+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

April 2012 Minor League Thread

Opening Day for all the teams is on the 5th

Josh Norris@jnorris427 I really hope it comes through on the video, but Jose Ramirez looked just amazing today. Made some good hitters look bad.

I asked him if it was in short stints & he said it was over 5 innings. Also said that Campos was topping out at 93 today.

Josh Norris ‏ @jnorris427
    Both Ramirez vs. Sanchez at-bats were excellent. First one, Sanchez rifled a double down the third-base line like it was was nothing.

Second AB, Ramirez blows smoke by him twice, the second 96 at the letters, then makes him look silly on change-up down in the zone. Dirty.

Mentioned to a Yankees official how much I liked Gumbs' swing, especially its speed and flat path. His response: "It's Sheffield-like."

Re: April 2012 Minor League Thread

Yankees signed RHP Jason Bulger to a minor league contract.

Bulger was cut loose by the Twins last week after allowing 10 earned runs in four innings this spring. He'll provide depth at Triple-A.

Apr 1 - 2:43 PM

Makes you wonder if one of Warren/Phelps/Mitchell will make the team as a temporary long reliever.

Ben Badler@BenBadler Outside of his (enormous) family, I'm probably his biggest fan. Frontline potential RT @jaredgoebel thoughts on jose campos?

Also very impressive was this kid Andury Acevedo, a converted SS they signed after Pittsburgh released him. He was throwing 95 with a filthy slider. Josh norris posted some video of him too at the Trenton webiste

NYYF MVP

Peter Gammons ‏ @pgammo
    NL scout:"Before you pass judgement on Pineda, Jose Campos was the best young pitcher I saw all winter--easy 100

Montgomery
    1IP 2H 2ER 1BB 2K

NYYF MVP

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...medium=twitter

"The first inning, I was a little bit nervous," Campos said through a translator. "But I was able to handle it and keep pitching and keep going pitch after pitch."

"The changeup and curveball were pretty good today," Campos said. "I was changing speeds for the batters and throwing strikes."

"I wasn't thinking [about the hit], about a perfect game or anything," Campos said. "I was just going pitch by pitch."

"I see a bright future for this team," Campos said of his highly touted teammates.
    "I want to continue working on the changeup and curveball. Work hard on every pitch, every day. Give a good effort every day. And, hopefully, I can get promoted," he said.
    "I didn't know at the time because the only thing in the news was that Pineda and Montero had been traded," Campos said. "But one of my cousins told me that I was traded. I didn't believe it. I got online and started searching for it. I found out it was true and felt really happy. My family was happy, too."

Mason Williams is starting off hot this year. First AB a triple. Then he gets two doubles his next game. Has yet to walk or even strikeout though. Sanchez went 2-3. I'd like to hope Williams can get to Tampa with him around the same time but I doubt it unless he really torches Charleston with its offense reducing ways.

Pirela 2-3, 3B
    Zoinks (Z Almonte) 2-3, HR
    Mesa 1-3, HR

Marshall
    5IP 2H 2ER 3BB 1K

Tim Hudson is facing the Dogs tonight.

Jose Ramirez
    4IP 4H 1ER 6K

This has to be an error, but Pitches to Strikes 28-28. They have the opposing pitcher at 19-19.

Bryan Mitchell
    4IP 1H 5K

Mitchell finished 6IP 1H 1BB 6Ks 0R... good debut. Mason 1-4 and Bichette 2-4, Sanchez 0-4

Scranton combined to 1-hit the Syracuse Chiefs

Mitchell
    5IP 1H 1BB 4K

Talked to Connor Mullee on Twitter....said he should see game action in about a month.

That's a long outing for Whitley

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    That's a long outing for Whitley
    Seriously. He has one career minor league start. Is he being converted to a starter? Lord knows the other 5 aren't doing their. I have to say this AAA squad is the least interesting crew I have seen in over 5 years. Laird is the only hitter that's not a former ML or AAAA guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Seriously. He has one career minor league start. Is he being converted to a starter? Lord knows the other 5 aren't doing their. I have to say this AAA squad is the least interesting crew I have seen in over 5 years. Laird is the only hitter that's not a former ML or AAAA guy.
    Don't know, but he only threw 38 pitches in those four innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Laird is the only hitter that's not a former ML or AAAA guy.
    I think he is deff a AAAA guy, but I guess he's too young for me to say that definitively.

Austin double, M.Williams triple, Bichette, 1-1, BB, RBI, Gamel 2 RBI......only thru the 2nd.

Of course Scottie Allen is pitching, so all of these runs will be completely necessary.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Bryan Mitchell walked everyone in sight.

Tyler Austin is just smashing everything so far, 8 hits this young season and 7 for XBH
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

Culver had 3 hits. Hopefully the start of something.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Culver had 3 hits. Hopefully the start of something.
    It won't be. He will never amount to anything useful.

He was solely a pick based on the fact he was willing to sign with the team for slot.

OK.

On a positive note, Austin was 4-4 w/2 2B's. He was 0-4 in the first game and is 12-24 since, 9 XBH's.

Thread Information