+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Not if but when ... PUJOLS hits his 1st HR at Yankee Stadium!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Just wondering . . why are you so obsessed over this stuff?? There are people really struggling out there and we're talking about spending $1,000+ for a baseball . . .
    My network's buddy is a Pujols' fanatic and it would be a cool item for him to have in person, since he is going to be at the game with the group!

So it is like a little surprise gift and we know it would make it even more special for the "once in a lifetime" collectible!

Everyone has priority - baseball is my life and I have enough of friends who believe the same thing!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    When seeing the baseball game itself stops being enough entertainment for me, I'll just stop going.

Never did I said that the Yankees games stop being entertain, I just want something different views of the games!

Like you stated before, you have never get a baseball from all the games you attend, maybe you should try to get one and then you will know what I am talking about!

It is all about being part of the game you love! How often can someone say that?
    Last edited by yankeesfanatic; 03-28-12 at 06:35 PM.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic Yesterday 01:38 PM View Post
    After missing 4 games for the last 6 seasons - seeing the game itself getting boring!

I want to be part of the game - need something else to do at the stadium!
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic Today 09:58 AM View Post
    Never did I said that the Yankees games stop being entertain, I just want something different views of the games!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    After missing 4 games for the last 6 seasons - seeing the game itself getting boring!

I want to be part of the game - need something else to do at the stadium!
    Just run on the field and blindside Youkilis with a shiv. I'll get the guy who catches Pujols' first HR at the Stadium to pay your bail.

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Like you stated before, you have never get a baseball from all the games you attend, maybe you should try to get one and then you will know what I am talking about!

It is all about being part of the game you love! How often can someone say that?
    I'm sorry, but catching a foul ball or a HR ball doesn't make you a part of the game. You still paid to get in. You're still not allowed on the field. You're not a part of the game, you're a spectator.

I have caught about 4 foul balls at Angel stadium in my life. I'm pretty sure I gave them away to kids sitting next to me. It made them happier to get it than I ever would be over a foul ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Just run on the field and blindside Youkilis with a shiv. I'll get the guy who catches Pujols' first HR at the Stadium to pay your bail.

And get on the stadium's ban list? Thanks but no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    I'm sorry, but catching a foul ball or a HR ball doesn't make you a part of the game. You still paid to get in. You're still not allowed on the field. You're not a part of the game, you're a spectator.

I have caught about 4 foul balls at Angel stadium in my life. I'm pretty sure I gave them away to kids sitting next to me. It made them happier to get it than I ever would be over a foul ball.

I couldnt care less for foul baseball - that would mean I have to put myself in danger!

Homerun baseball or nothing at all!

Living out my childhood by shagging for HR baseballs during batting practice - those I would give away to parents with toddler(s). I am NOT giving them to kids since they are old enough to know that stuff just being handed to them and they feel entitle to it! When I gave the baseballs to the toddler - the parents would be more appreciative than the kid's parents!

Seeing as the Yankees open on the road, Albert should already have a HISTORIC home run as an ANGEL by time he hits the Bronx.

But I am sure there will be a huge market for his second career home run in the Bronx, the first at a Stadium celebrating it's HISTORIC 4th season in 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    Seeing as the Yankees open on the road, Albert should already have a HISTORIC home run as an ANGEL by time he hits the Bronx.

But I am sure there will be a huge market for his second career home run in the Bronx, the first at a Stadium celebrating it's HISTORIC 4th season in 2012!

I hope he would get AMERICAN LEAGUE's stage fright or over-swing with the at bat!

I just want it get done at Yankee stadium - this way, I have a chance to return a LIFETIME'S FAVOR to my friend. If not, I wont hear the end of it!

I couldnt care less for foul baseball - that would mean I have to put myself in danger!

Homerun baseball or nothing at all!

Living out my childhood by shagging for HR baseballs during batting practice - those I would give away to parents with toddler(s). I am NOT giving them to kids since they are old enough to know that stuff just being handed to them and they feel entitle to it! When I gave the baseballs to the toddler - the parents would be more appreciative than the kid's parents!
    It is a well known fact foul balls are much more dangerous then home run balls. My question: what if someone catches a ball Sterling calls foul, then a home run, but then realizes it was caught by the left fielder and flipped into the stands for a souvenir? Can MLB authenticate that? It has only happened 4,567 times in Yankee history.

It is a well known fact foul balls are much more dangerous then home run balls. My question: what if someone catches a ball Sterling calls foul, then a home run, but then realizes it was caught by the left fielder and flipped into the stands for a souvenir? Can MLB authenticate that? It has only happened 4,567 times in Yankee history.

That is what you get for LISTENING to the radio!

If you were watching the game on TV or live in person, you would have seen that it is NOT a HR!

On a serious note, it must have been conflict of interest for the Yankees NOT to have MLB authenticator in the dugout! They do have contract with Steinersports and its own certification process and so forth!

I caught a T shirt the last game I went to. I gave it to a kid a few rows in front of me. A ball means nothing. I would not waste my energy unless I knew it was a meal ticket ball like Jeter's 3K ball or something.
    Please sign David Robertson and Chase Headley.

Well done. This post changed my response because I was going to do it.
    Please sign David Robertson and Chase Headley.

It is a well known fact foul balls are much more dangerous then home run balls.
    Foul balls aren't as dangerous in the new Stadium. In the old place, when there was so little foul territory down the lines, I used to call the stands just past first and third base "The Seats of Death" because of the line drives that went shooting in there. It was especially bad when Sheffield (feh!) was on the team. The seats along the third-base line were an abattoir then.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

It was especially bad when Sheffield (feh!) was on the team. The seats along the third-base line were an abattoir then.
    Sheff really stood out when it came to firing screaming fouls into that area.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Foul balls aren't as dangerous in the new Stadium. In the old place, when there was so little foul territory down the lines, I used to call the stands just past first and third base "The Seats of Death" because of the line drives that went shooting in there. It was especially bad when Sheffield (feh!) was on the team. The seats along the third-base line were an abattoir then.
    One time I was sitting down there for a game and a screaming liner came kind of close (not close enough that I was in any danger). Anyway, the ball nailed the waitress right in her hip. Luckily, it hit the machine that she uses to take orders and shattered it. She seemed to be ok. I'm sure she had a nice bruise there but she is lucky the ball hit the machine or it could have broke a bone or something!
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Sheff really stood out when it came to firing screaming fouls into that area.

I do have a couple friends who got season tickets for third base line - after seeing bloods and bones-breaking-the-skin, they quickly request a change in seat location FOR THE SEASON!

It is not a pretty sight - sad if anything!

The worst incident - broken bat flied into the stand (near dugout seats), that was some thing to see!

Hands always on my head and ALWAYS watching the game with the batter (with his back against me) going up to bat! I can duck quicker with the flying bat than a foul ball from the batter (facing me).

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    I've never understood throwing back an opponent's home run. I might not be happy to see them hit a home run, but I'd still want that souvenir. Don't really see what's accomplished by tossing it back.
    Totally agree. Also don't feel like ripping off the Cubs.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

I guess PUJOLS did have AL stage-fright after all. Chances are, the bounty will not be collected when the weekend show down is done with.

Oh well!

Addicted Member

Do you guys think there are going to be authentication experts at the stadium to make the ball official for whoever catches it if they plan on selling it.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Operation 28

Addicted Member

It would be ironic if a hardcore yanks fan throws it back on the field.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Operation 28

Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    Do you guys think there are going to be authentication experts at the stadium to make the ball official for whoever catches it if they plan on selling it.
    The Yankees do not use MLB authenticators at the stadium with the exception of milestones game for the Yankees players only. They couldnt care less about the opponents' players.

If anything, hi-res video is the best way to go if someone plans to sell it.

There will be plenty of collectors going to try to purchase the baseball and so forth! Unless I am there in the same section, I will try to run at it!

NYYF Cy Young

I guess PUJOLS did have AL stage-fright after all. Chances are, the bounty will not be collected when the weekend show down is done with.

Oh well!
    Or not.

I will be in Sec 205 tomorrow . . prime territory!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Or not.

I will be in Sec 205 tomorrow . . prime territory!

We (a group of 8) will be divided in 103 and 104. A couple of friends are also in 205 - row 5 with their gloves ready.

Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    It would be ironic if a hardcore yanks fan throws it back on the field.

If he/she is not part of this forum, then I guess they are throwing away free $.

Thread Information