+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Renewing player contracts

So it looks like GDR has updated to the next year's contracts (so players with who signed a 2-year contract in 2011 are down to 1 year now). This is a problem, as we're meant to be able to extend up to 2 players whose contracts are expiring for a maximum of 1 more year each. When you open your roster, however, those players won't be available to extend.

EDIT- I missed this! On your 'Contracts' page, there's a button at the top called 'Extend Contracts' - once everyone's joined the league, this will be enabled, and it shows a list of players who were signed to 1-year deals and will now hit free agency if you don't extend them. I thought they'd thrown out that information. Panic over.

BUT! It's not at the same salary as next year, necessarily. For example, I had Cole Hamels at 1Y/$6.5M or similar, but it'll cost me $10M to extend him for 2012.

Crap.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

Re: Renewing player contracts

Yeah, any player whose contract expired (and is eligible for extension) will have new salary demands for the extension (based on previous year's performance) because the player won't be open to negotiate with all owners so it compensates for the lack of salary for one year.

NYYF Legend

It seems to work; I've just extended Ivan Nova.

Which brings me to another point - anyone wanting to trade for Nova, ideally before the FAB, please get in touch. He's signed for 1 year, $2m. I'm looking for a top-50 prospect in return, but I'll listen to anyone with a good, cheap OF. Just don't have much money left!

I'll also consider trading Zimmerman, who's also signed for 1Y/$2m. Or, if someone wants Cole Hamels for 1 year, $10m, I could use my remaining contractextension on him and then trade him. If you've got someone to deal, get in touch.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Triple Crown

I could in with no problem yesterday; today however I am completely locked out. Argh.

Iowa Yankee

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post
    It seems to work; I've just extended Ivan Nova.

Which brings me to another point - anyone wanting to trade for Nova, ideally before the FAB, please get in touch. He's signed for 1 year, $2m. I'm looking for a top-50 prospect in return, but I'll listen to anyone with a good, cheap OF. Just don't have much money left!

I'll also consider trading Zimmerman, who's also signed for 1Y/$2m. Or, if someone wants Cole Hamels for 1 year, $10m, I could use my remaining contractextension on him and then trade him. If you've got someone to deal, get in touch.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Tried to PM you, but your inbox is full...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rodg12 View Post
    Tried to PM you, but your inbox is full...
    Sorry - fixed.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Legend

One of Hanson ($6.5m/2Y) and Garcia ($5.5m/1Y) still available for the right deal . . .

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Legend

From a forum discussion, guidelines on when prospects become more expensive to sign to MLB contracts:

0.5M becomes 1.0M above 49.9% owned and 149 career FPs
    1.0M becomes 1.5M above 59.2% owned and 249 career FPs
    1.5M becomes 2.0M above 66.3% owned and 349 career FPs
    2.0M becomes 2.5M above 72.1% owned and 449 career FPs

Hope that helps (there's also some suggestion that a prospect in their final year of team control will only sign a 2-year contract, but I'm not clear on that one . . .)

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Thread Information