Closed Thread

Yanks' single-game tickets

The Yankees have announced that single game tickets go on sale to the general public on Saturday March 11th. So what does anyone know about pre-sales?

SORRY I NOW SEE THAT THIS WAS MARCH 11th, 2011. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE INFO ON SINGLE GAME TICKETS FOR 2012?

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...s_nyy&c_id=nyy

Re: Yanks' single-game tickets go on sale Saturday March 11

Sorry I see that this was Saturday March 11, 2011.

Has anyone heard anything about 2012?

Re: Yanks' single-game tickets

You should close this thread.

You are looked upon as a fool if you buy from TM or pay FV. You should only buy from SH(and only hours before the game).

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post

You are looked upon as a fool if you buy from TM or pay FV. You should only buy from SH(and only hours before the game).
    Correct.

Forum Regular

There are a number of people who travel to NYC and want to go to games......and prefer to purchase tickets ahead of their travels.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDJ7 View Post
    There are a number of people who travel to NYC and want to go to games......and prefer to purchase tickets ahead of their travels.
    OK.. so purchase ahead of time from Stubhub.

Anyone who buys from Ticketmaster for face value and pays TM's horrible fees, is out of touch with the game and marketplace that exists. I, personally, will never pay face value for a Yankee ticket again... at least until they pull their heads out of the sand and rethink their whole ticket strategy.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EJMUL View Post
    SORRY I NOW SEE THAT THIS WAS MARCH 11th, 2011. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE INFO ON SINGLE GAME TICKETS FOR 2012?
    Yeah, the link to purchase in 2012 can be found here:
    http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...=1#post7453670

The ticketmaster pages are not active yet, but will be probably as soon as next week

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Bouge View Post
    OK.. so purchase ahead of time from Stubhub.

Anyone who buys from Ticketmaster for face value and pays TM's horrible fees, is out of touch with the game and marketplace that exists. I, personally, will never pay face value for a Yankee ticket again... at least until they pull their heads out of the sand and rethink their whole ticket strategy.

I have to disagree with you!

I am willing to PAY full face value along with the fees for 10,000 tickets for Opening Day game - or any Boston games in August and October or weekend games in the summer. If they have those available in the CHEAP seats - I will take them all! Better yet, there are a TON of people willing to take ANYTHING in the $20-$30 range!

Stubhub is only good for CHEAPASS-die hard yankees fans! And it is nothing wrong with being cheap!

But chances are - as soon as Stubhub having tickets over-face values - bet alot will cry foul about MISSING out on TM when the tickets were on sale at FACE VALUE!

PS. I guess someone already did. Opening game tickets are selling at $85 each (fees included)! So back to your point, if you can get Opening game for face value plus fees - I will buy them from you + 15%! Or better yet, I want to see you can them at face value plus fees!

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2012-2009229/
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    I have to disagree with you!

I am willing to PAY full face value along with the fees for 10,000 tickets for Opening Day game - or any Boston games in August and October or weekend games in the summer. If they have those available in the CHEAP seats - I will take them all! Better yet, there are a TON of people willing to take ANYTHING in the $20-$30 range!

Stubhub is only good for CHEAPASS-die hard yankees fans! And it is nothing wrong with being cheap!

But chances are - as soon as Stubhub having tickets over-face values - bet alot will cry foul about MISSING out on TM when the tickets were on sale at FACE VALUE!

PS. I guess someone already did. Opening game tickets are selling at $85 each (fees included)! So back to your point, if you can get Opening game for face value plus fees - I will buy them from you + 15%! Or better yet, I want to see you can them at face value plus fees!

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2012-2009229/
    What?
    27-Time World Champions

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF View Post
    What?
    he's saying that it does make sense to buy from ticketmaster when it comes to premium games because those all go above face on the secondary market. Last year though, most of those came way down to face and below by the time the game came around. It's all a big waiting game

Mets, Red Sox and Opening Day I prefer to get thru ticketmaster at face value even if there are some fees. Even though sometimes the prices drop as you get closer to the game they still don't drop ridiculously below face value. I'm only talking for these particular opponents though.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    he's saying that it does make sense to buy from ticketmaster when it comes to premium games because those all go above face on the secondary market. Last year though, most of those came way down to face and below by the time the game came around. It's all a big waiting game
    It depends where you are coming from, of course. For me, I work in NYC so I will be able to do that for midweek games, but for premium games on the weekend, assuming it's a 1pm game, I'll have to get earlier than the day of the game to be able to get to the stadium on time. For people coming farther than me, that may apply to 7:00 games too.

check that stubhub listing... who but the yankees would have 23 , 26, and 27 tickets in a row...to sell..

The Yankees have announced that single game tickets go on sale to the general public on Saturday March 11th. So what does anyone know about pre-sales?

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...s_nyy&c_id=nyy
    Does anyone know how I can close this thread?

Does anyone know how I can close this thread?
    *poof*

By the way, yankeesfanatic's advice was right on the money. It makes sense to use TicketMaster for Opening Day, Old Timers' Day, games against the Sox and Mets and $5 games, if TMs fees are reasonable. StubHub offers the best deals for all other games.

Thread Information