+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 36 76 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2448

Re: 2012 Mark Teixeira Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Bad job out of me...it looked like Tex was yelling at him, but sounds like it was encouragement.
    I looked at the replay, all I could lipread was "DON'T" before the camera cut away.

Pretty crap game last night from him offensively. He's still 4/12(13?). Gotta come up tonight, Tex.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Bad job out of me...it looked like Tex was yelling at him, but sounds like it was encouragement.
    Don't worry you're not the first one to rip a player before knowing the facts. It's pretty standard around here.

ROFL hater caught looking. strike 3 sit down
    always reasonable

I'm at a loss here.

When Tex was on the DL, even though we had all the other regulars, the lineup looked weak. He hasn't done a bunch since he's gotten back. This ALDS, he's gotten on base and not much else. Well, I suppose he has an RBI. He's clearly my favorite player, but despite getting on base as much as he has, I don't really think he's going to produce anything tonight. I'd love to see him do so. I don't think it will happen.

However, he and Jeter are seeing the ball really well. Both are putting up awesome ABs, just not really getting great results. So I'm thinking there is an off chance he squares up nicely on a hanging breaking balls or some cheese that's left over the middle of the plate.

I don't like Teixeira, but I have to give him credit. He has been very good this series. Hitting .333 with a .474 OBP. He seems to be our only hitter willing to take a walk.

NYYF Triple Crown

He got his first career postseason stolen base.

Great game from tex.

Strong series from Tex. One of the few hitters that had a strong approach at the plate and didnt chase crap off the plate every AB.

Gotta give Tex his due. He had a very solid series.

Most of all I love his attitude and effort level -- stealing second on the bad calf tonight really showed me something. The dude's a gamer.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

the way the butthurt Orioles crowd rags on him for daring not to sign with them in '08, I'm really glad he was able to stick it in their face with that manufactured run.
    Hank 'N Hal's Country Club -- where accountability is soooo 1990s!

Teixeira rather quietly put up a .500 OBP in the series.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

said to marokotits that he stole the base to hopefully give the offense a spark. smart move.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Right. Had a pretty darn good offensive run in 5 games.

Almost seemed like they were scared to pitch to him. Never gave in to him.

Will always take the "D" to the bank. With Cano at second.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Yeah, his plate discipline was alot better than past series.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Strong series from Tex. One of the few hitters that had a strong approach at the plate and didnt chase crap off the plate every AB.
    I heard him on the post game yesterday and he said something interesting. To paraphrase, he said in the post season pitch counts aren't that big of a deal because teams don't worry about their pitchers driving up the pitch count by nibbling so you have to be disciplined at the plate.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    He got his first career postseason stolen base.
    That stolen base was absolutely huge. If he doesn't steal that base, Andino is probably playing at DP depth and they likely turn a double play on the ball that Cano hit which means Teix never would have scored.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

We always hear what a great field manager Showalter is. But his decision to have Reynolds play the position instead of holding Mark closer to the bag turned out to be stupid. It was more a case of defensive indifference than a stolen base.
    That said, it still took guts for Mark to steal with his bad calf.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    That stolen base was absolutely huge. If he doesn't steal that base, Andino is probably playing at DP depth and they likely turn a double play on the ball that Cano hit which means Teix never would have scored.
    I think a lot of people on this team are growing a big pair, for what they have done. Tex stealing that base, Jeter scoring from 1st, CC having a complete game, Ichiro doing his ninja impression at home plate, and especially Giradi benching A-rod.

If the hot bats stay hot, and the cold bats start warming up we should be able to beat Detriot.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers79 View Post
    I think a lot of people on this team are growing a big pair, for what they have done. Tex stealing that base, Jeter scoring from 1st, CC having a complete game, Ichiro doing his ninja impression at home plate, and especially Giradi benching A-rod.

If the hot bats stay hot, and the cold bats start warming up we should be able to beat Detriot.
    Another way to put it is that when this team was pushed to the brink, they actually loosened up and got a little more aggressive on offense. They didn't exactly break out, but they also didn't tighten up. It was great to see.

But clearly, CC set the tone. Kevin Brown he ain't.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    That stolen base was a gutsy move by Teix. I think he is slowly coming around and will be a major factor going forward.

Kudos to Tex, one of the very few bright spots offensively and for his great defense.

Quote Originally Posted by joela View Post
    That said, it still took guts for Mark to steal with his bad calf.
    Never mind the bad calf, what about the fact that he's slower than mud?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Cy Young

Taking the calf and his lack of speed into account, One can hardly blame Buck for assuming he would 't steal! Even the Yankee players were surprised!

Tex stands out to me as having one of the better postseasons thus far on the team across the first seven games.

And yet he has had one extra base hit, a double, in 32 plate appearances.

This isn't a comment about Tex...his .469 obp in this smallest of sample sizes is obviously outstanding and they'd be scoring a lot more runs if everybody had his production.

But the fact that one of the most productive players on the team in these first 7 games has a .360 slugging is really hard to believe.

Yeah. I usually sit in a chat room with some friends during games. We love that Tex is getting on base, but I, believe it or not, was the first one to bring up how he wasn't hitting for any power. If Tex can start slugging, I think we'll be doing pretty good.

Thread Information