+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Re: April 2012 Minor League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Looks like it was a 3run shot down by 1 run in the ninth with 2 outs.
    Yup, two outs then Culver walks followed by a Sanchez single, a pitching change to bring in a righty reliever to face Austin and then a deep drive to left.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Yup, two outs then Culver walks followed by a Sanchez single, a pitching change to bring in a righty reliever to face Austin and then a deep drive to left.
    He's beasting it up, that's for sure.

NYYF Legend

The way Austin, Sanchez and Dante Bichette Jr are hitting, you can understand why the Yankees feel a bit comfortable in trading Montero.

problem is the trade happened before the season
    always reasonable

Didn't look like they missed Montero too much the way the offense performed last night

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    The way Austin, Sanchez and Dante Bichette Jr are hitting, you can understand why the Yankees feel a bit comfortable in trading Montero.
    Sorry I completely disagree with your premise irrelevant of how much those 3 continue to excel as prospects now and in the near future.

They traded Montero because Brian Cashman and the front office thought Michael Pineda was a young, cost controlled, elite arm that made the major league team better and put it in a better position to compete for a championship not because of the potential of hitting prospects still in A ball made Jesus Montero's bat expendable.

You could have on some level made that argument about Sanchez specifically(it has been made before) because they share a position but even then I would disagree with since Cashman himself has said he is 2-3 years away.

The trade was a simple old school baseball trade, talent for talent.

The Mariners wanted a bat because of their inadequate lineup last year while the Yankees wanted what they thought was a elite, young cost controlled arm with front of the rotation potential in Pineda.

It's different to say that the continual progress of Austin, Sanchez and Dante Bichette Jr and their hitting makes the Montero trade sting a little less for Yankee prospect junkies then to say Cashman himself traded Montero with A ball hitting prospects in his mind which in my opinion is in no shape or form true.

Interesting evening for our minor league affiliates. Betances goes for SWB looking to rebound after a rough outing last time. Nik Turley goes for Tampa, and Campos looks to continue his early season dominance for Charleston tonight

Just a random question but would you guys trade Gary Sanchez straight up for Francisco Lindor?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Sorry I completely disagree with your premise irrelevant of how much those 3 continue to excel as prospects now and in the near future.

They traded Montero because Brian Cashman and the front office thought Michael Pineda was a young, cost controlled, elite arm that made the major league team better and put it in a better position to compete for a championship not because of the potential of hitting prospects still in A ball made Jesus Montero's bat expendable.

You could have on some level made that argument about Sanchez specifically(it has been made before) because they share a position but even then I would disagree with since Cashman himself has said he is 2-3 years away.

The trade was a simple old school baseball trade, talent for talent.

The Mariners wanted a bat because of their inadequate lineup last year while the Yankees wanted what they thought was a elite, young cost controlled arm with front of the rotation potential in Pineda.

It's different to say that the continual progress of Austin, Sanchez and Dante Bichette Jr and their hitting makes the Montero trade sting a little less for Yankee prospect junkies then to say Cashman himself traded Montero with A ball hitting prospects in his mind which in my opinion is in no shape or form true.
    A trade can be made for more than one reason. The main reason is Pineda. It doesn't mean that their confidence in those hitting prospects is not a factor. It might be. It might not. Only the front office knows.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    A trade can be made for more than one reason. The main reason is Pineda. It doesn't mean that their confidence in those hitting prospects is not a factor. It might be. It might not. Only the front office knows.
    I think it didn't factor in at all for the reasons I mentioned.

Have no problem with disagreeing.

Campos
    5IP 4H 1ER 1BB (HR) 7K

Bichette
    1-1, 1BB

Sanchez
    2-2, 2RBI, SB

Austin
    1-2, RBI Triple

The guy that started against Campos tonight is his cousin. Interesting.
    Last edited by Jax Teller; 04-16-12 at 08:55 PM.

Dellin: 4ip 4hits 2bb 3k 1r
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

Nik Turley 7IP 6H 0BB 7Ks

Sanchez
    4-5, 2 doubles

Williams
    2-5

Austin
    2-4, 3B, BB

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Sanchez
    4-5, 2 doubles

Williams
    2-5

Austin
    2-4, 3B, BB
    Good lord.

For some bizarre reason I thought Campos was left handed. Lord knows why.

Betances sucked again

4.2IP 7H 5R 5ER 4BB 4K

Campos has finally given up a run of a homerun

5IP 4H 1R 1ER 1BB 7K
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

oh god so good
    always reasonable

NYYF MVP

In most organizations Sanchez would of started the season in High A Tampa this year and not repeated Low A after last year.

My dream scenario is Sanchez getting promoted to Tampa killing it there and starting 2013 in AA.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    In most organizations Sanchez would of started the season in High A Tampa this year and not repeated Low A after last year.

My dream scenario is Sanchez getting promoted to Tampa killing it there and starting 2013 in AA.
    Most organizations don't have a JR Murphy in High A. They both need to catch every day instead of platooning C/DH on the same team.

NYYF MVP

Someone with the talent level of Gary Sanchez should not be held back by someone with the talent of JR Murphy.

That isn't even a shot at JR Murphy it's the simple truth.

Sanchez was ready for High A based on simple performance in Charleston last year irreverent of hype and potential which is enough to be fast tracked in other organizations as a hitter.

i like how sanchez is being patient and ripping doubles. not getting obsessed wtih hitting homers to showoff his massive massive power, which has defined him since he was a teen.
    always reasonable

If you had a minor league game for PS3 and a player had Tyler Austin's numbers, you would be pissed at how unrealistic the game was.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post

Williams
    2-5
    He's gone 2-5 five games in a row.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    For some bizarre reason I thought Campos was left handed. Lord knows why.

Betances sucked again

4.2IP 7H 5R 5ER 4BB 4K

Campos has finally given up a run of a homerun

5IP 4H 1R 1ER 1BB 7K
    How many starts does Campos get at Charleston before he goes to Tampa ? 10 ? 15 ?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    He's gone 2-5 five games in a row.
    Needs to start turning one of those outs into a BB and he'll really be in business.

Quote Originally Posted by jeter62375
    How many starts does Campos get at Charleston before he goes to Tampa ? 10 ? 15 ?
    I'd assume 10 is the best case scenario if he remains completely dominant. 15 sounds about right. Best case scenario would be Turly continues to deal and gets bumped to AA, and Campos follows him up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader
    Someone with the talent level of Gary Sanchez should not be held back by someone with the talent of JR Murphy.

That isn't even a shot at JR Murphy it's the simple truth.

Sanchez was ready for High A based on simple performance in Charleston last year irreverent of hype and potential which is enough to be fast tracked in other organizations as a hitter.
    I think there were enough issues to where starting Sanchez over in Charleston was a fine move. His defense was atrocious and he was hindered by makeup questions. Not to mention he only really hit for half the season. Regardless, his stay should be short there this year irrespective of what Murphy is doing in Tampa. They can easily split time up there like Montero and Romine did a couple years back.

Thread Information