

That is insane, not to metion beyond classless and low. Honestly people really have a problem if they would take the time and go through all that trouble just to take a stab at the yankees and their fans. SMH

Operation 28

That is insane, not to metion beyond classless and low. Honestly people really have a problem if they would take the time and go through all that trouble just to take a stab at the yankees and their fans. SMH
    I remember back in the days, both ESPN and MLB had "smack" discussion boards. I'm not sure that either still exist, but some newspapers also have unmonitored discussion boards, including on sports.

Once someone hears of a Yankee board, it's like the cowbells are ringing for a fly on a piece of ... well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    You just got here on Thursday. Which threads were you trying to start? Hopefully, this was a well-intentioned thread, not spam.
    I'm not spamming at all, I was just going to create a Devils hockey thread and Nets basketball thread. I didn't mean any harm.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardYankeesFan732 View Post
    I'm not spamming at all, I was just going to create a Devils hockey thread and Nets basketball thread. I didn't mean any harm.
    Ok, just making sure.

Please go to the "Other Sports" section and see (using "Search") if such similar threads don't already exist.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/forumdispl...4-Other-Sports

Ok, just making sure.

Please go to the "Other Sports" section and see (using "Search") if such similar threads don't already exist.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/forumdispl...4-Other-Sports
    they are not there

If there's a general thread re the NBA and NHL, then you can post into one of those, asking someone to create a thread about those teams.

However, if your main focus is about basketball and hockey, then you can either find a forum about those several pro sports, or separate forums on those sports or those teams.

Forum Regular

I'm unable to start a thread as well :/

anyway, I was just going to start a thread asking if anyone had recorded the Yankees 4 Train commercial that aired Sunday night on ESPN. I NEED to see it again haha, I got goosebumps

Addicted Member

If you end up finding the link please post it here. I can say i know the exact goosebumps you feel. Idk if you've seen the johnnie walker commercials they aired last year, but I've actually posted it here last year, really gets the blood flowin'.

Operation 28

Forum Regular

If you end up finding the link please post it here. I can say i know the exact goosebumps you feel. Idk if you've seen the johnnie walker commercials they aired last year, but I've actually posted it here last year, really gets the blood flowin'.
    I love that commercial, definitely one of my favorites. imo the commercial from Sunday beats the Johnnie Walker commercial by far though. It was unreal

Try google, yahoo or YouTube to see if you can find a video link to the commercial.

Forum Regular

Try google, yahoo or YouTube to see if you can find a video link to the commercial.
    Trust me haha, I've been scouring the Internet for it since I saw it. I figure someone will eventually post it on YouTube but I wanted to see if I could expedite the process
    Last edited by BronxBombers92; 04-17-12 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBombers92 View Post
    I'm unable to start a thread as well :/

anyway, I was just going to start a thread asking if anyone had recorded the Yankees 4 Train commercial that aired Sunday night on ESPN. I NEED to see it again haha, I got goosebumps
    Here's your new thread:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...21#post7488121

Forum Regular

much obliged

Thread Information