+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 98 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 80 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2012 Mark Teixeira Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by madjack View Post
    Wow. Ortiz is hitting .353 too, with .633 slugging. Teix can barely buy a hit, but his pride is too strong to lay an easy one down?
    i saw Ortiz do that too and just shrugged. Teix won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    i saw Ortiz do that too and just shrugged. Teix won't do it.
    Yeah - see this is something I will never understand.
    A bunt single is a 2.000 OPS. That, coupled with the fact the over-shift may subside, should be enough reasons to at least TRY it....
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Yeah - see this is something I will never understand.
    A bunt single is a 2.000 OPS. That, coupled with the fact the over-shift may subside, should be enough reasons to at least TRY it....
    It's actually a 1.000 OPS, but yeah you're point still stands. Especially since right now he's not hitting for average or power, so now would be a good time to take some free "singles" even if it's only successful a fraction of the time.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    It's actually a 1.000 OPS, but yeah you're point still stands. Especially since right now he's not hitting for average or power, so now would be a good time to take some free "singles" even if it's only successful a fraction of the time.
    1.000 OBP + 1.000 SLG = 2.000 OPS - just sayin
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StaleMilk View Post
    You need more exclamation points, it would assist with your poor sarcasm.

Replacement level offense is around .300 OBP/.415 SLG at 1B. Tex offensively has been worse than a replacement level player. He should have went on the DL and Steve Pearce could have been called up.
    I guess it only matches your poor quality of posts along with beating a dead horse....If you want to whine and complain about how bad Tex is go ahead....You haven't given any quality insight either way....actually now that I think about it you would fit right in with some of the other posters.....Maybe you should post more often in the thread of Doom! -> I hope the single exclamation point is enough for you.

EDIT: BTW Pearce has a Career 668 OPS and has a 515 OPS in 2011. So how is he a suitable replacement for Tex again????
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    1.000 OBP + 1.000 SLG = 2.000 OPS - just sayin
    LOL - I need to stop multitasking. I had SLG on the brain even though clearly he was talking OPS. I even said OPS in my response.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yanksfanintoronto View Post
    EDIT: BTW Pearce has a Career 668 OPS and has a 515 OPS in 2011. So how is he a suitable replacement for Tex again????
    Becasue he has a 1.027 OPS in AAA right now and you hope you catch lighting in a bottle while Tex recovers? I don't think anyone thinks Pearce is a long term solution, just looking for a quick jolt in the arm so to speak since he's currently swinging a hot bat (kind of like Wise was when Gardner hit the DL), you just hope it carries over to MLB for a week or two.

If Tex is healthy enough to play, I agree he should be playing, but dropped in the batting order to 6th or 7th right now.

If he's not healthy enough to play he should take a few days off and if will take more than a few days he should be DL'd so the Yanks aren't short handed.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Becasue he has a 1.027 OPS in AAA right now and you hope you catch lighting in a bottle while Tex recovers? I don't think anyone thinks Pearce is a long term solution, just looking for a quick jolt in the arm so to speak since he's currently swinging a hot bat (kind of like Wise was when Gardner hit the DL), you just hope it carries over to MLB for a week or two.

If Tex is healthy enough to play, I agree he should be playing, but dropped in the batting order to 6th or 7th right now.

If he's not healthy enough to play he should take a few days off and if will take more than a few days he should be DL'd so the Yanks aren't short handed.
    I mean, they're being proactive about sitting Jeter down tonight, for example. Jeter is healthy and productive. Why not do the same with Tex? He's struggling and sick. At least give him a day off.

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

So, is it common knowledge that Tex is ill? I don't have much access to the local media, and have not seen anything about this in my travels through the interwebs, so I could be completely missing this. But if it's true, I suppose the team should bite the bullet and add him to the MASH unit. Otherwise, I fear that we're stuck with a guy that fits the mold of a few other forgettable former Yankee first basemen like Mike Hegan and Jim Spencer.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    So, is it common knowledge that Tex is ill? I don't have much access to the local media, and have not seen anything about this in my travels through the interwebs, so I could be completely missing this. But if it's true, I suppose the team should bite the bullet and add him to the MASH unit. Otherwise, I fear that we're stuck with a guy that fits the mold of a few other forgettable former Yankee first basemen like Mike Hegan and Jim Spencer.
    Yeah, he has been coughing for like a month now and has bronchial problems. It's been written about at length and Tex keeps coughing into his arm. Tex says the umpire asked him the other night if he should call timeout because Tex was hacking so hard at first base.

If they believe his performance is based on this illness, 1) Why not DL him & let him get better? His performance sucks whether it's a legit illness or not. 2) Why allow him to be around the rest of the team?

I see your POV but there in lies the problem....we are just hoping that Pearce's avg translates into a brief period of major league success. I rather stick with Tex...plus its only mid May....Its not like he has not struggled during this time of the year before. Some posters on here just aren't patient enough and want quick fix solutions....well it doesn't work that way.
    I have not been a fan of how Tex has been performing since last year but he still does show some significant power. Quite frankly, other than Granderson and Jeter I don't see anyone hitting consistently. This team has frustrated most of us but quick fixes are not the solution.

And I am all for dropping Tex down in the order but I don't think he should go on the DL. Either way, I would not be surprised if the same posters who are gunning for him to be on the DL would complain about how soft he is if he did. Some Yankee fans are just used to bitching and complaining, much like fans of every other team, regardless of how the team is performing. Doesn't mean I have to support it.

More hyperbole. Awesome.

1. If he is sick
    2. And that illness is affecting his production
    3. And resting would accelerate recovery
    4. And they can get replacement level production from elsewhere in the system

Then they should DL him or at least give him an extended rest. Even if there are fans that think anyone going on the DL for any reason - let alone a cough - are wussies, who cares. I'd rather have those fans disappointed in him for going on the DL than fans that are disappointed in his terrible results right now.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    1. If he is sick
    2. And that illness is affecting his production
    3. And resting would accelerate recovery
    4. And they can get replacement level production from elsewhere in the system

Then they should DL him or at least give him an extended rest. Even if there are fans that think anyone going on the DL for any reason - let alone a cough - are wussies, who cares. I'd rather have those fans disappointed in him for going on the DL than fans that are disappointed in his terrible results right now.
    Yea and that's a big if.....Again im not necessarily disagreeing with you but the truth is nobody knows if the illness if affecting his production or if it is his usual April-May suckage.

Also, I am just sick of certain people on here being constantly negative. I try and ignore it but damn.....it feels like Ive woken up one morning and the entire Yankees organization has turned into the NY Mets farm team or something.

Yup, the Yankees are a Mets farm team talent-wise. That is definitely what everyone has been saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Yup, the Yankees are a Mets farm team talent-wise. That is definitely what everyone has been saying.
    Maybe you should read twice before responding.....I never said that....stop hijacking conversations when you have nothing to contribute.

I clearly stated that the negativity is overwhelming. If you don't sense that on this thread then I don't know what to tell you.

Yea and that's a big if.....Again im not necessarily disagreeing with you but the truth is nobody knows if the illness if affecting his production or if it is his usual April-May suckage.

Also, I am just sick of certain people on here being constantly negative. I try and ignore it but damn.....it feels like Ive woken up one morning and the entire Yankees organization has turned into the NY Mets farm team or something.
    What I don't understand is what people should be saying relating to Tex right now. You and others say we shouldn't be 'constantly negative'. Well, then that means not commenting on him. He's been HORRIBLE except for maybe three or four games this year. Are we supposed to not comment on what's wrong with him, or where he should bat in the lineup, or at what point do you tihnk about trading him?

He's a major piece of this team. He makes about 12% of the payroll and hits fifth. Both now and in the future he is figuring to be a big time problem. What do you want people to say?

If people jumped all over Granderson or Jeter or Swisher or Cano after a handful of bad games or whatever, I'd see your point about excessive negativity. But thjis is a forum to discuss his performance. What do you want people to say?

Maybe you should read twice before responding.....I never said that....stop hijacking conversations when you have nothing to contribute.

I clearly stated that the negativity is overwhelming. If you don't sense that on this thread then I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah you did.

Also, it's a public message board. There is nothing to hijack. If you're looking to post with nobody allowed to respond to what you say, I suggest you start a blog & disable the comments section.

Yeah you did.

Also, it's a public message board. There is nothing to hijack. If you're looking to post with nobody allowed to respond to what you say, I suggest you start a blog & disable the comments section.
    Thank you for shooting yourself in the foot there. You have nothing productive to say and thats cool man.....you can continue to be negative. If negativity is your forte then I suggest you switch your fan base to the one in Boston....You would fit right in!!!!

lol what? Is this guy serious?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    What I don't understand is what people should be saying relating to Tex right now. You and others say we shouldn't be 'constantly negative'. Well, then that means not commenting on him. He's been HORRIBLE except for maybe three or four games this year. Are we supposed to not comment on what's wrong with him, or where he should bat in the lineup, or at what point do you tihnk about trading him?

He's a major piece of this team. He makes about 12% of the payroll and hits fifth. Both now and in the future he is figuring to be a big time problem. What do you want people to say?

If people jumped all over Granderson or Jeter or Swisher or Cano after a handful of bad games or whatever, I'd see your point about excessive negativity. But thjis is a forum to discuss his performance. What do you want people to say?
    I have never once said that Tex should not be criticized. In fact I even agreed with the point earlier of dropping him in the line up. The problem is not even with Tex's performance anymore. The problem is this forum being invaded by overwhelming negativity and certain posters who only add to conversations when they want to complain or look cool by arguing for the sake of it.

I joined this forum because it has some quality posters on here who provide some great insight and perspective...unfortunately I have noticed that it has been taken over by some folks who love wallowing in their sorrow. I don't even care if anyone agrees or disagrees with this because its my observation. Love this forum and some of the posts and I will continue to visit it but Im not going to stand for some of the nonsense being posted on here. As Snapple mentioned earlier this Thread is devoid of facts.

lol what? Is this guy serious?
    Best believe it homeboy

Btw vast difference between calling the Yankees the Mets farm team and saying that I feel that way due to the negativity on this forum.

You say that I should read twice before responding. The irony here is delicious.

Also, "homeboy"...really?

Thread Information