David Douglas, WR, Arizona
    Stephen Goodin, OG, Nebraska-Kearney
    Janzen Jackson, FS, McNee State
    Joe Martinek, FB, Rutgers
    D'Angelo McCray, OG, Memphis
    JoJo Nicolas, FS, Miami
    Adwale Ojomo, DE, Miami
    Julian Tailey, WR, U Mass

There's a lot of talent on that list. TE Adrien Robinson intrigue's me. With help from TE coach Pope I think he can be an all-pro TE. Janzen Jackson concerns me a little. He's talented, but his past off the field issues is concerning.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2012 New York Giants Thread

Like the first 3 picks, although Hosley better clean up his act. Smoking weed before the combine shows not only poor judgement, but stupidity.
    Robinson is big and fast, and maybe Pope can mold him into a player.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Like the first 3 picks, although Hosley better clean up his act. Smoking weed before the combine shows not only poor judgement, but stupidity.
    Robinson is big and fast, and maybe Pope can mold him into a player.
    The other guy is OG D'Angelo McCray. He's a hard worker and big dude who projects to be a good run blocker. I can see him rise up the ranks in a small amount of time.

NYYF Legend

I trust the draft team so I'll just hope it works out, but kind of surprised not one LB drafted.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I haven't bought a jersey in a long time. The last one I got was an Amani Toomer old Giants road jersey with the blue outline's numbers. I recall the replica jerseys being about $65-70. I went to buy a JPP Nike one and they were $99. Did Nike really jack up the price or am I just out of touch?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I haven't bought a jersey in a long time. The last one I got was an Amani Toomer old Giants road jersey with the blue outline's numbers. I recall the replica jerseys being about $65-70. I went to buy a JPP Nike one and they were $99. Did Nike really jack up the price or am I just out of touch?
    The $100 range is right around what I've seen them for. Although they can usually be found cheaper online.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I trust the draft team so I'll just hope it works out, but kind of surprised not one LB drafted.
    Watching them manage their roster year in and year out, I feel like it's an allocation thing where they feel like their resources are better spent on DL and on safeties/corners. It's odd for those of us who have followed them since their defense was led by linebacker play, but it seems like the same thing every year, and the next thing you know Chase Blackburn is pulled out of a HS classroom to play in a Super Bowl. Hard to argue with their track record.

NYYF Legend

Things change of course, but right now I'm very encouraged by what the Giants have done, coming off a Super Bowl win. They lose Jacobs and draft a RB who was not only productive, but has a lot of upside and whose faults can be addressed with good coaching. They lose Manningham and draft a guy whom many considered a round 1 or early round 2 talent with size and good hands. They get a ball hawk CB in the 3rd round who led the nation in INTs the year before. They get a guy who can return Kickoffs and a guy who can return Punts. They get a TE with little experience but huge measurables (size and speed) who can develop under Pope. They get needed OL depth, and don't forget they got Keith Rivers for a 5th rounder, and signed Bennett, who will also benefit from Pope's guidance. Coming back at hopefully full speed is Prince, Terrell Thomas, and Austin, plus the kid LBs and Joseph will have a year of experience under their belts, and JPP can only get better (a frightening thought for opposing OTs). If Tuck can stay healthy and Osi have a monster walk year, and Eli continue to prove his "eliteness". this team can make another run at it, despite the tough schedule. The issue is always health of course, but that applies to every team.

NYYF Cy Young

Things change of course, but right now I'm very encouraged by what the Giants have done, coming off a Super Bowl win. They lose Jacobs and draft a RB who was not only productive, but has a lot of upside and whose faults can be addressed with good coaching. They lose Manningham and draft a guy whom many considered a round 1 or early round 2 talent with size and good hands. They get a ball hawk CB in the 3rd round who led the nation in INTs the year before. They get a guy who can return Kickoffs and a guy who can return Punts. They get a TE with little experience but huge measurables (size and speed) who can develop under Pope. They get needed OL depth, and don't forget they got Keith Rivers for a 5th rounder, and signed Bennett, who will also benefit from Pope's guidance. Coming back at hopefully full speed is Prince, Terrell Thomas, and Austin, plus the kid LBs and Joseph will have a year of experience under their belts, and JPP can only get better (a frightening thought for opposing OTs). If Tuck can stay healthy and Osi have a monster walk year, and Eli continue to prove his "eliteness". this team can make another run at it, despite the tough schedule. The issue is always health of course, but that applies to every team.
    They have play makers in every position IMO. And with this coaching staff, player development, front office and team philosophy I really believe this team has 1, possibly 2, more super bowls in them. Barring injury of course which is the unknown.

I hope they repeat. That's the only thing this franchise has never done.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post

I hope they repeat. That's the only thing this franchise has never done.
    Thanks to Plax. I was convinced they were going to win in 2008 again until he went to that club.

NYYF Legend

Thanks to Plax. I was convinced they were going to win in 2008 again until he went to that club.
    Yeah they looked good. The run game ended when the vertical threat shot himself in the leg. But that team also got riddled with injuries at LB if I rememebr right (I may have it confused witha different year) and may or may not have made it back w/ or w/o Plax.

Still for the SB the year before I can't be mad at Plax, even if what he did was the height of stupidity.

No doubts they at least make it to the SB again. With Plax, they beat the Eagles in the playoffs. After that they would have been home vs Arizona in the NFCCG, and there is no way that Arizona team wins a playoff game on the road in cold weather.

Good analysis. At first glance, it does appear they have upgraded the talent on the roster at the skill positions. I think the O Line is still a pretty big question mark but Flaherty has proven he can mix and match pieces and have success, coupled with the fact that Eli is at the point in his career where he can feel the pocket around him and get rid of the rock if necessary.

I think Rivers, Bennett and Austin will be huge for this team. If Rivers can get healthy, he could pay off huge for essentially only a 5th rounder and really help the LB unit. Bennett I like a lot and think he can be a big contributor in the passing attack. Austin is the biggest wild card for me. Remember he was tabbed as an early first rounder before the suspension and the character issues cropped up. The guy hasn't played the game in over two seasons. Reese even said he has no idea what to expect from him. If he's a usable part on that line, it makes the whole unit so much deeper. That's what we've got to hope for.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland View Post
    Good analysis. At first glance, it does appear they have upgraded the talent on the roster at the skill positions. I think the O Line is still a pretty big question mark but Flaherty has proven he can mix and match pieces and have success, coupled with the fact that Eli is at the point in his career where he can feel the pocket around him and get rid of the rock if necessary.

I think Rivers, Bennett and Austin will be huge for this team. If Rivers can get healthy, he could pay off huge for essentially only a 5th rounder and really help the LB unit. Bennett I like a lot and think he can be a big contributor in the passing attack. Austin is the biggest wild card for me. Remember he was tabbed as an early first rounder before the suspension and the character issues cropped up. The guy hasn't played the game in over two seasons. Reese even said he has no idea what to expect from him. If he's a usable part on that line, it makes the whole unit so much deeper. That's what we've got to hope for.
    In terms of personnel the only concern is OL. Snee needs a bounce back year. Baas needs to up his game and stay healthy. Moving Diehl away from LT is smart but Beatty needs to stay on the field too. I'd like to see both Boothe and Petrus get shots at starting this season. As for Brewer and the others, I don't know what to expect.

NYYF Cy Young

In terms of personnel the only concern is OL. Snee needs a bounce back year. Baas needs to up his game and stay healthy. Moving Diehl away from LT is smart but Beatty needs to stay on the field too. I'd like to see both Boothe and Petrus get shots at starting this season. As for Brewer and the others, I don't know what to expect.
    My gut feel is the OLine starters will be:

Deihl RT
    Beatty LT
    Bass C
    Snee LG
    Boothe RG

My gut feel is the OLine starters will be:

Deihl RT
    Beatty LT
    Bass C
    Snee LG
    Boothe RG
    Why would Snee move to left?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Why would Snee move to left?
    oops....I meant:

Deihl RT
    Beatty LT
    Bass C
    Snee RG
    Boothe LG

I'm hoping Brewer can step up at RT and kick Diehl to the bench, where he can be "solid" depth.

I know he had broken hand for the last couple months, is a warrior, great guy, etc., but he stunk at both LG and LT even before the injury and I don't think Beatty/Boothe is going to be good enough (like McKenzie/Snee were on the other side of DD, at the OL's peak) for the Giants to again consistently send help his way.

e: PFF is doing their own version of a top 100 players and, while their grades are still sketchy, YMMV, their write-up on Eli hits on a lot of why his season was so impressive.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    That skit, and the courtroom skit, were funny. The rest..meh.

he acquitted himself surprisingly well compared to most athletes that have hosted (and some "actors" too, for that matter), but I have no idea how the current SNL writing staff is still employed.

That skit, and the courtroom skit, were funny. The rest..meh.
    I thought the EA Sports sketch was pretty good.

NYYF Cy Young

Justin Tuck at the Rangers vs. Capitals Game 5:

"I can't believe what I just saw! Unbelievable heart"

"I literally just passed out screaming after that goal. Omg, I have a headache."

https://twitter.com/#!/justintucknyg91

Awesome!!!

Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

Justin Tuck at the Rangers vs. Capitals Game 5:

"I can't believe what I just saw! Unbelievable heart"

"I literally just passed out screaming after that goal. Omg, I have a headache."

https://twitter.com/#!/justintucknyg91

Awesome!!!
    that is very cool.

Osi just joined twitter last week and it's funny to read their tweets to each other....

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    that is very cool.

Osi just joined twitter last week and it's funny to read their tweets to each other....

Bass & Beckum at the Rangers game 5 also. Go Blue!!!

Thread Information