+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: Yankees individual game tickets pre-sale MONDAY MARCH 19

Quote Originally Posted by chuey1997 View Post
    Just got 8 in Section 408 for Opening Day. Yankees Universe Code.
    No GS for partials. Boy, they are really toying with all of us . . .

NYYF Legend

Did anyone get section 405 for Opening day?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85 View Post
    Ended up grabbing 3 pairs. Rest will be stubhub. Probably have to overpay for Opening Day
    There are a bunch of singles available right now in the Grandstand for under $30 total

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    There are a bunch of singles available right now in the Grandstand for under $30 total

Need 2. Even synced my amex to twitter and am willing to spend $200 or so. Still no luck anywhere.

NYYF Legend

Need 2. Even synced my amex to twitter and am willing to spend $200 or so. Still no luck anywhere.
    Gotcha, you should be able to find some. They are releasing the back rows of certain sections in dribs and drabs. And we all know the prices are going to crash right up to 2 hours before game time

NYYF Legend

Gotcha, you should be able to find some. They are releasing the back rows of certain sections in dribs and drabs. And we all know the prices are going to crash right up to 2 hours before game time
    Ended up finding two singles in 232A row 22 6 seats apart. Came out to $125.10, but $75.10 after the sync. Even with a market collapse, finding a pair for that price may be tough. I'm done! Got 4 games I wanted, Stubhub for the rest.

Ended up finding two singles in 232A row 22 6 seats apart. Came out to $125.10, but $75.10 after the sync. Even with a market collapse, finding a pair for that price may be tough. I'm done! Got 4 games I wanted, Stubhub for the rest.
    TONS of Yankees vs. Sox $22 plus Fee seats for October series. No one thinks that will get hot if there is a pennant race? With extra wild card it could be a likely situation.

NYYF Cy Young

My question is - why is the supply so much higher than the demand for Yankees tickets to cause this to happen. Compared to say, Phillies tickets. Is it really all about price, or is it also that more people who buy Phillies tickets actually go to the games leaving a smaller inventory?

While I get "wait to the last minute when people are dumping tickets," if there was enough demand some people would not wait, and it would start the ball rolling in the other direction - inventory would start dropping and more people would buy. I just find it a bit odd that it always swings one way . . .

NYYF Legend

Do you usually pick up a bat on bat day? (they're for 14 & under)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    My question is - why is the supply so much higher than the demand for Yankees tickets to cause this to happen. Compared to say, Phillies tickets. Is it really all about price, or is it also that more people who buy Phillies tickets actually go to the games leaving a smaller inventory?

While I get "wait to the last minute when people are dumping tickets," if there was enough demand some people would not wait, and it would start the ball rolling in the other direction - inventory would start dropping and more people would buy. I just find it a bit odd that it always swings one way . . .
    There isn't the demand, no way. Maybe you could find 4 million people to buy tickets before there was HDTV and an explosion in outlets for your entertainment dollar, but not any more. People only go to to a handful of games now, and if those handful start at $60 for nosebleeds then people say forget it and don't look back. By the time the game comes, there's no price low enough to get their attention back again because they've already put it out of their mind and have other plans or have their beer ready next to the couch

I'm usually the one getting left out I these pre sales. But this year I got section 332 row 6 seats 1&2. In about 2 mins at 1 this afternoon. Not the best seats but with the 50 dollar Amex deal its not to bad! I can't complain this year

There isn't the demand, no way. Maybe you could find 4 million people to buy tickets before there was HDTV and an explosion in outlets for your entertainment dollar, but not any more. People only go to to a handful of games now, and if those handful start at $60 for nosebleeds then people say forget it and don't look back. By the time the game comes, there's no price low enough to get their attention back again because they've already put it out of their mind and have other plans or have their beer ready next to the couch
    Exactly , I know people who already assume the tickets are priced to high and just don't even bother going. As for me with a family now I'm going to less and less games each year until it reaches one game a year with the family cause that's all I can afford

NYYF Legend

Do you usually pick up a bat on bat day? (they're for 14 & under)
    I've been taking my 10 year old cousin for the past 4 years. It's become a mini-tradition. He enjoys it and gets a bat out of it though we show up 2 hours early for it.

I was a little upset I saw cheaper tickets on stubhub after, but oh well. Saved money on Opening Day.

There will be a second chance sale at a later date.... They did this last year, and the difference in offerings was substantial.

I passed on offerings in this pre-sale. I know I'll get offered better seats down the road.

Cheers!
    -Doug

NYYF Legend

I think I'm going to sit out bat day this year. If anyone gets their hands on an extra 2012 bat I'm able to offer in trade a bat from either 2011, 2010, or 2009.

I made out pretty well with everything all in all. Im a partial plan holder and got:

Opening Day
    2 seats in 206 Row 17..HR territory, but wouldve liked to have been in foul territory, not terrible though
    $137.70

Old Timers Day
    4 seats in 409, Row 14.. once again, wouldve liked a little bit better seats in the grandstand but i needed to pick up 4 for my birthday
    $114.50

7/18 (Mark Teixeira figurine day)
    2 seats in 201 row 8..this was a last minute call for me. id love to get a tex figure ad figure if i could get the cheapest seats possible, why not.
    $41.70

i was really disappointed I didnt see any bleacher seats for any of the mets games or the final game of the season. i get its mets vs yankees, but I couldnt spend face value on these games. same goes for the red sox games, last year prices were in the crapper. im happy i made out with what i did. im sure ill pick up a mets game and red sox game on stubhub. overall, not as terrible as i thought it would be.
    follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AndrewHarts

NYYF Legend

I'd be careful with that 10/3 Red Sox game. Depending on when Rivera announces one way or the other and how the Yankees stand at that point, the 10/3 game could be a money maker/good game to get now at face if you want to go. I bought two I intend on using.

Addicted Member

I'd be careful with that 10/3 Red Sox game. Depending on when Rivera announces one way or the other and how the Yankees stand at that point, the 10/3 game could be a money maker/good game to get now at face if you want to go. I bought two I intend on using.
    I get that, but to play devils advocate its not a guarantee that Mo will even pitch in the game. I'm unsure when the playoffs start but what if he pitched the day before?
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    I get that, but to play devils advocate its not a guarantee that Mo will even pitch in the game. I'm unsure when the playoffs start but what if he pitched the day before?
    It could also be the deciding game to determine the division winner. I am thinking of getting as cheap as tickets I can get for all 3 games (bleachers if possible), and if the games don't mean anything, I don't lose too much, but if they mean something, I know I'll be in the park, or can sell them and use the profits to buy better seats.

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    I was on at 10 and never got the interactive map.. There are no bleachers at all..Yankees must be keeping them all to sell on stubhub.. I was able to get a nice pair of grandstands.. Now only singles available in grandstands.. I expect them to release more for the partials.
    Remember last year, they released more later in the day.. I hope everyone gets the games they want to go to.
    Do we know for a fact that they do this, or is it just conjecture?

NYYF Legend

Yankees are definitely holding back a LOT of seats. And them being afraid of getting sued for every little thing (surprised they don't get sued more but that's another story), they have especially strong language on the ticketmaster pages:

"Only a LIMITED number of Tickets (as determined by the Yankees in its sole and absolute discretion) will be made available during the Pre-On-Sale."

I don't know anything at all about buying Yankee tickets or presales. I'm trying to surprise my boyfriend with tickets to a Yankee red sox game. I'm going to try the MasterCard presale today. Am I out of mind for thinking that I can get them during this presale? Seems like it's pretty much the lowest presale there is. Any advice? If it makes any difference I was trying for the july series.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee092 View Post
    I don't know anything at all about buying Yankee tickets or presales. I'm trying to surprise my boyfriend with tickets to a Yankee red sox game. I'm going to try the MasterCard presale today. Am I out of mind for thinking that I can get them during this presale? Seems like it's pretty much the lowest presale there is. Any advice? If it makes any difference I was trying for the july series.
    You should be able to get tickets, there are still tickets available now for partial ticketholders. More availability for Friday than Saturday. Terrace seats and a few main. No grandstands or bleachers

Devoted Member

I got my Mastercard out and going to try to score tickets for opening day and the Friday night Mets game.

10:02 AM, tickets not on sale yet. I hate TM.

Anyone else running into the same?

Thread Information