+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 98 FirstFirst ... 29 69 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2448

Re: 2012 Mark Teixeira Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    teixeira shouldn't bat higher than 5 until he's proven he's a dangerous hitter again
    >2nd game back from the dl
    >already saying this kind of crap
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

NYYF Legend

mark teixeira makes my balls hurt
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

well Tex got a Get Out of Jail Free card courtesy of Raul..

Quote Originally Posted by enozlac View Post
    well Tex got a Get Out of Jail Free card courtesy of Raul..
    I totally agree. I'm not going to make excuses because of the time of year. But, if it was early-mid season, it wouldn't be as big a deal as some are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I totally agree. I'm not going to make excuses because of the time of year. But, if it was early-mid season, it wouldn't be as big a deal as some are saying.
    He was a friggin' disaster tonight. There is no other way to put it.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

The f'n guy has been out for over a month, hit an HR on his second at bat coming back, gives us a solid presence in the middle of the order, plays GG defense and has a s'itty game in his second game back. Christ, I love this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by roblyo33 View Post
    The f'n guy has been out for over a month, hit an HR on his second at bat coming back, gives us a solid presence in the middle of the order, plays GG defense and has a s'itty game in his second game back. Christ, I love this forum.
    Oh come on-- it was such a ridiculously obvious move not to bat him fourth tonight that exactly nobody said anything about it until after his second DP ground out.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

People are not allowed to be upset with his performance tonight? Not sure where you're going with this one. Its hard to watch a guy go 0-6, ground into two DP's with 1st/3rd 1 out, hit a shallow flyout with the bases loaded 1 out in the 9th...and not be frustrated.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Oh come on-- it was such a ridiculously obvious move not to bat him fourth tonight that exactly nobody said anything about it until after his second DP ground out.
    Sorry, I forgot how perceptive the posters here are. Their hindsight continues to be 20/20.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    People are not allowed to be upset with his performance tonight? Not sure where you're going with this one. Its hard to watch a guy go 0-6, ground into two DP's with 1st/3rd 1 out, hit a shallow flyout with the bases loaded 1 out in the 9th...and not be frustrated.
    Who said you weren't allowed? The guy just posted his opinion.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Of course they can be frustrated. I bet Teixeira was pretty frustrated, too. If the game was easy, he probably would have had 8 RBI's. Doesn't always work that way.

Of course they can be frustrated. I bet Teixeira was pretty frustrated, too. If the game was easy, he probably would have had 8 RBI's. Doesn't always work that way.
    Im sure he is frustrated. I did think the booing was stupid...I dont believe in booing your own players at all.

NYYF Legend

Im sure he is frustrated. I did think the booing was stupid...I dont believe in booing your own players at all.
    Nor do I but, it seems to be more prevalent this year for some reason, both at the park and on here. I can see booing someone who doesn't put out 100% but, Tex is not one of them.

Tex showed a lot of poise and grace in his postgame interview. He said he knows what it is to be a fan and to yell or boo at your team (or your team's players) when they let you down.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

This goes on Girardi. You have to be a moron to bat him 4th ahead of A red hot and locked in cano.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Sorry, I forgot how perceptive the posters here are. Their hindsight continues to be 20/20.
    nobody is playing 20/20 hindsight here. Cano was on FIRE and many people questioned Girardi moving Cano down to #5 in the lineup before first pitch. There goes your hindsight theory.

Hell, he probably shouldn't have moved Ichiro down either but that is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by 89FoxBody View Post
    Unreal...up 5 times in pressure situations...0 for 5
    Picking up where he left off vs. Detroit last October
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Tex showed a lot of poise and grace in his postgame interview. He said he knows what it is to be a fan and to yell or boo at your team (or your team's players) when they let you down.
    Well, that's good to know. Maybe they should keep him hitting fourth after all.

I was really rooting for Tex to get redemption last night in those later AB's, first because he's a class act, but more importantly, because we need him in the right frame of mind for the post season. We need our middle of the order guys to get hot at the right time ... which is now.

That said, I hope we win tonight and I hope Tex gets a big hit or two so he can go into the PS on a high note.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Hoping he slays the ball today.

I did find it weird to see Tex batting 4th due to Cano's recent stretch and Tex just returning but I didn't put to much thought into it at all after that. Cano had his chances last night too and didn't come through.

You can't assume that if Tex wasn't batting 4th that it would have changed the outcome. It's possible, sure, but everything in the game could have been different. Maybe good, maybe bad.

Tex being in the lineup where he was influenced how the RS pitched the other batters, when they used pitchers, etc., etc.

Tex batted fourth last night in a game the Yankees won. A game they really needed to win. If he didn't the game is potentially very different, including the possibility of the Yankees losing.
    You know they are not real pies, right?

"I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

Quote Originally Posted by enozlac View Post
    nobody is playing 20/20 hindsight here. Cano was on FIRE and many people questioned Girardi moving Cano down to #5 in the lineup before first pitch. There goes your hindsight theory.
    Where are these many posts you speak of?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Where are these many posts you speak of?
    So are you saying it wasn't a bad move to move the scorching Cano down to 5th, or are you saying that people aren't allowed to complain about a move after the fact?

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    So are you saying it wasn't a bad move to move the scorching Cano down to 5th, or are you saying that people aren't allowed to complain about a move after the fact?
    People are allowed to do whatever they want.

That doesn't change the fact that when you complain about a move after the fact, that's called hindsight.

Enozlac said a lot of people were questioning the move before the game. I asked where these posts were, because I didn't see them. Am I allowed to do that?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

People are allowed to do whatever they want.

That doesn't change the fact that when you complain about a move after the fact, that's called hindsight.

Enozlac said a lot of people were questioning the move before the game. I asked where these posts were, because I didn't see them. Am I allowed to do that?
    Before Enozlac even posted you were questioning complaints about the move after the fact, as if the complaint loses all merit once the game started. You didn't address the actual complaint itself, however.

Thread Information