+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13

Re: Andy Pettitte makes a comeback

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    We expect a full report!

I am obviously basing this on nothing and have no idea what I'm talking about, but it does seem like they're really taking their time with Pettitte. I'd rather throw him out there for the big-league team right now (backed up by Phelps if pitch count is that much of a concern) than watch Freddy Garcia throw even one more pitch.
    Maybe they don't want to put him in a major league game where he may be tempted to do some things before he's physically ready to do so, causing an injury. I think it's a good idea to move slow considering the age and length of the layoff.

We expect a full report!

I am obviously basing this on nothing and have no idea what I'm talking about, but it does seem like they're really taking their time with Pettitte. I'd rather throw him out there for the big-league team right now (backed up by Phelps if pitch count is that much of a concern) than watch Freddy Garcia throw even one more pitch.
    You do realize Pettitte turns 40 in less than two months and with a year away from pitching, they need to get his trunk area in shape just like his arm. We don't need him over exerting himself and pulling groins and such.

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    Jamie Moyer says hello.

I'm hoping that between not getting into the rotation until mid-May and maybe juggling the rotation around to give him an extra day here and there(plus days off), that Andy will hold up just fine. He may not even need it.
    The fact that Jamie was already 9 years old, striking out Little Leaguers when Andy was being born is an eye opener. Pettitte's just a pup.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

We expect a full report!

No reason to rush him IMO. Make sure he's in prime shape before you call him up. Pettitte is a guy who's value is at its highest in the 2nd half/playoffs when the games get more crucial.

I'm with you on Garcia though. The Yanks have other options they should look at. It seems they dont want to stretch Phelps out, but why not give Warren or Mitchell a chance? Warren has had 2 real good starts, 1 bad one. Mitchell's been lights out so far.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Sitting here on a beautiful night watching Andy pitch up close and personal. Doesn't get too much better than this.

Pettitte looked really good through 3. Looked like he was getting tired in the 4th. Lost command and was getting hit pretty hard. Still only gave up one run in the inning.

He has 2 ERs through 4 but it really should be 1. First inning the defense botched an easy grounder that was inexplicably not called an error. Led to a run.

I don't know what his pitch count is but I assume he is coming out for the 5th.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

https://twitter.com/#!/bryanhoch
    81 pitches: 59 strikes/22 balls. That's it for Pettitte, who comes out after allowing a leadoff single to start the 6th. Final line for Pettitte: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K.

Andy's a pro but I'm worried about this comeback, he isn't exactly shutting down minor league hitting.

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MunsonMattingly View Post
    Andy's a pro but I'm worried about this comeback, he isn't exactly shutting down minor league hitting.
    I think working on his pitches and stamina is more of a focus right now than his box score. Sure, it'd be comforting if he was blowing everyone away in the process but I'd love to hear more about how his stuff/command looked than how many H or ER he allowed.

NYYF Legend

Here's video of Andy's post-game press conference from last night:

http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/vide...y_20938769&v=3

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I think working on his pitches and stamina is more of a focus right now than his box score. Sure, it'd be comforting if he was blowing everyone away in the process but I'd love to hear more about how his stuff/command looked than how many H or ER he allowed.
    Exactly. It's ST for him.

NYYF Legend

https://www.facebook.com/YESNet
    Andy Pettitte will remain with the Double-A Trenton Thunder and make his next start on Monday against the Portland Sea Dogs. He is expected to throw 90-100 pitches.

Thread Information