Re: 2012 Mark Teixeira Performance Thread

I'd trade him for Giambi now.

mmm i would do it too. then get that cuban dude who hits like bonds
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Overrated.

2009 will be his last/best all around year.

how is he overrated when a majority are steadily on his ass these days about not being what he was signed to be?

I still believe Tex is going to be fine. Just keep it in mind.

hopefully adrian gonzalez continues to pull a teixeira for some solace.

Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    how is he overrated when a majority are steadily on his ass these days about not being what he was signed to be?
    Read the posts. I got lambasted recently for saying he's only a slightly above average player. Personally, I think I was guilty of overrating him actually. But people jumped all over me for saying that he was only a little better than average.

I think it's because you're content beating the same drum over and over again, while the some of us look and say there are certainly worse than him. And he is above average.

But, tonight was the whole offense. His last ab (i think it was the K), that change up would have been a strike if he hadn't swung at it.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Read the posts. I got lambasted recently for saying he's only a slightly above average player. Personally, I think I was guilty of overrating him actually. But people jumped all over me for saying that he was only a little better than average.
    he's not slightly above average over his career. your argument is stupid.

whether the rest of the contract has value is a different question.
    always reasonable

are you reading the posts?

almost no one is claiming he's some mega-stud and most are pissed that he's playing the way he is now.

just because some of those people step away from that frustration to occasionally defend him against unfair criticisms doesn't mean he's overrated, as they themselves really aren't rating him all that highly in the first place these days.

That last part is pretty fair. No one is exactly claiming he's the next messiah or anything. (well, I might be)

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    he's not slightly above average over his career. your argument is stupid.

whether the rest of the contract has value is a different question.
    I didn't say his career was slightly above average. the guy has over 300 home runs, so obviously it's not a slightly above average career. I said as a player now he is slightly above average. And you were among those who disagreed and were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    are you reading the posts?

almost no one is claiming he's some mega-stud and most are pissed that he's playing the way he is now.

just because some of those people step away from that frustration to occasionally defend him against unfair criticisms doesn't mean he's overrated, as they themselves really aren't rating him all that highly in the first place these days.
    Okay, so how would you classify Mark Teixeira? Way above average? Do you REALLY believe that?

almost 40 bombs and elite defense? yeah, I'll say above average.

I didn't say his career was slightly above average. the guy has over 300 home runs, so obviously it's not a slightly above average career. I said as a player now he is slightly above average. And you were among those who disagreed and were wrong.
    when you say MARK TEIXIERA IS SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE you are talking about the entire ................ing player. the goalpost is right here.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

I could care less about his "classification." Rather, he occupies an important spot in the Yankee line-up and the Yankees need for him to get his HR/RBI bat going...period.

when you say MARK TEIXIERA IS SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE you are talking about the entire ................ing player. the goalpost is right here.
    I don't even know what this means.

if you want to say mark teixiera right now is... you always append right now, unless the context is absolutely set up so that no one can misunderstand.

if you don't understand what this means then just stop posting
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I could care less about his "classification." Rather, he occupies an important spot in the Yankee line-up and the Yankees need for him to get his HR/RBI bat going...period.
    Agreed. I think Messer said something about needing a lineup change. While I'm not sure if he was joking, I agree.

if you want to say mark teixiera right now is... you always append right now, unless the context is absolutely set up so that no one can misunderstand.

if you don't understand what this means then just stop posting
    For the past two plus years, he's a slightly above average player. Does that work for you?

NYYF Legend

For the past two plus years, he's a slightly above average player. Does that work for you?
    He has been entrenched in the middle of the Yankee line-up ever since 09 and he has been a key HR/RBI bat every year. It's not like we are talking about Alvaro Espinoza here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    He has been entrenched in the middle of the Yankee line-up ever since 09 and he has been a key HR/RBI bat every year. It's not like we are talking about Alvaro Espinoza here.
    Yeah, he's entrenched all right.

And yes, he's better than Alvaro Espinoza by a long shot.

Apparently he's been battling bronchitis for a week. He wasn't making excuses, but I can't blame him. I just had a bout with that and I could barely do anything. Granted, I'm in nowhere near the shape he is in.

Let's hope he lights up against the Royals.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Apparently he's been battling bronchitis for a week. He wasn't making excuses, but I can't blame him. I just had a bout with that and I could barely do anything. Granted, I'm in nowhere near the shape he is in.

There's always something. Now he's sick. In 2010 and 2011, he was said to simply be 'unlucky'.

He's a slow starter, or otherwise his numbers would be good. The postseason is too small a sample size. they put a shift on him. It's rainy a lot when he hits. It's cold. Global warming. Fibonacci patterns. the melting ice caps. Solar flares and asteroids coming close to the earth.

It's always SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post

Sauce? Makes some sense as a week ago or so he was playing very well.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Thread Information