+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9 49 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2448
    NYYF MVP

Re: 2012 Mark Teixeira Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    While Tex is still putting up decent numbers, he is hardly putting up numbers that we signed him for. I don't think anyone is calling him a bum.
    In fairness, neither has Alex, and I think in general he's taken less heat on his board (how he's regarded by the general fanbase is a different story) over the last 2.5 years despite producing less, being less durable, and getting paid more. Maybe it's making up for the act that he took a ton of unwarranted criticism early in his Yankee career, but whatever the reason, that's been my impression.

As for Tex, we all know he's a streaky hitter, but he plays hurt, he's a great defensive player, and since the tail end of May he's had an OPS over 0.900. Personally, I just haven't felt the need to complain about him, but I do understand the frustration.

And I think I prefer snapple's impassioned defense of Tex over posters who obsess negatively over a player like Rocketbooster with Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Any news on Teixeira if he is a go tonight?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    It's posted now. He's batting cleanup.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/08/2...rns-to-lineup/

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

WHY ISNT HE HITTING DlNGERS! HE WAS PAID TO HIT DINGERS, NOT SINGLES!
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    why isnt he hitting dlngers! He was paid to hit dingers, not singles!
    i get it!!
    You know they are not real pies, right?

"I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

....so how about putting Mr. Tex on waivers on waivers next year?

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

LOL...tekky two times

Well done.

It's my new keyboard.

No
    Trade
    Clause

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Hitting .265 with a .787 OPS in August
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Hitting .265 with a .787 OPS in August
    why do we use OPS?

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I doubt Tex would accept a trade unless he was paid pretty well for it, and he won't be.

It does raise an interesting point though. Would, in theory, the Dodgers have taken Tex and A-Rod? What's the worse package....Tex and A-Rod or Crawford, Beckett and Gonzalez?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    I doubt Tex would accept a trade unless he was paid pretty well for it, and he won't be.
    Right along those lines:
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/08/2...-could-happen/
    A little more than three years ago, right before he signed with the Yankees, Mark Teixeira considered signing with the Red Sox. One reason he didn’t was the possibility of what happened yesterday: That the Red Sox might work toward a massive trade that could unload several multi-year contracts at once.

“One of the reasons that I didn’t sign with Boston was they don’t offer full no-trade clauses,” Teixeira said. “I would hate, personally as a father and a husband, I would hate to uproot my family here in New York and get traded somewhere else. That’d be devastating. I could play baseball anywhere, really, but to have to uproot your family, that would be really tough. And Boston doesn’t give full no-trade clauses. This is what could happen.”

In the two years before signing that eight-year deal with the Yankees, Teixeira had been traded twice, so he went into that offseason fully aware of what it meant to be moved midseason.

“I tell people, the last two years before free agency, I was a gypsy,” he said. “I lived all over the place. So it’s not easy, it really isn’t, and that was one of the big reasons that I wanted a full no-trade clause.”

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post

It does raise an interesting point though. Would, in theory, the Dodgers have taken Tex and A-Rod? What's the worse package....Tex and A-Rod or Crawford, Beckett and Gonzalez?
    If someone claimed him, I'd tell him don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    If someone claimed him, I'd tell him don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    Yeah, so would I, but he has a no-trade clause. There's no way to get rid of him without either getting his consent or just releasing him. Neither of which is likely to happen. So, get used to it. He's going to be here for a long time.

you say that like he's an awful player

If they were to place him on waivers and pull him back, and then place him back on waivers (which then become irrevocable) would the claiming team be responsible for his salary just like regular waivers?
    "No matter who you vote for, the government always gets in." - Bill Hicks

"Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand." - Leo Durocher

Quote Originally Posted by 89FoxBody View Post
    If they were to place him on waivers and pull him back, and then place him back on waivers (which then become irrevocable) would the claiming team be responsible for his salary just like regular waivers?
    I don't think he can just be waived and claimed without his consent. I know that a 10 and 5 player can't. tex isn't that yet, but he does have a no trade clause.

I think there's not much anybody can do at this point. What's done is done as far as his contract and the Yankees go. There won't be a white knight like the Dodgers coming along. He's going to be here for a very long time.

Yeah, I understand exactly how tough it would be to have movers and packers come in and do everything for you without you or your wife having to lift a finger. Better yet maybe donate all your stuff, minus the trophies and jewelry, and buy new stuff on the other end. Then you have to relocate to another mulit-million dollar mansion in your new town. These are things wives and children never get over.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Yeah, I understand exactly how tough it would be to have movers and packers come in and do everything for you without you or your wife having to lift a finger. Better yet maybe donate all your stuff, minus the trophies and jewelry, and buy new stuff on the other end. Then you have to relocate to another mulit-million dollar mansion in your new town. These are things wives and children never get over.
    I still think it's unlikely, but it could be worth a shot to put him on waivers, and then pray somebody claims him. If that happens, go to him and say, "look...let's not make everybody's existence difficult here. We want you out of here. Let's both of us move on with life. We'll buy out your no-trade clause for $10 million. What do you say?"

$10 million even to these guys is lot of money. That would ease the transition considerably. Half the time these no-trade clauses are just a way to make more money anyway. The acquiring team isn't going to give him more years on his contract, but maybe the Yanks could give him some cash and send him on his way.

With all due respect, the idea of dumping the Teixeira contact right in the midst of a playoff run is totally absurd, even if it were possible.

The Yankees are not the rotting Red Sox. Teixiera is underperforming and not worth the contract to be sure, but the Yankees are still in a position to go for it this year. They are not doing anything to compromise that. They are not raising a white flag or sending that message to their fans.

Just enjoy the fact you root for a club that can and is trying to win this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    That's is probably the most ridiculous post I've read in this thread.

Thread Information