+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mlbtv

Mlbtv

Has anybody else have trouble accessing games via mlbtv. com. I went on and tried watching a game yesterday, I got sound from a game but no video. So I logged out and logged back in, and I got video from the game. But when I went to switch games, I got the black screen again. I had to log off and log back in to watch that game. Bizzare!

Also, the MLBTV Support Forum is down which I find suspect and juvenile.

try it yourself and notice the word ''error'' on the link

http://mlb.mlb.com/help/supportforum/mlbtv_error.jsp

Any info that you can give will be appreciated.

Addicted Member

Re: Mlbtv

No problem here in NC. But I couldn't watch games via my Samsung TV yesterday. Kept getting an error message. So I called the help desk and learned that MLB.TV played on or thru Samsung devices (TVs and BluRay players) will not be available until March 20th. MLB.TV via Roku will be available "later in the month". No issues with it on my laptop, however. FYI Yanks at Phillies is on the MLB Network right now with the Phillies TV feed.

I can get the yanks phills game,but I can't close that game and go to another game without getting a blank screen when I return.

Addicted Member

Not sure if this will help. It's from the Technical FAQs on the web site. If it doesn't help, call them.

When I click on the game link, the Media Player window opens, but the player screen is blank. What should I do?

First, make sure you have Adobe Flash Player installed, which you can download here. If you have any Internet Security Programs (e.g., Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee), Firewalls or add-ons (e.g., Adblock Plus) that include an Ad-Block feature, you may need to either disable the Ad-Block feature or disable the program entirely. In addition to Adblock Plus, other Firefox add-ons which can prevent the media player from loading properly are Flashblock and NoScript. If you are having problems with the Media Player and have these add-ons installed, disable or uninstall them.
    You may also be behind a firewall that is stopping the content. To receive MLB.com content, we recommend setting MLB.com as a trusted site in your firewall software. Please consult the Help section of your firewall software for further support.
    If you are still having problems you may need to disable your firewall software or find out if your network (especially if you are in an office) prevents MLB.com or MLB.com features (such as videos) from loading.
    DISCLAIMER REGARDING CHANGING YOUR COMPUTER'S CONFIGURATION:

Any change you make to your configurations is at your own risk. In no event shall MLB.com or any other MLB entity be responsible or liable for any damage, failure, interruption or error to your computer, software and/or operating system with respect to any changes made based on the above suggested configurations.

I can get the game with no problem if I logout and log back in. The problem is when I switch to other games I get blank screen. I have to log out and log back in to check another game which is screwy. It wasn't that way last season. I don't think it's a firewall problem and why is the mlbtv support forum down? Like Zepplin said, it makes you wonder.

Addicted Member

Call Customer Support:

866-800-1275

NYYF Cy Young

It could be a bug on MLBAM's side too... they tweak the system every off season and can't really test it at a full scale until Spring Training when thousands of people are viewing at once.

NYYF Legend

the blank screen issue happened to me on the first game of ST which was on Saturday 1pm. I was watching on TV but decided to check to make sure my account is working so I logged in and got the same bizarre treatment you got on my Firefox (audio but no video). Couldn't see if it was just the MLB feed since there were no other games. I tried later by the 7th inning or so and it worked fine video and audio. I later checked on Sunday too and it worked fine.

I've had MLBTV for 2 seasons now and its always worked perfectly so I'm guessing its something new they are trying.

Unrelated but on Cablevision on MLBN and YES the signal sometimes screwed up on Saturday and Monday's games too. I'm guessing its the satelite feed. It would pixelate then freeze for like 1-2 mins then be fine
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    Unrelated but on Cablevision on MLBN and YES the signal sometimes screwed up on Saturday and Monday's games too. I'm guessing its the satelite feed. It would pixelate then freeze for like 1-2 mins then be fine
    It's wasn't the satellite feed because MLB.tv showed the broadcast, so it was whatever converted the signal to be shown on TV. FYI, if this happens in the future, it's usually isolated to the HD feed so if you switch to the SD Channel, it will be okay.

It seems to be working now. I can switch between games with no problem. But they,mlbtv, should be honest and NOT shut down their support forum and say we are aware of the problem and we are working on it, please be patience with us. But NOO, they try to pin the problem at your end which is totally uncalled for.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

NYYF Legend

had the same problem today, if you are a premium subscriber, toggle the video quality down a bit since all the ST games are not in HD
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    had the same problem today, if you are a premium subscriber, toggle the video quality down a bit since all the ST games are not in HD
    Same here, but was unsure if it was the public Internet connection I was using.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    It could be a bug on MLBAM's side too... they tweak the system every off season and can't really test it at a full scale until Spring Training when thousands of people are viewing at once.
    Spring Training games are tests all around for us.

I get it that spring training is a time to work out the bugs and such. But be honset about it and don't place the blame on you like saying you need to switch to the Google Crome-sp browser,etc. when you call customer support which is a load of crap. Also, why is the MLBTV support forum still down on the net? It makes you wonder.

Does anyone else still have problems accessing the mlbtv support forum?

Addicted Member

No problems at all.

NYYF Legend

Has anyone had any experience mirroring games from your iPad to a TV? If that can be done then I am officially switching from EI to MLB.tv.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeNYYFan View Post
    No problems at all.
    What's the link that you are using to get to it?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Has anyone had any experience mirroring games from your iPad to a TV? If that can be done then I am officially switching from EI to MLB.tv.
    ===
    It won't work on iPad 1. I've tried. It will work on version 2, and apparently on the new version 3.

Another option to consider. I bought AppleTV ($99). That works great with mlb.tv. I've already used it this spring.
    [IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1401/nyybofs0.th.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchoNYY View Post
    Another option to consider. I bought AppleTV ($99). That works great with mlb.tv. I've already used it this spring.
    WDTV live also supports MLB.tv. Also $99.

I don't know how Apple TV works, but since it's Apple I would imagine a bunch of DRM restrictions on content and what formats it will play in regards to video and music.

WDTV live has played anything I've thrown at it without issue.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchoNYY View Post
    ===
    It won't work on iPad 1. I've tried. It will work on version 2, and apparently on the new version 3.

Thanks for the info. I have the iPad 2 so hopefully it will work. I also have Apple TV but that only gives me access to MLB.tv on one television set. I also want to be able to watch games on my TV in the basement.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    WDTV live also supports MLB.tv. Also $99.

I don't know how Apple TV works, but since it's Apple I would imagine a bunch of DRM restrictions on content and what formats it will play in regards to video and music.

WDTV live has played anything I've thrown at it without issue.
    You can also use a Roku, which if you don't have other Apple products (especially an iPad for AirPlay), is actually better than Apple TV because there's a lot more free movies with Crackle, HBO GO, etc. Also MLB.TV is on PS3 and XBox.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    What's the link that you are using to get to it?
    I use the "Support Forum" link on the MLB.com Media Center web page (where the daily game schedules are posted). Lots of good info on the forums, including the launch dates for various media players and devices.

On the rare occasions in the past when I've had to call customer support, they were quick to answer my call and resolve any issue I was having.

I sent the note below to customer service. I thought someone who actually has the mlbtv/audio package might have some insight about the problem that I am having. Thoughts on my stituation would be appreciated. Thank You
    Dear Sirs,
    I have been unable to access the mlbtv/audio support forum since the spring training games started on March 3rd.

I use Windows XP and use I.E.8 as a browser. Then I tried to get to the support forum via my father's computer, he uses Windows 7 and I.E. 8 or 9 and I get the same error message that I get on my computer which is http://mlb.mlb.com/help/supportforum/mlbtv_error.jsp
    ,it should be http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-help01

Could it be a our I.P. address was corrupted? If so, what can be do to fix the problem?

I was refered to use the message.boards@mlb.com to get help. I have written that address twice now with no response from anyone. Once again, I can not call customer support due to a disabilty. I would like it very much if someone can me by email.

Thanks

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    I sent the note below to customer service. I thought someone who actually has the mlbtv/audio package might have some insight about the problem that I am having. Thoughts on my stituation would be appreciated. Thank You
    Dear Sirs,
    I have been unable to access the mlbtv/audio support forum since the spring training games started on March 3rd.

I use Windows XP and use I.E.8 as a browser. Then I tried to get to the support forum via my father's computer, he uses Windows 7 and I.E. 8 or 9 and I get the same error message that I get on my computer which is http://mlb.mlb.com/help/supportforum/mlbtv_error.jsp
    ,it should be http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-help01

Could it be a our I.P. address was corrupted? If so, what can be do to fix the problem?

I was refered to use the message.boards@mlb.com to get help. I have written that address twice now with no response from anyone. Once again, I can not call customer support due to a disabilty. I would like it very much if someone can me by email.

Thanks
    I had the same problem two years ago when I opted for only the audio broadcasts. The IP address had somehow been changed.
    Call them @ 866-800-1275 Cust Support reset and was fixed within minutes..
    Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly........

Thread Information