+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

2012 New York Jets Thread

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2012/03/0...ts-eliminated/

Jets supposedly out of Peyton sweepstakes. That's fine by me.

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2012/03/0...o-trade-wayne/

Hopefully this happens. I also read that Mulligan was released.

Now get a pass rushing monster in the draft.

Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

im surprised you wouldnt be interested in peyton. he would instantly make the jets a Superbowl contender, and would probably be the biggest difference maker you could acquire.

I'm no fan of Sanchez at all but I'd also like to see how he responds with a new OC instead of going all in on Peyton. I also don't trust that his neck would hold up to the point where he can be the Peyton Manning we all have known.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    I'm no fan of Sanchez at all but I'd also like to see how he responds with a new OC instead of going all in on Peyton. I also don't trust that his neck would hold up to the point where he can be the Peyton Manning we all have known.

thats true, though i figured whatever contract peyton gets will be heavily weighted on one season to allay concerns over his neck, and if he proves fine you paid for a chance at a healthy peyton manning, if not you move on at a little cost.

obviously depends on his contract

#RL Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum on conference call tonight: QB Mark Sanchez has signed contract extension with the Jets. No terms disclosed.

Rich Cimini ‏ @RichCimini
    Sanchez had 2 yrs remaining on rookie deal, was due to make $8.5M base, $2.75 ros bonus this year. This could be cap-related move.

NYYF Cy Young

Apology extension. They talked to Manning, he probably had no interest and now they're making good. Plus I believe it also gives them some cap flexibility going into this offseason.

NYYF Legend

The deal includes $20.5 million in guarantees for 2012 and 2013 and $40.5 million in "new" money, bringing his total over five years to $58.25 million, according to sources. He can make an additional $10 million in escalators.

The $58.25 million gives Sanchez the seventh-highest financial package among NFL quarterbacks, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...peyton-manning

Risky move. Flacco is dancing.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by OlgMvp View Post
    Apology extension. They talked to Manning, he probably had no interest and now they're making good. Plus I believe it also gives them some cap flexibility going into this offseason.
    I'm not a Jets fans and I can care less, but do you think it's a good idea to reward a young QB with an extension after he should regression in the previous year? And hasn't had to really sweat or prove himeself to be the starting QB? SOme of his teammates have said he has been coddled too much. I liked the idea of the Jets kicking the tires on Payton Manning. That should have made Sanchez sweat a little. But now even if they get a veteran back up QB to TRY to challenge Sanchez, he'll know in the back of his head that the Jets will still start him because of the contract he has.

Weird move by the Jets IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I'm not a Jets fans and I can care less, but do you think it's a good idea to reward a young QB with an extension after he should regression in the previous year? And hasn't had to really sweat or prove himeself to be the starting QB? SOme of his teammates have said he has been coddled too much. I liked the idea of the Jets kicking the tires on Payton Manning. That should have made Sanchez sweat a little. But now even if they get a veteran back up QB to TRY to challenge Sanchez, he'll know in the back of his head that the Jets will still start him because of the contract he has.

Weird move by the Jets IMO.
    The Jets just rewarded mediocrity. I don't think this will play well in the locker room. Sanchez better step up big time, grow a pair and be the leader on this team. If he doesn't I'm afraid he will lose everybody.

Dunno the money but Jets re-upped with Pouha for three years.

We get $1.6M extra in cap space thanks to Dallas and Washington!

Texans released Eric Winston.

He might become priority #1 for us at RT. He's a zone blocking tackle, so it's not a perfect fit in Sparano's offense, but still he is good enough that we have to seriously look at signing him.

New York Jets@nyjets #RL OLB Bryan Thomas, after technically becoming unrestricted FA at 4 pm ET, agreed in principle on new contract with Jets short while ago.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    New York Jets@nyjets #RL OLB Bryan Thomas, after technically becoming unrestricted FA at 4 pm ET, agreed in principle on new contract with Jets short while ago.
    Yawn.....I hope this isn't as good as it gets for this FA season.

Edit: Winston and Landry would be nice, then hope and prey Ingram falls to us and we trade up to snag a receiver in the early second that might have fallen. (Wright/Floyd?) I like that team for next year. Im not optimistic though.

Sounds like they have a lot of interest in Reggie Nelson, which would be good. The best cover safety on the market. Also receiver Chaz Schilens from Oakland. Injury prone but talented, it would make sense since our new WR coach came from Oakland.

If we get Nelson and a couple solid depth pieces, that's fine with me. This team needs to start building through the draft again, like Tanny was doing when he first got the job.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OlgMvp View Post
    Then the owner makes sure to call the Daily News to say "we never wanted Manning".

Manish Mehta @TheJetsStream Source confirms that former Raiders WR Chaz Schilens is scheduled to visit the Jets. New WR coach Sanjay Lal familiar with him. #nyj

Nice to see Sanchez finally showing a backbone and standing up for himself....which proves he has more guts then whoever ripped him anonymously in the media after the season ended.

Reggie Nelson and Brady Quinn visiting tomorrow.

Please sign Nelson. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Also, the details of Pouha's contract extension came out today, and it's an awesome contract.

http://nyjetscap.com/2012_Articles/pouhaextension.php

Jets signed Chaz Schilens today. The guy has talent but cannot stay healthy.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
    Big pickup: Bengals reached agreement with safety Reggie Nelson. Jets now will need to look elsewhere.

Sigh.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter LaRon Landry reached agreement with the Jets on a one-year, $4 million deal.

NYYF Legend

That's cool. Now just stay healthy for once.

It's a good move if he's healthy. The negatives are that he's not really a cover safety... and he's never healthy.

Thread Information