+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: ScoreBig.com

  1. #1

    ScoreBig.com

    FYI - Google Offers has a deal for ScoreBig.com - 4 days left to buiy as of this posting.
    For $10 you get $40 credit at the site

    Admins: Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this but I do recall a thread awhile back when ScoreBig went live.

  2. #2
    Member
    useref15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    good deal, thanks! Just bought it. I wish you could buy more then one!

  3. #3
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    I always get squeamish buying "credit" for auction sites. Perhaps they just raise the price they'll accept for your bid by $40? Since you don't know what others are really paying, it's hard to get excited about a purchase credit from this site. If you could get your successful bid and THEN apply this $40 credit code, I'd be all over that.

  4. #4

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I always get squeamish buying "credit" for auction sites. Perhaps they just raise the price they'll accept for your bid by $40? Since you don't know what others are really paying, it's hard to get excited about a purchase credit from this site. If you could get your successful bid and THEN apply this $40 credit code, I'd be all over that.
    That's the case, once your bid has been accepted-during checkout you would apply the credit. The one restriction is u would need to use the $40 in one transaction

  5. #5
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by DoNotDisturb View Post
    That's the case, once your bid has been accepted-during checkout you would apply the credit. The one restriction is u would need to use the $40 in one transaction
    Right, but prior to making your bid they know you have a pending $40 credit and I'm sure that goes into what they'll accept or decline.

  6. #6

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
    good deal, thanks! Just bought it. I wish you could buy more then one!
    Just ask a friend to buy it, don't know if they match the buyer to the code. I would doubt that they would. Not like I 'know' but just thinking out loud since you did inquire.

  7. #7

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Right, but prior to making your bid they know you have a pending $40 credit and I'm sure that goes into what they'll accept or decline.
    No, there is a box during checkout where you either put in (or not) any promotional code or referral credits. The seller could care less where the $ is coming from, they want to sell tickets. How 'sure' are you that they know if you have any credits? Do you think they care? The event is going on and any money they can get is better than an empty seat. There are quite a few events where you can get tixs for 50% (ex Nets)

    I've bought a few times from the site, have you?

  8. #8
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by DoNotDisturb View Post
    No, there is a box during checkout where you either put in (or not) any promotional code or referral credits. The seller could care less where the $ is coming from, they want to sell tickets. How 'sure' are you that they know if you have any credits? Do you think they care? The event is going on and any money they can get is better than an empty seat. There are quite a few events where you can get tixs for 50% (ex Nets)

    I've bought a few times from the site, have you?
    Yes, I've bought from them several times in fact. But I've never sold with them so admittedly that may be a bit of a disconnect. I'm not dogging what they have to offer, just skeptical that "buying" a discount actually gets you much in a blind bid.

    Have you sold with them before? How does that work? Do you give them the face value and the price you're willing to settle for? Are there timing-based parameters or anything like that?

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Thanks for this, I just bought the $40 cert. Good deal

    is there also a referral credit I can get if I sign up?

  10. #10

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Thanks for this, I just bought the $40 cert. Good deal

    is there also a referral credit I can get if I sign up?

    Scorebig referral code to sign up
    http://www.scorebig.com/Referral/mar...ag=raf.def.lnk

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by balraven View Post
    Cool thanks, is there a signup bonus?

  12. #12

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    I used the $10 for $40 offer to get five 1-star seats May 10 vs Tampa Bay. They accepted my bid of $8 each and I got section 430 row 8. Thank you to the OP for pointing this deal out! I found another site with the same deal. As a disclaimer, I have not used them before. But after a quick google search, it looks like scorebig.com distributes this offer periodically though multiple sites. Here is the link:

    http://www.getmyperks.com/publishers...c-c2b2b14a0c83

  13. #13
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Amazon local now has a deal for $7, get $30 on scorebig.

    https://local.amazon.com/westchester-county/B007W6G946

  14. #14
    NYYF Cy Young

    StingrayJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shelton, CT

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Sorry for the mega-bump but in case anyone is interested, just noticed that Half Off Depot is offering $30 in ScoreBig credit for $10

    http://www.halfoffdepot.com/new-york...7-scorebig-com

    I used them a couple years ago to get the $100 NYY Steak gift certificate for $50 that several here took advantage of and it was legit and we enjoyed using it. Just figured I'd throw the info out there for you all...
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

  15. #15
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Sorry for the mega-bump but in case anyone is interested, just noticed that Half Off Depot is offering $30 in ScoreBig credit for $10

    http://www.halfoffdepot.com/new-york...7-scorebig-com

    I used them a couple years ago to get the $100 NYY Steak gift certificate for $50 that several here took advantage of and it was legit and we enjoyed using it. Just figured I'd throw the info out there for you all...
    Scorebig took a long time to start listing yankee games, but they went active about a week ago. I checked and there are no good, let alone great deals to be had. SB gets most of its inventory directly from the teams so it looks like the Yankees aren't dumping there (yet) this year. We'll have to see as Lonn Trost & Randy Levine get more desperate

  16. #16
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manny Land, Manhattan

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Scorebig took a long time to start listing yankee games, but they went active about a week ago. I checked and there are no good, let alone great deals to be had. SB gets most of its inventory directly from the teams so it looks like the Yankees aren't dumping there (yet) this year. We'll have to see as Lonn Trost & Randy Levine get more desperate
    The Yankees put some games up on Goldstar yesterday so I assume ScoreBig will fill out soon.

  17. #17
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bergen County

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Sorry for the mega-bump but in case anyone is interested, just noticed that Half Off Depot is offering $30 in ScoreBig credit for $10

    http://www.halfoffdepot.com/new-york...7-scorebig-com

    I used them a couple years ago to get the $100 NYY Steak gift certificate for $50 that several here took advantage of and it was legit and we enjoyed using it. Just figured I'd throw the info out there for you all...
    I don't think these small ScoreBig coupons are worthwhile. SB is always having a promotion and you cannot combine the offers. Just do a search on Scorebig coupon.

  18. #18
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    In past experiences have people been happy with the seat selection they received when using ScoreBig?

    I am thinking about using Scorebig to bid on some Yankee or Devils tix.

  19. #19

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by yankswun96 View Post
    In past experiences have people been happy with the seat selection they received when using ScoreBig?

    I am thinking about using Scorebig to bid on some Yankee or Devils tix.
    I've been very happy using them for Devils and even happier using them for Islanders tickets.

  20. #20

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    $30 for $7 available on amazon. http://local.amazon.com/queens

  21. #21
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: ScoreBig.com

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    $30 for $7 available on amazon. http://local.amazon.com/queens
    I bought that one several weeks ago. What sucks is you can't combine your voucher with any other offers. Also, there are no great deals yet available on Yankee tickets

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts