+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Eduardo Nunez Performance Thread

Thank God!!

NYYF Legend

Any word yet on the corresponding roster move?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    Any word yet on the corresponding roster move?
    Chavez activated off 7-day concussion DL.

Starting tonight at DH.
    You know they are not real pies, right?

"I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

Nix will back-up at SS and 2b.

Girardi on the move. "Maybe we are just asking to much of this kid at this point in his career".

"I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoux101 View Post
    Chavez activated off 7-day concussion DL.

Starting tonight at DH.
    Good to hear.

I feel badly for the kid. He can definitely hit, but his defense has been so bad that there was no other alternative. I just hope this doesn't mess up his psyche so badly that he never makes it back to the bigs.

NYYF Legend

I am surprised by this move as with Gardner out, he was one of the few players on the Yankees who could create a run with the SB. True his glove was abysmal, but I thought his bat/legs are at least better than anything that Nix has to offer.

NYYF Cy Young

Interesting that Lohud didn't report it, but I saw it first here and heard it on the Michael Kay show. Lohud used to be a good source of early news.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I am surprised by this move as with Gardner out, he was one of the few players on the Yankees who could create a run with the SB. True his glove was abysmal, but I thought his bat/legs are at least better than anything that Nix has to offer.
    They had to get him out of the crosshairs of the media and fanbase.

Completely support this move. Felt like the Yankees current utilization of him was Knoblauching him a bit. Hopefully he can focus on SS and 2B defense in SWB to at least the point where he makes the routine plays, and then his skills can be of some value as a utility IF.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Completely support this move. Felt like the Yankees current utilization of him was Knoblauching him a bit. Hopefully he can focus on SS and 2B defense in SWB to at least the point where he makes the routine plays, and then his skills can be of some value as a utility IF.
    Or trade piece.

NYYF Legend

So who backs up SS & 2B right now?

Nix and Chaves are both more corner guys right? I guess it would be Nix by default.

edit - looks liek Nix "natural position" was 2B but he hasn't played there much in a while. And he does have 17 games at SS in MLB. If he does play 3B his career .929 F% there may have us longing for Eduardo Scissorhand before long.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Russo should replace Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Yankee fans aren't in the mood to give him a break. Until he solves his fielding yipes, they're going to remain hard on him. The Yankee fanbase isn't a nuturing fanbase, they want and expect instant success.
    given how many folks continue to bang out things like "the kid can rake" or "he's definitely got a live bat", with little unbiased evidence of him ever projecting to more than an average middle IF bat at absolute best, I'm not really buying this idea that people have been too hard on Nunez.

I don't wish the guy badly and I feel bad for him, somewhat, but he's not remotely an elite enough talent that anyone is in the wrong for no longer tolerating the level of incompetancy he's shown at every single position he's tried to play.

NYYF Legend

Going down to AAA to learn how to field? Is it a mechanical, or nuts and bolts issue, or is it a mental block? He can field well enough in the minors, where it's assumed he has already, otherwise he wouldn't have made it to the bigs..and then come back to the Yankees and revert to Mr. Scissorhands again. I agree with not moving him around all over the infield and outfield though.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

not quite as ghastly as he has been at the major league level, but he's always been a horrible fielder, even when playing one position consistently in the minors before.

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Going down to AAA to learn how to field? Is it a mechanical, or nuts and bolts issue, or is it a mental block? He can field well enough in the minors, where it's assumed he has already, otherwise he wouldn't have made it to the bigs..and then come back to the Yankees and revert to Mr. Scissorhands again. I agree with not moving him around all over the infield and outfield though.
    He's always been a butcher in the field, even in the minors.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

I guess I wasn't expecting that this kid would be getting so much Hate after we had just won a game. But, don't worry something tells me he'll be part of a trade package at some point. And then he will get better almost over night when we do like some of the players that have been traded from us, then we will want him. I can just see him playing for another team right now and getting a game winning hit.

I just think you guys are giving him way to hard a time. But, I'm the same guy who liked Shelley Duncan, so what the hell do I know?

Don't worry he'll be traded at the deadline anyway probably.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

It's not really to learn how to field as much as it is to simply it for him.

The guy is not going to be a elite defender by any means ever but he may be passable if he focuses on SS and 2b. Anything more is just going to be too much for the near future.

He is not a utility type player and it's not easy to do either. What this move really means is that the Yankees realize it just won't work with him, unfortunately. He just can't fill that role. They will let him focus on a position which will help him look passable defensively, get his value up and most likely use him as part of a trade.

He will have a ton of value and the Yankees will sell this guy as a shortstop with above average offense and "potential".

I don't think badly of Nunez at all and think he could still make some little contributions for the Yanks in the short term, possibly. But, if the Yankees are smart they blame themselves for putting to much on this guy (which is completely easy to sell) and use him to get something they want.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan View Post
    It's kind of amazing that the kid is getting so much Hate. He committed a few errors, but guess what? ............. Did we or Did we not win the game? Last time I checked we did win the game. And to me people are acting like he just cost us a World Series. He didn't cost us a game much less a World Series. But, don't worry something tells me he'll be part of a trade package at some point. And then he will get better almost over night when we do like some of the players that have been traded from us, then we will want him. I can just see him playing for another team right now and getting a game winning hit.

I just think you guys are giving him way to hard a time. But, I'm the same guy who liked Shelley Duncan, so what the hell do I know?

Don't worry he'll be traded at the deadline anyway probably.
    I hear you. I'd hope hate is just a strong over dramatic word for the situation, though.

I'd say it's a ton of frustration, really. The guy looks like he could be a great player but has lost games for the Yankees and changed the game in the first inning several times already this year. Sure, they didn't lose the game this time but you can make a strong case he has put the Yankees in a bad position and lost them the game several times this year. He has honestly booted sure outs in the first inning in at least four games that cost the Yankees runs.

You just can't do that. He could honestly be the difference in this division. Especially, if you let him keep doing this to your team.

I'm sorry I am just overly patient with players. Especially young players, and I guess I don't want to lose him. It wouldn't be the first time some player left the team and became some very good player almost over night. I am a real fan of keeping our team as young as possible so any player that has potential should be on the team. He's proven he had potential. Let me remind you this is the same guy who took over A-rod at Third when he got injured a couple years back and played quite well in that position.

So he proved he has potential, it just might take a bit for him to get that Potential back. I just don't wanna lose him is all.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

NYYF Cy Young

The only reason that Nunez got any playing time at all is because Joe G is so worried about his big payroll guys breaking-- Jeter and Arod are old! There has to be somebody better for this role.
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoux101 View Post
    It's not really to learn how to field as much as it is to simply it for him.

The guy is not going to be a elite defender by any means ever but he may be passable if he focuses on SS and 2b. Anything more is just going to be too much for the near future.

He is not a utility type player and it's not easy to do either. What this move really means is that the Yankees realize it just won't work with him, unfortunately. He just can't fill that role. They will let him focus on a position which will help him look passable defensively, get his value up and most likely use him as part of a trade.

He will have a ton of value and the Yankees will sell this guy as a shortstop with above average offense and "potential".

I don't think badly of Nunez at all and think he could still make some little contributions for the Yanks in the short term, possibly. But, if the Yankees are smart they blame themselves for putting to much on this guy (which is completely easy to sell) and use him to get something they want.
    You have more confidence than I do that they make a good trade.

I just don't understand his real value. The platitudes of, "He has pop," or, "He can hit," are not supported by the facts, really. And we all know about his defense. What's the value? Get a real defensive utility infielder and be done with it. Why does he get such special consideration?

This isn't hate. I wish him the best. But he's not good and doesn't really project to be good. So what's up?

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChief View Post
    I just don't understand his real value. The platitudes of, "He has pop," or, "He can hit," are not supported by the facts, really. And we all know about his defense. What's the value? Get a real defensive utility infielder and be done with it. Why does he get such special consideration?

This isn't hate. I wish him the best. But he's not good and doesn't really project to be good. So what's up?

Okay, you want the honest truth? I really like this infielder because he's the only really young infielder we have right now. Who I think will help us if we're patient with him. You want facts? He was the same guy who played Third base for A-rod while he was out in 2010, and did a pretty amazing job at it. Find me another 22 year old that we can use for this team. Once the other people come up, that's different. But, for right now this is the only really young guy we have. This guy proved he had potential when he filled in for A-rod. He'll prove he has potential again. Why do I feel like I'm the only real person who sees he has potential?

Thread Information