+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 21 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2448

Re: 2012 Mark Teixeira Performance Thread

I just hope he can get the calf right and come back. The team needs him in the lineup if they are going to win their last game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    I'm not clearly wrong. He dove when he shouldn't have and i don't believe it had anything to do with a calf problem. It was a terrible call and it was a bad decision by tex.
    You're basically accusing Teixeira of lying.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    No, it's not unfounded. It may be incorrect, but I think I've made the foundation for it quite clear. I stand by it, despite your denials.
    This is just you being difficult again. Ha, ha. Ha. We get it.
    Complaining is a choice

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    You're basically accusing Teixeira of lying.
    It's well past time to stop responding to him.
    Complaining is a choice

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

he would have made it to the bag faster had he not dove. that's the bottom line and if anybody disagrees, then, fine,
    Noone is disputing this.

He should not have dove there. He's a veteran player and should know better than to dive, which does nothing except slow him down AND perhaps confuse the umpire.
    If the umpire is that easy to confuse he shouldn't be umping at games. Seeing as we never see Tex slide but see a ton of groundballs being hit by him its quite interesting to why he slid? Oh wait I know.....

Teixeira Could Miss Remainder Of Season
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...mainder-season

I don't know if you ever have run with a leg or calf cramp, but it tends to hurt when you try and sprint on it. Can only imagine what it would feel like if the calf is injured to the degree Tex is.

TEX is the one who is the conspiracy theorist...saying how they umpires don't watn the Yankees to come back and want to get out of there. I mean, that is the most ludircious statement I can imagine.
    Im sure you have never made ludicrous statements in the heat of the moment. Hell you make them on forums.

Twelve year olds are taught that.
    Right, Im sure all those 12 year olds play through injuries to try and help a team that is in obvious need for help in offense.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    This is just you being difficult again. Ha, ha. Ha. We get it.
    Thanks friend. I know that's how you meant it.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Im sure you have never made ludicrous statements in the heat of the moment. Hell you make them on forums.
    I'm just going to come out and say this because it's getting absurd at this point. Your comment doesn't even need to be said here.

The answers that are apparently expected to be given have nothing to do with the questions that were asked of Mark during his interview. "Why did you dive?" He answered. "What did you think about the call?" he answered. I mean, the way I see it it's like it's answering "When is your birthday?" with "Ice cream has no bones". It makes no frigging sense. Even if what he said was in the heat of the moment, and I think that comes into play with him saying the umps "wanted to go home", he still answered the questions that were asked of him. He was not misdirecting blame or not holding himself accountable for the end result. I really don't see any reason why his comments are wrong, under dispute, shows he whines, and how they are deflecting any accountability.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Noone is disputing this.

If the umpire is that easy to confuse he shouldn't be umping at games. Seeing as we never see Tex slide but see a ton of groundballs being hit by him its quite interesting to why he slid? Oh wait I know.....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...mainder-season

I don't know if you ever have run with a leg or calf cramp, but it tends to hurt when you try and sprint on it. Can only imagine what it would feel like if the calf is injured to the degree Tex is.

Right, Im sure all those 12 year olds play through injuries to try and help a team that is in obvious need for help in offense.
    No, I don't think 12 year olds play through injuries. My point is that what he did was a poor execution of a fundamental. If you don't think it is, fine. I think we should probably stop talking about it because we're not going to agree, let's be hones.

No, I don't think 12 year olds play through injuries. My point is that what he did was a poor execution of a fundamental. If you don't think it is, fine. I think we should probably stop talking about it because we're not going to agree, let's be hones.
    Given his calf injury, there's no way you can say with any certainty that he would have made it across the bag quicker if he didn't dive.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

What is a "hone" and what does it take to be one?

NYYF Legend

Reading through the last few pages of this thread has solidified my opinion that this forum has become a cesspool for ignorant, outrageous, egomaniacal, self-absorbed, petty, ill-informed, opinionated morons to spend their time, which is why I don't spend much time here anymore. It used to have well informed, articulate posters who could argue their positions in an intelligent manner but, that doesn't appear to be what happens here anymore.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by roblyo33 View Post
    Reading through the last few pages of this thread has solidified my opinion that this forum has become a cesspool for ignorant, outrageous, egomaniacal, self-absorbed, petty, ill-informed, opinionated morons to spend their time, which is why I don't spend much time here anymore. It used to have well informed, articulate posters who could argue their positions in an intelligent manner but, that doesn't appear to be what happens here anymore.
    I wouldn't go that far. It looks to me like there's a troll in this thread (in effect, if not in intention). As is usually the case, it derails intelligent discussion as long as people keep responding to him, and we get pages and pages of the same things being said over and over.

I'd Rather Play Calvinball NyQuil's Avatar

I love this thread.
    I'm in your thread, stealing RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees' identity.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...

Quote Originally Posted by roblyo33 View Post
    I've had a head injury. That's my excuse.
    Complaining is a choice

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I've had a head injury. That's my excuse.
    I have no such excuse. I guess I'm just an ignorant, outrageous, egomaniacal, self-absorbed, petty, ill-informed, opinionated moron. Plus I tend to be difficult.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

I have no such excuse. I guess I'm just an ignorant, outrageous, egomaniacal, self-absorbed, petty, ill-informed, opinionated moron. Plus I tend to be difficult.

EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Egomaniacs never guess.

How do you "be" a "have"?
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

This.

diving to first base is some sort of instinctual play. it's still got to stop though
    always reasonable

Bottom line, Tex is not going to be 100% for the rest of the year.
    It's that simple... he needs to be given the Edgar Martinez treatment.
    He can play first base, get a few DH days, and hit.
    But the second he makes contact, he needs to be instructed to jog.

When Edgar Martinez was still a beast mode hitter, but both his hamstrings were shot and on the verge of being completely blown out, the Mariners told him, no matter what, he is NOT to hustle. Hit the ball, and jog. No matter what, and they accepted the consequences. If that means he he hit into a triple play because he is so slow, the at bats he gets by staying on the field are worth it.

Same here. If Tex can play defense and swing the bat, screw running. Jog. If he gets on base late in a game where you may need some wheels, run for him. Deal with whatever in game consequences come out of him not hustling.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Egomaniacs never guess.
    What an ignorant, outrageous, petty, ill-informed comment. Of course egomaniacs guess, we just always guess right.
    - Barry Manilow

The thread has now completed it's evolution and can be filed under so many other threads. We had the overreaction, troll, reasoning with a troll, people commenting on how we feed the trolls, the debate turns to how silly the thread has become, someone announces how bad this site has become, then it's jokes, then we get back on track.

This place never fails to amuse me.

Hunka Hunka Hot Monkey Love! mitchrock's Avatar

"hone" is like honey without the y. Y??? Because we like you.

Thread Information