+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 343
  1. #226

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Andy has some unfinished business. he can start taking care of that tonight .

    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...utm_medium=rss
    “I know one thing: I know the competition and the desire to compete is still there, and I don’t feel like I kind of got that itch out from the 70 innings or so that I threw this year,” Pettitte said.

  2. #227

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    Andy has some unfinished business. he can start taking care of that tonight .

    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...utm_medium=rss
    We all know he wants to return next year

    Let's hope the Hamlet routine doesn't drag on too long

    If they resign Andy do they go after Kuroda as well?

    If so, what to do with Phelps/Phil/Nova?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  3. #228

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    We all know he wants to return next year

    Let's hope the Hamlet routine doesn't drag on too long

    If they resign Andy do they go after Kuroda as well?

    If so, what to do with Phelps/Phil/Nova?
    I don't see much of a logjam unless Pineda is healthy. Having an extra starter couldn't hurt considering the age if some pitchers and the uncertainty of others, either in terms of performance or health. Dangle around the trade deadline.


  4. #229

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    I don't see much of a logjam unless Pineda is healthy. Having an extra starter couldn't hurt considering the age if some pitchers and the uncertainty of others, either in terms of performance or health. Dangle around the trade deadline.

    Yeah, forgot about Pineda. Phelps has proven he can bull pen.

    I guess Nova is the big question mark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  5. #230
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    kuroda will be re-signed, nova will be traded, imo
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  6. #231
    The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hampton Beach, NH

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    kuroda will be re-signed, nova will be traded, imo
    Nova's not going anywhere - there's no upside to trading him unless Cashman gets a crazy offer for him and that's highly unlikely.
    My guess is Hughes will be traded now that he's re-established some value.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  7. #232
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Nova's not going anywhere - there's no upside to trading him unless Cashman gets a crazy offer for him and that's highly unlikely.
    My guess is Hughes will be traded now that he's re-established some value.
    we're gonna need an OFer after letting both ichiro and swisher walk, and seeing as how we may (potentially) have an excess of SP, i can see one of them being shipped out for a young cost-controlled OFer

    hughes is not cheap anymore and will be a free agent after 2014, i believe... also, his ceiling is now that of a #3, so he won't bring much back in a trade... plus, cashman loves him
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  8. #233
    The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hampton Beach, NH

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    we're gonna need an OFer after letting both ichiro and swisher walk, and seeing as how we may (potentially) have an excess of SP, i can see one of them being shipped out for a young cost-controlled OFer

    hughes is not cheap anymore and will be a free agent after 2014, i believe... also, his ceiling is now that of a #3, so he won't bring much back in a trade... plus, cashman loves him
    I don't disagree that one of the starters will be dealt to fill a void in the OF - I just don't think Nova has enough value at this point to land such a player.

    Since Hughes is looking at free agency after 2014, and that $189 million payroll is looming, I'm inclined to believe that Hughes will be the one they'll be shopping this winter.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  9. #234
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Great pitching performance by Andy. Deserved a win.

  10. #235
    The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hampton Beach, NH

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NYIndian2005 View Post
    Great pitching performance by Andy. Deserved a win.
    Absolutely - a wasted performance considering how anemic this lineup has been with RISP.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  11. #236

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NYIndian2005 View Post
    Great pitching performance by Andy. Deserved a win.
    One bad inning, and that after two outs and nobody on.

    A game that he and the team should have won.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  12. #237
    NYYF Legend

    2JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Lexington Ky

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NYIndian2005 View Post
    Great pitching performance by Andy. Deserved a win.
    It's too bad that he had little help from his defense and the bats tonight.

  13. #238

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    It's too bad that he had little help from his defense and the bats tonight.
    iB-I-N-G-O!
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  14. #239
    The Best Ever ! jnewmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Stax 1966

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Goodbye, Andy, nice seeing you again.
    What we can appreciate now is that the Yankees from 1996-2003 were even more extraordinary than we thought.

  15. #240

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Having to listen to him beating himself up on the post game for not "shutting them down" really sucks. F U, offense.

  16. #241
    NYYF Legend

    Eldee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Carolina (Originally NJ)

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    From Girardi's final press conference of the season, earlier today:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...er-joe-girardi
    -- Girardi seemed more confident about the prospect of Andy Pettitte coming back in 2013. “There’s a lot of hunger and fire in him, I know that," Girardi said. "We saw how he pushed himself to get back and to be a postseason and down-the-stretch pitcher for us going out there where he had 65 pitches, which is not normally something you do at this time of the year. I still think the fire is there, but every year as you get a year older, you have to ask yourself and your family, am I ready to give up eight months of my life? That’s something that he’s going to have to ask himself.”

  17. #242
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    I think Andy will make his decision very soon. Waiting until Feb. cost him about $8 million last season.

  18. #243

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    I'd actually prefer if he sat out half a season again. He'll probably stand a better chance of being healthy, his performance will probably be better, he'll join the team when we actually need him, and he'll be cheaper.


  19. #244

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    I'd actually prefer if he sat out half a season again. He'll probably stand a better chance of being healthy, his performance will probably be better, he'll join the team when we actually need him, and he'll be cheaper.
    A lot of variables: Nova, Kuroda

    Maybe have Andy start the year and pencil Pineda in for the 2nd half?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  20. #245

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Joel Sherman@Joelsherman1 Heard from Casey Close that he is now repping Pettitte, who had been repped thru career by Hendricks Bros #Yankees


    Odd choice to make this change now. Wonder if something happened with the Hendricks.

  21. #246

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    prob a jeter hookup
    always reasonable

  22. #247

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    prob a jeter hookup
    Yes but that's only half of the equation. First he had to decide to fire the Hendricks brothers.

    I don't really want to know but I have to imagine there's a lot of hurt and scorched earth between him and Clemens and the Hendricks could well be in the middle of that, or at least a reminder of that.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  23. #248

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Yes but that's only half of the equation. First he had to decide to fire the Hendricks brothers.

    I don't really want to know but I have to imagine there's a lot of hurt and scorched earth between him and Clemens and the Hendricks could well be in the middle of that, or at least a reminder of that.
    The same agent that represented Pettitte left the Hendricks and is now working for the agency headed up by Close and will continue to represent Pettitte.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

  24. #249

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The same agent that represented Pettitte left the Hendricks and is now working for the agency headed up by Close and will continue to represent Pettitte.
    Interesting -- thanks for the info. I had no idea these guys were delegating like that.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  25. #250

    Re: 2012 Andy Pettitte Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Interesting -- thanks for the info. I had no idea these guys were delegating like that.
    Also, Joba jumped ship from the Hendricks agency too because he has the same agent as Pettitte.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts