+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ScoreBig.com

ScoreBig.com

FYI - Google Offers has a deal for ScoreBig.com - 4 days left to buiy as of this posting.
    For $10 you get $40 credit at the site

Admins: Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this but I do recall a thread awhile back when ScoreBig went live.

Re: ScoreBig.com

good deal, thanks! Just bought it. I wish you could buy more then one!

I always get squeamish buying "credit" for auction sites. Perhaps they just raise the price they'll accept for your bid by $40? Since you don't know what others are really paying, it's hard to get excited about a purchase credit from this site. If you could get your successful bid and THEN apply this $40 credit code, I'd be all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I always get squeamish buying "credit" for auction sites. Perhaps they just raise the price they'll accept for your bid by $40? Since you don't know what others are really paying, it's hard to get excited about a purchase credit from this site. If you could get your successful bid and THEN apply this $40 credit code, I'd be all over that.
    That's the case, once your bid has been accepted-during checkout you would apply the credit. The one restriction is u would need to use the $40 in one transaction

Quote Originally Posted by DoNotDisturb View Post
    That's the case, once your bid has been accepted-during checkout you would apply the credit. The one restriction is u would need to use the $40 in one transaction
    Right, but prior to making your bid they know you have a pending $40 credit and I'm sure that goes into what they'll accept or decline.

Quote Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
    good deal, thanks! Just bought it. I wish you could buy more then one!
    Just ask a friend to buy it, don't know if they match the buyer to the code. I would doubt that they would. Not like I 'know' but just thinking out loud since you did inquire.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Right, but prior to making your bid they know you have a pending $40 credit and I'm sure that goes into what they'll accept or decline.
    No, there is a box during checkout where you either put in (or not) any promotional code or referral credits. The seller could care less where the $ is coming from, they want to sell tickets. How 'sure' are you that they know if you have any credits? Do you think they care? The event is going on and any money they can get is better than an empty seat. There are quite a few events where you can get tixs for 50% (ex Nets)

I've bought a few times from the site, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by DoNotDisturb View Post
    No, there is a box during checkout where you either put in (or not) any promotional code or referral credits. The seller could care less where the $ is coming from, they want to sell tickets. How 'sure' are you that they know if you have any credits? Do you think they care? The event is going on and any money they can get is better than an empty seat. There are quite a few events where you can get tixs for 50% (ex Nets)

I've bought a few times from the site, have you?
    Yes, I've bought from them several times in fact. But I've never sold with them so admittedly that may be a bit of a disconnect. I'm not dogging what they have to offer, just skeptical that "buying" a discount actually gets you much in a blind bid.

Have you sold with them before? How does that work? Do you give them the face value and the price you're willing to settle for? Are there timing-based parameters or anything like that?

NYYF Legend

Thanks for this, I just bought the $40 cert. Good deal

is there also a referral credit I can get if I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Thanks for this, I just bought the $40 cert. Good deal

is there also a referral credit I can get if I sign up?

Scorebig referral code to sign up
    http://www.scorebig.com/Referral/mar...ag=raf.def.lnk

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by balraven View Post
    Cool thanks, is there a signup bonus?

I used the $10 for $40 offer to get five 1-star seats May 10 vs Tampa Bay. They accepted my bid of $8 each and I got section 430 row 8. Thank you to the OP for pointing this deal out! I found another site with the same deal. As a disclaimer, I have not used them before. But after a quick google search, it looks like scorebig.com distributes this offer periodically though multiple sites. Here is the link:

http://www.getmyperks.com/publishers...c-c2b2b14a0c83

NYYF Cy Young

Amazon local now has a deal for $7, get $30 on scorebig.

https://local.amazon.com/westchester-county/B007W6G946

NYYF Cy Young

Sorry for the mega-bump but in case anyone is interested, just noticed that Half Off Depot is offering $30 in ScoreBig credit for $10

http://www.halfoffdepot.com/new-york...7-scorebig-com

I used them a couple years ago to get the $100 NYY Steak gift certificate for $50 that several here took advantage of and it was legit and we enjoyed using it. Just figured I'd throw the info out there for you all...
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Sorry for the mega-bump but in case anyone is interested, just noticed that Half Off Depot is offering $30 in ScoreBig credit for $10

I used them a couple years ago to get the $100 NYY Steak gift certificate for $50 that several here took advantage of and it was legit and we enjoyed using it. Just figured I'd throw the info out there for you all...
    Scorebig took a long time to start listing yankee games, but they went active about a week ago. I checked and there are no good, let alone great deals to be had. SB gets most of its inventory directly from the teams so it looks like the Yankees aren't dumping there (yet) this year. We'll have to see as Lonn Trost & Randy Levine get more desperate

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Scorebig took a long time to start listing yankee games, but they went active about a week ago. I checked and there are no good, let alone great deals to be had. SB gets most of its inventory directly from the teams so it looks like the Yankees aren't dumping there (yet) this year. We'll have to see as Lonn Trost & Randy Levine get more desperate
    The Yankees put some games up on Goldstar yesterday so I assume ScoreBig will fill out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post

I don't think these small ScoreBig coupons are worthwhile. SB is always having a promotion and you cannot combine the offers. Just do a search on Scorebig coupon.

Forum Regular

In past experiences have people been happy with the seat selection they received when using ScoreBig?

I am thinking about using Scorebig to bid on some Yankee or Devils tix.

Quote Originally Posted by yankswun96 View Post
    In past experiences have people been happy with the seat selection they received when using ScoreBig?

I am thinking about using Scorebig to bid on some Yankee or Devils tix.
    I've been very happy using them for Devils and even happier using them for Islanders tickets.

$30 for $7 available on amazon. http://local.amazon.com/queens

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    $30 for $7 available on amazon. http://local.amazon.com/queens
    I bought that one several weeks ago. What sucks is you can't combine your voucher with any other offers. Also, there are no great deals yet available on Yankee tickets

Thread Information