+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 ... LastLast
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: 2012 New York Giants Thread

Funny how the guys who had two of the five best catches in Super Bowl history ended up being the last catch as a Giant.

Last time the Giants won the Super Bowl, the Jets got Favre. I sense a trend. Giants win Super Bowls. Jets get over-hyped quarterbacks.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

I'll take it

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Last time the Giants won the Super Bowl, the Jets got Favre. I sense a trend. Giants win Super Bowls. Jets get over-hyped quarterbacks.
    LOL LOL.

Well, if the Jets wanted to "steal" headlines from the Giants they certainly achieved it today......for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I thought the chaos was bad last year for the Jets, I cant wait till Sanchize throws his first pick, they are going to be screaming for Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    LOL LOL.

Well, if the Jets wanted to "steal" headlines from the Giants they certainly achieved it today......for all the wrong reasons.
    They can have all these type of headlines they want.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...c-defying-move

The attention-seeking Jets couldn't get Peyton Manning, so they take the next-best quarterback in terms of generating buzz. Sometimes you wonder if they're more concerned with back pages than victories. Hey, if we can't get a phenomenal quarterback, let's grab a quarterback phenomenon.

The risk far exceeds the potential upside. At best, the Jets get a change-of-pace quarterback who can run the Wildcat a few times per game, gain 20 or 30 yards and cause a small headache for the defense. At worst, they get a divisive quarterback controversy that undermines incumbent Mark Sanchez.

It doesn't make sense from a salary-cap/roster management standpoint. First of all, they just gave Drew Stanton a $500,000 signing bonus to be the No. 2 QB. If they were interested in Tebow -- and they had to know he'd be available if Manning landed in Denver -- why not hold off a few days? They just wasted $500,000 that could've been spent elsewhere.

More waste: They gave up fourth- and sixth-round round picks, and they're paying $1.1 million in salary, for a specialty player that doesn't play special teams and probably won't be on the field more than a dozen snaps per game. At least Brad Smith, the Jets' old Wildcat, contributed in other roles.

As soon as Sanchez has a bad game, the Tebow-maniacs -- and the converts -- will be screaming for a quarterback change. It won't be an every-so-often thing. It will become the soundtrack of the Jets' season. Sanchez will have to be Tom Brady to keep the crowd on his side. Change isn't a bad thing if the new guy is better, but Tebow doesn't have the passing skills to be a long-term answer. Just ask John Elway. This will put a lot of pressure on Rex Ryan, who will be in charge of trying to manage the madness.

Contract language getting in the way of the trade...damn, oh well.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    If losing the headlines means the Giants win more Super Bowls.....Let the Jets have every back page and headline NY offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I don't miss Shockey's inconsistent play or his prima donna antics, but I'm kind of surprised at Toomer throwing him under the bus like that.
    Shockey must have been an extra special brand of idiot (using a nice word) for Toomer to say that.

NYYF Triple Crown

That's cold.....

That's cold.....
    Not really. It's one of the dumbest moves I can remember. Makes zero football sense.

Got to love the Post.

Got to love the Post.
    No I don't.

NYYF Legend

Got to love the Post.
    Part of one of the biggest criminal enterprises on the planet. Don't gotta love it at all.

NYYF Triple Crown

Big Pro Day Lands Coby Fleener on Giants' First-Round Radar

Of the number of Stanford stars present at the pro day, tight end Coby Fleener may have had the finest performance of all, and as Pro Football Talk reports, the 6'6", 247-pound senior wowed scouts, coaches and the media with his speed and athleticism in Palo Alto.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...st-round-radar

Interesting. The kid has good hand and is pretty fast if the clocks were accurate- 4.45 40 yard dash! Don't know how well he blocks though.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

NYYF Legend

Big Pro Day Lands Coby Fleener on Giants' First-Round Radar

Of the number of Stanford stars present at the pro day, tight end Coby Fleener may have had the finest performance of all, and as Pro Football Talk reports, the 6'6", 247-pound senior wowed scouts, coaches and the media with his speed and athleticism in Palo Alto.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...st-round-radar

Interesting. The kid has good hand and is pretty fast if the clocks were accurate- 4.45 40 yard dash! Don't know how well he blocks though.
    Giants just signed Bennett. I don;t know if they're looking for a TE in the 1st round anymore.

NYYF Triple Crown

Giants owner tweaks Jets over Tebow news conference

Is the Big Apple big enough for both the Super Bowl champion New York Giants and Tim Tebow?

That was the question posed to Giants owner John Mara on Sunday at the NFL Annual Meeting. He responded with a pointed tweak of the New York Jets.
    "I don't know," Mara told Newsday, "but the David Carr press conference will be tomorrow, too."
    Zing. When a reporter from ESPN caught up with Jets owner Woody Johnson and relayed Mara's comment, a displeased Johnson replied, "Well, that's pretty interesting."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

LOL LOL....Revenge is a meal best served cold.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

I normally prefer the teams I root for to rise above the fray, but the Jets have been taking shots at the Giants for years now and, mostly, they deserve to be laughed at, non-stop, for this Tebow stupidity.

re: Fleener. the Giants did send their TE guru to his pro-day to check him out. I doubt he'll be there for them to pick, but a one year deal to a guy who was all but a bust as a pass catcher in Dallas shouldn't stop them from taking a potential weapon like that. he could be everything they once wanted Beckum to be and more out of a non-H-Back spot.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    I normally prefer the teams I root for to rise above the fray, but the Jets have been taking shots at the Giants for years now and, mostly, they deserve to be laughed at, non-stop, for this Tebow stupidity.

re: Fleener. the Giants did send their TE guru to his pro-day to check him out. I doubt he'll be there for them to pick, but a one year deal to a guy who was all but a bust as a pass catcher in Dallas shouldn't stop them from taking a potential weapon like that. he could be everything they once wanted Beckum to be and more out of a non-H-Back spot.
    +1. I said it after they beat the Jets on Christmas eve and again after the super bowl. They deserve the crow they are eating right now.

NYYF Triple Crown

Giants awarded an additional draft pick

The Giants will receive a compensatory fourth round selection in the NFL Draft next month.

The pick will be the 36th in the round and the 131st overall.

The NFL today announced that 15 teams have been awarded a total of 32 compensatory choices in the 2012 draft, which will be held April 26-28. Baltimore was awarded the 130th selection, while Green Bay will have the two choices immediately after the Giants’ compensatory pick.

Under the rules for compensatory draft selections, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks.

In 2011, the Giants signed free agents David Baas and Steve Weatherford but lost Steve Smith, Kevin Boss and Barry Cofield.

The number of picks a team receives equals the net loss of compensatory free agents up to a maximum of four. The 32 compensatory choices announced today will supplement the 221 choices in the seven rounds of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.

With their compensatory selection, the Giants will have eight picks in the 2012 draft.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...1-d2c3f0864bde

Use those picks right, Reese.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Giants awarded an additional draft pick

The Giants will receive a compensatory fourth round selection in the NFL Draft next month.

The pick will be the 36th in the round and the 131st overall.

The NFL today announced that 15 teams have been awarded a total of 32 compensatory choices in the 2012 draft, which will be held April 26-28. Baltimore was awarded the 130th selection, while Green Bay will have the two choices immediately after the Giants’ compensatory pick.

Under the rules for compensatory draft selections, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks.

In 2011, the Giants signed free agents David Baas and Steve Weatherford but lost Steve Smith, Kevin Boss and Barry Cofield.

The number of picks a team receives equals the net loss of compensatory free agents up to a maximum of four. The 32 compensatory choices announced today will supplement the 221 choices in the seven rounds of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.

With their compensatory selection, the Giants will have eight picks in the 2012 draft.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...1-d2c3f0864bde

Use those picks right, Reese.
    That's a nice gift, the year after winning a Super Bowl. Says a lot about the decisions Reese made last year

Too cruel to actually post in the Jets thread so I am here to share some laughs with Giants fans.

PS: I actually think getting Tebow was a good FOOTBALL move in light of Sanchez's lolness and Jets inability to suck for Luck/anyone decent.

Thread Information