+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Re: Andy Pettitte makes a comeback

Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    odds of everything being peachy enough where Andy isn't "needed" by June aren't really great though -- they never are, for almost any rotation.
    Given the ages of Pettitte and Kuroda, Hughes' track record, and even Pineda's velocity if you want, and I think there's a good chance this sorts itself out
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Our potential rotation/bullpen in June:

CC
    Andy
    Kuroda
    Pineda
    Nova

Hughes
    Joba
    Soriano
    Robertson
    Wade
    Logan
    Garcia (long man)
    Mo

Talk about depth..

NYYF Legend

For those, like me, who were not able to see the game this afternoon and hear the interview with Andy, here's a link to the YES clip:
    http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/vide...y_20199575&v=3

Edited to add: And here's the YES clip with Brian Cashman on the signing:
    http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/vide...y_20198583&v=3

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryankees View Post
    How soon before Posada comes back?
    Martin, Cervelli, Romine, Berra.....he's got some competition.

I gladly welcome Pettitte back...I think he'll be man enough to walk away if it isn't working out later on this season.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

of course no one would believe this, but i called this from the beginning of the winter (my avatar was AP with "i'll be back" for the longest time before i changed it last month to chuckles)
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

my concern isn't whether pettitte can be effective, i know he can pitch

my concern is whether he'll be able to make it past the 5th inning.

NYYF Legend

my concern isn't whether pettitte can be effective, i know he can pitch

my concern is whether he'll be able to make it past the 5th inning.
    You seem like the overly concerned type of poster.

im dissapointed the yankees didn't show johnny damon the same loyality they showed pettitte.

NYYF Triple Crown

im dissapointed the yankees didn't show johnny damon the same loyality they showed pettitte.

Not really similar situations.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Our potential rotation/bullpen in June:

CC
    Andy
    Kuroda
    Pineda
    Nova

Hughes
    Joba
    Soriano
    Robertson
    Wade
    Logan
    Garcia (long man)
    Mo

Talk about depth..
    I think you're putting the cart before the horse. I don't expect Pettitte to be, well, a solid Andy Pettitte. (I assume you just placed Pettitte in the two slot randomly you don't believe he will become the number two pitcher in the rotation)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Like many others have said, I totally had to check the calendar to make sure we weren't bing April Fooled.

I have no idea what we can expect from Andy even if he does make it back to the Big Show. All I know was that when I read the news, I shrieked for joy like a teenaged girl. I love me some Andy Pettitte and this day has me excited even as I know in the back of my mind that he may not contribute anything substantial to the season.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

What exactly is the obsession with Johnny Damon?

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    What exactly is the obsession with Johnny Damon?
    theres nothing wrong with being obssessed with winning players.

how long before the Yankees relize their mistake and release Ibanez? All I've seen this spring from his is a swing slower than my grandma..
    Johnny is still available.. I won't give up on this.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeesfan924 View Post
    Yogi only played in 64 games in his last season. I don't think he can handle a full season of catching in the bigs. Berra was better in his prime, but Martin is fresher. Slate Yogi for 50 games of .280/.360/.480.
    Yes, but Yogi's last real season was 48 years ago, so he has had plenty of rest.

No reason why an 86 y/o catcher can't play more than 50 games

One logistic question - if Yogi makes the opening day roster, does that invalidate his HOF election?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

theres nothing wrong with being obssessed with winning players.
    Define 'winning player'.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Define 'winning player'.
    2 words, johnny damon.

2 words, johnny damon.
    Way to dodge the question.

Don't worry-- I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who noticed and I won't say anything.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF MVP

I thought people would be much happier he's coming back...but I guess being negative is the cool thing to do...

NYYF MVP

What loyalty has Johnny Damon shown to any team? It's all about the buck with him. Every team he goes to its the same old thing..."I always wanted to be a (insert team)."

Would I like Damon instead of Ibanez? Sure, but obviously teams aren't too thrilled with Damon since he's still unsigned.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Could this mean a trade before to long? Something tells me Hughes and or Nova may be on their way out At some point. I am absolutely amazed that Pettitte is back. And by the way does it sound weird to you that the man with the name "Johnny Damon" in his own fricken name isn't even making a case for Damon to be back? I quite frankly don't want Damon back for the Years/Money he probably wants. I mean let's face it if he wanted a 2 year contract or a 1 year contract some team would have picked him up like that. My guess is he still wants a 3 or 4 year contract still. Damon's a decent enough player so that is the way I see it.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Damon's loyalty is to the money. He priced himself out of the all time perfect situation in Boston where he would have been a God for life after 2004.

He gets to the Yankees and, against all odds, becomes a fan favorite and wins a world series with the team. He again prices himself off the club

A THIRD time he finds himself in Tampa, is part of a team that pulls off a miracle run to the wild card, and wants too much $$$ to stay

If he ever made the hall of fame he should put a $ on his hat

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan View Post
    Could this mean a trade before to long? Something tells me Hughes and or Nova may be on their way out At some point. I am absolutely amazed that Pettitte is back. And by the way does it sound weird to you that the man with the name "Johnny Damon" in his own fricken name isn't even making a case for Damon to be back? I quite frankly don't want Damon back for the Years/Money he probably wants. I mean let's face it if he wanted a 2 year contract or a 1 year contract some team would have picked him up like that. My guess is he still wants a 3 or 4 year contract still. Damon's a decent enough player so that is the way I see it.
    damon told the yankees money wasn't an issue and cashman still chose ibanez..

I think you're right-- if Damon would have agreed to Ibanez money he'd be here already.

His numbers against RHP are pretty close to Ibanez'. Damon has a slight edge in OBP but Ibanez has the edge in power.

I'd have been ok with either, although I wish they found someone better than both of them.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

damon told the yankees money wasn't an issue and cashman still chose ibanez..
    I think there might be more to it then that. Damon said that Money wasn't an issue then why the hell did they go with Ibanez instead of Damon? I am not saying you're wrong. But I am saying there is more to it then that. Cause I seriously doubt they would have gone with Ibanez if Damon would have signed for Peanuts. That's kinda ridiculous to me.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

I think there might be more to it then that. Damon said that Money wasn't an issue then why the hell did they go with Ibanez instead of Damon? I am not saying you're wrong. But I am saying there is more to it then that. Cause I seriously doubt they would have gone with Ibanez if Damon would have signed for Peanuts. That's kinda ridiculous to me.
    Damon may be saying that now but it was Boras running the show the rest of the off-season. It was Boras who said Damon was looking for somewhere in the $5M range.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Thread Information