+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: Joba.... Dislocated ankle

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    I agree with Joba.
    That he let his team down, so do I then.

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    Joba feels no remorse for what he did. some people just dont get it.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/n...-father-032712
    Remorse for what? He said he felt like he let his team down and seemed apologetic for that. From what I understand of this facility it's not like the trampolines are 10 feet away from each other or something like that. Just a freak injury while father was playing with his son. Can you clarify on what you expected him to say?

I understand he has a responsibility to his team but him being a father comes before him being our entertainment. I hold nothing against Joba for this. At all.

life>baseball
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I understand he has a responsibility to his team but him being a father comes before him being our entertainment. I hold nothing against Joba for this. At all.

life>baseball
    I don't know how being a father means you have to jump from one trampoline to another?

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Remorse for what? He said he felt like he let his team down and seemed apologetic for that. From what I understand of this facility it's not like the trampolines are 10 feet away from each other or something like that. Just a freak injury while father was playing with his son. Can you clarify on what you expected him to say?
    he could have at least have manned up the way Aaron Boone did. Boone immediately admitted what he did, and said that it was wrong, bracing himself for a voided contract. Joba knew what he was doing was wrong, and still did it. pulling the "family card" just sounds like a lousy excuse for his conscious wrongdoing. if he ended his career, how is he helping out his family at all? its not like he can make millions on his fallback career as a doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I don't know how being a father means you have to jump from one trampoline to another?
    I didn't say that. He's having fun with his son. When I'm with my kids I don't sacrifice fun for anything. If they are happy I'm happy.

he could have at least have manned up the way Aaron Boone did. Boone immediately admitted what he did, and said that it was wrong, bracing himself for a voided contract. Joba knew what he was doing was wrong, and still did it. pulling the "family card" just sounds like a lousy excuse for his conscious wrongdoing. if he ended his career, how is he helping out his family at all? its not like he can make millions on his fallback career as a doctor
    It's working as some around here think you can't be a father without placing your body in harms way.

If he was smart he'll be fine with the money he's made. You don't know his financial situation and are not in a position to comment on it unless he makes it public.

I didn't say that. He's having fun with his son. When I'm with my kids I don't sacrifice fun for anything. If they are happy I'm happy.
    Then the Yankees shouldn't be paying him millions of dollars to play baseball.

It's working as some around here think you can't be a father without placing your body in harms way.
    Wow you really don't get it. This is a battle I won't win. Maybe you'll understand one day.

Wow you really don't get it. This is a battle I won't win. Maybe you'll understand one day.
    No, you're the one that doesn't get it. He can have fun with his kid without placing his body in jeopardy. If not then get another occupation. By the way, I'm going to retire next year so don't pull "I might understand one day card".

Okay, you're right. I said what I felt. I'm not having this battle. I'm okay if I'm wrong about my opinion.

However, I'm more interested in fixing the problem then getting angry about it.

Some won't be happy until Joba is publicly flogged in centerfield for his crimes against humanity.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

Okay, you're right. I said what I felt. I'm not having this battle. I'm okay if I'm wrong about my opinion.
    It's an opinion I don't agree with and I'm fine if you don't agree with mine.

NYYF Cy Young

No, you're the one that doesn't get it. He can have fun with his kid without placing his body in jeopardy. If not then get another occupation. By the way, I'm going to retire next year so don't pull "I might understand card" one day.
    Shouldn't that be "I might understand one day" card?

It's an opinion I don't agree with and I'm fine if you don't agree with mine.

I don't know if you saw my edit but I think we should focus more on fixing the problem then getting angry about it. The Yankees have issues and focusing on things we can't control is a waste of time.

I don't know if you saw my edit but I think we should focus more on fixing the problem then getting angry about it. The Yankees have issues and focusing on things we can't control is a waste of time.
    Fix what? The ankle is on the mend? Fix Joba's attitude? I think next season is his last as a Yankee as I don't see them investing in him long-term.

Fix what?
    The hole that the team has. Sorry, I thought it would be a given. Whatever happens to him from here on out is not my concern until he's better and can pitch and if the Yankees will allow it. Until then, I'm more concerned about options for his spot.

The hole that the team has. Sorry, I thought it would be a given. Whatever happens to him from here on out is not my concern until he's better and can pitch and if the Yankees will allow it. Until then, I'm more concerned about options for his spot.
    That hole has been filled since he got hurt last year.

However, I'm more interested in fixing the problem then getting angry about it.
    I also found that just agreeing and moving on is the best move. It's uncomfortable witnessing and getting sucked into all that grumpiness. "Some people" (as he loves to say), seem to spend more time obsessing over other posters and their opinions than talking about the topic on hand.

That hole has been filled since he got hurt last year.
    Wasn't he on the roster before the injury?

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I also found that just agreeing and moving on is the best move. It's uncomfortable witnessing and getting sucked into all that grumpiness. "Some people" (as he loves to say), seems to spend more time obsessing over other posters and their opinions than talking about the topic on hand.
    Well I understand the frustration, I just don't understand getting so angry. Nothing is going to change so we have to move on and roll with the punches. I'm used to a clash of opinions around here. It's just what happens on message boards.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

No, you're the one that doesn't get it. He can have fun with his kid without placing his body in jeopardy. If not then get another occupation. By the way, I'm going to retire next year so don't pull "I might understand one day card".
    So because he's an athlete, he shouldn't do physical things with his kid? Give them a piggy back ride, hold them over his head and spin them around like a helicopter? He's a dad, who got into a freak accident playing with his kid.

Maybe we should protect our athletes in bubble wrap when they are not on the field.

Family first, then job.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Well I understand the frustration, I just don't understand getting so angry. Nothing is going to change so we have to move on and roll with the punches. I'm used to a clash of opinions around here. It's just what happens on message boards.
    If you thought I was getting angry about Joba then I'm sorry. He's the Yankees problem, not mine.

True. Like on any board, I guess it's the approach and attitude that make some of us either likeable or dislikable.

Thread Information