+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 698
  1. #76
    My photograph. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    And evidently it's official. Blargh.

  2. #77
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    E. 161 St. & Rivera Ave.

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    I don't see how this can be true:

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...de-second-time

    The Jaguars re-entered trade talks following the snag in the original deal and the Broncos allowed Tebow to weigh in on which way the deal went, a source told Schefter.

    According to a source, Tebow was said to be excited about the prospect of playing with the Jets.

  3. #78
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Damn it all.

  4. #79
    NYYF Legend

    bcom33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Exiled to Connecticut

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF View Post
    I don't see how this can be true:
    Why not?

  5. #80
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    E. 161 St. & Rivera Ave.

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    Why not?
    He's super-popular in Florida, especially north Florida. And I'd have to think he'd have a much better chance to start for Jacksonville than he does for the Jets.

    The only reason for the Jaguars not to be a better fit is if they're pulling a "Cleveland Indians in Major League" and trying to not draw to pave the way for a move to Los Angeles.

  6. #81
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Tim's mission is to save Rex Ryan from cursing and unholy foot behavior

  7. #82
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

  8. #83

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Rex Ryan and Tebow, This will be an interesting combination.

  9. #84
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Rex Ryan and Tebow, This will be an interesting combination.
    Thanks.........now there an image that is forever burned into my mind.......

  10. #85

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Per Rotoworld, Tannenbaum confirmed Tebow as the #2 QB on the depth chart..........

  11. #86
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Joke franchise.

  12. #87
    Bleeding Blue YankeeGalSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Too far from Yankee Stadium

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gordongecko View Post
    tim's mission is to save rex ryan from cursing and unholy foot behavior
    omg...lmfao!

  13. #88
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Joke franchise.
    I don't know. I think a lot depends on how they use Tebow in all this. If he's a traditional backup #2 this move makes little sense. especially if Sanchez struggles and fans call for his head.

    If they plan to incoporate him for 10-15 snaps a game on rollouts and srambles/ wild cat packages. This could potentially be genius.

    Though the blowup in their face circus is also a possibility too.

  14. #89

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    I have nothing against the Jets, but thank you so much for making Tebow remain a non-Jaguar. I've been patient with the rebuilding process (which still has a bit of building to do), but this would have been difficult to take.

  15. #90
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    I have nothing against the Jets, but thank you so much for making Tebow remain a non-Jaguar. I've been patient with the rebuilding process (which still has a bit of building to do), but this would have been difficult to take.
    I can't believe the Jags couldn't beat the Jets offer. You might want to be angry at them for being uber-cheap than the Jets.

  16. #91
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I can't believe the Jags couldn't beat the Jets offer. You might want to be angry at them for being uber-cheap than the Jets.
    I was listening to Cowherd in the car....he was saying he was told the Jags offered the same deal as the Jets (4th and 7th round picks, with Jax 4th rounder being 7 spots higher) and they were willing to pay all 5M of Tebow's bonus....but Denver gave Tebow the option of where he wanted to go and he wanted NY. No idea if he just made that up or not.

  17. #92

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread


  18. #93
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    baltimore, md

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF View Post
    I don't see how this can be true:
    Tebow is about prosyletizing first and foremost. no bigger market than NYC...

  19. #94
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    So the Jets get Tebow because of his "miracle" season. The Broncos went 8-8.
    Jets down on Sanchez because of a bad season. Jets went 8-8.

    Sure makes sense doesn't it!

  20. #95
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Jets got Tebow to run the ball. This has Sporano for game plan and Woody for media attention written on all over it

  21. #96
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Jets got Tebow to run the ball. This has Sporano for game plan and Woody for media attention written on all over it
    Yeah but the wildcat offense was figured out 2 years ago.

  22. #97
    My photograph. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I don't know. I think a lot depends on how they use Tebow in all this. If he's a traditional backup #2 this move makes little sense. especially if Sanchez struggles and fans call for his head.

    If they plan to incoporate him for 10-15 snaps a game on rollouts and srambles/ wild cat packages. This could potentially be genius.

    Though the blowup in their face circus is also a possibility too.
    I think this is almost guaranteed. It's just a question of how big of a circus it's going to be. I'm sure they'll be using him in something like you're describing, but no matter what happens, unless Sanchez is absolutely unbelievable, there are going to be people calling for Tebow. ESPN did a SportsNation poll yesterday asking who should be the starter and with over 200K votes it was exactly 50-50. It's going to be a mess.
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    RIP, Pete.

  23. #98
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I think this is almost guaranteed. It's just a question of how big of a circus it's going to be. I'm sure they'll be using him in something like you're describing, but no matter what happens, unless Sanchez is absolutely unbelievable, there are going to be people calling for Tebow. ESPN did a SportsNation poll yesterday asking who should be the starter and with over 200K votes it was exactly 50-50. It's going to be a mess.
    It's why this move makes zero sense. If you weren't happy with Sanchez, why restructure his deal and extend him?

  24. #99
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    The QB and locker room controversy may easily get out of control unless the Jets have a strong leader. Right now I don't think they have one.

  25. #100
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2012 New York Jets Thread

    One good thing is Tebow is the opposite of the rest of those mouthy big talkers.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts