+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Addicted Member

Re: Meredith Marakovits is Kim Jones replacement

Not that it is a bad thing, but she asks really short, quick questions.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot

Addicted Member

Kim did the same thing, must be a female thing, no disrespect at all to any of our ladies i love our women, its just IMO SOME and i stress the SOME females just are not educated enough about the game to act as good announcers/analysts.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Operation 28

Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    Kim did the same thing, must be a female thing, no disrespect at all to any of our ladies i love our women, its just IMO SOME and i stress the SOME females just are not educated enough about the game to act as good announcers/analysts.
    and this is different from men exactly how? there's a staggering number of moronic male broadcasters/analysts/reporters.

the "short questions" are pretty obviously a YES-directive, as regardless of the gender of who is doing the job, they're not supposed to ask anything but softballs in most cases.

Addicted Member

you are 100% correct there is no denying that. There are a lot of male announcers out there i find myself asking how they got to where they are today.

Operation 28

Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Actually, short questions are better journalistically than long questions.

The longer your question, the better the chance you box yourself into a corner and allow the subject an easier answer/an easy way out.

Especially in a post-game session, you want to get them to talk about certain subjects. We don't need 60 minutes post-game; everyone is on deadline, and everyone just needs a comment on the certain subjects.

You'd be shocked at how quickly post-game media access is. I work with hockey, we typically get 15-20 minutes in the locker room before we've finished what we need to, and are going back across the hall for the coach's press conference. From the end of the game to the time we're back in the press room is typically less than 30 minutes.

You can go more in-depth pre-game, and I think they do go more in-depth pre-game. But post-game, the shorter the question, the better.

NYYF Legend

Don't think for a second she got the job without guidelines to follow from above. Short, non controversial questions are a prerequisite. Kim left..she wasn't canned..and I think they liked her, so I could see the YES higher ups telling Meredith, just be like Kim.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Don't think for a second she got the job without guidelines to follow from above. Short, non controversial questions are a prerequisite. Kim left..she wasn't canned..and I think they liked her, so I could see the YES higher ups telling Meredith, just be like Kim.
    I disagree with that. On Opening Day, she second-guessed Girardi multiple times before any other reporters did. Short questions are the way post-game media sessions are done. No one is writing an investigative piece during a post-game press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    I disagree with that. On Opening Day, she second-guessed Girardi multiple times before any other reporters did. Short questions are the way post-game media sessions are done. No one is writing an investigative piece during a post-game press conference.
    Agreed 100% Seth. Reporters not doing a 60 Minutes piece in there.

Long time no chat bro, how are things?
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

Let's remember she's early in her career and hopefully will grow as an interviewer as she gets more experience. Has anybody seen her with Jeter yet?

NYYF Legend

I didn't see the opening day interview, but what do you mean second guessed him? If it was about that controversial BB to load the bases in the 1st for Pena, I'm sure Kim Jones would have asked Girardi about it as well. When you say second guessed it sounds like she told him she thought it was the wrong call. Maybe she expressed an opinion to Lorenz and Curry, but I find it hard to believe she would do that to Girardi directly.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

[/FONT]

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Who wants to hear long, rambling questions from reporters in a post-game interview? We want to hear from the players. As long as her questions are reasonably intelligent and don't all start with "How did you feel when..." then that's all I really ask for.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Note to Meredith:

If you want to ingrain yourself to the Yankee fanbase, please, refer to Rivera as the greatest closer of all-time, not one of the best in the league.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    I didn't see the opening day interview, but what do you mean second guessed him? If it was about that controversial BB to load the bases in the 1st for Pena, I'm sure Kim Jones would have asked Girardi about it as well. When you say second guessed it sounds like she told him she thought it was the wrong call. Maybe she expressed an opinion to Lorenz and Curry, but I find it hard to believe she would do that to Girardi directly.
    She asked two questions, back-to-back, asking for Girardi's reasoning for that and for going to a certain pitcher. Classic 2nd-guess questions.

There's nothing wrong with that, but she's hardly been getting "fed" questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    boom shakalaka

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Note to Meredith:

If you want to ingratiate yourself to the Yankee fanbase, please, refer to Rivera as the greatest closer of all-time, not one of the best in the league.
    like delv, but better

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Note to Meredith:

If you want to ingrain yourself to the Yankee fanbase, please, refer to Rivera as the greatest closer of all-time, not one of the best in the league.
    agreed, rookie mistake though well let it slide.

Operation 28

NYYF Legend

She asked two questions, back-to-back, asking for Girardi's reasoning for that and for going to a certain pitcher. Classic 2nd-guess questions.

There's nothing wrong with that, but she's hardly been getting "fed" questions.
    If she didn't ask for the manager's reasoning behind certain moves that were controversial she would be incompetent. I don't think it's second guessing when you ask "why" questions. Kim did that. I still say she looks and acts like Kim's sister. If she comes off as a bit edgier, that's fine by me.

[/FONT]

NYYF Legend

MM interprets the game very well and I have no complaints at all w/her look.

If anything, I think she can be a little more pronounced in her delivery, though, it's almost too smooth at times.

But so far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by GimeMoMuny View Post
    MM interprets the game very well and I have no complaints at all w/her look.

If anything, I think she can be a little more pronounced in her delivery, though, it's almost too smooth at times.

But so far, so good.
    She was towering over Curry and Lorenz in the post-game. She appears to be a little more confident than I remember Kim, when she started on YES. That's probably due to Meredith having more training and experience with radio/tv while Kim got her feet wet on the print side of the media.

First postgame I watched this year. Seems to do a good job, and she's very easy on the eyes.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees13 View Post
    First postgame I watched this year. Seems to do a good job, and she's very easy on the eyes.
    Yeah, she's good looking and is built like brickhouse.

NYYF Legend

She is very easy on the eyes, and quite tall. I think she played volleyball in college.

[/FONT]

Meredith is much BIGGER in person!

I thought I saw She-hulk walking in from press gate entrance!

It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

How is Melanie doing, any comments?

Thread Information