+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 135 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3361
  1. #2751
    Member
    Trentonstew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Trenton, NJ

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Today was the first day that Stubhub was suppose to allow MLB listings for the 2014 season. There are already over 1300 seats listed for Opening Day. There are also over 27 listings with more than 10 seats available in a row. Someone is listing Terrace seats (non Jim Beam) at over $11,000 PER GAME!????? What's going on there?
    Last edited by Trentonstew; 11-18-13 at 05:55 PM. Reason: corrected misspelling

  2. #2752
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentonstew View Post
    Today was the first day that Stubhub was suppose to allow MLB listings for the 2014 season. There are already over 1300 seats listed for Opening Day. There are also over 27 listings with more than 10 seats available in a row. Someone is listing Terrace seats (non Jim Beam) at over $11,000 PER GAME!????? What's going on there?
    It's like stubhub never learns their lesson. All the Yankee games are open for listing, yet the latest in hand date you can choose is 7 days prior to the game. They know very well the Yankees won't release PDF tickets until 48 hours before. They're just asking for trouble and the same headaches as last season

  3. #2753

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentonstew View Post
    Today was the first day that Stubhub was suppose to allow MLB listings for the 2014 season. There are already over 1300 seats listed for Opening Day. There are also over 27 listings with more than 10 seats available in a row. Someone is listing Terrace seats (non Jim Beam) at over $11,000 PER GAME!????? What's going on there?
    I sometimes put a stupid price just because it makes listing the games easier. You can always adjust the price later.

  4. #2754
    Addicted Member
    YankeeSTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Section 420C

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    It's like stubhub never learns their lesson. All the Yankee games are open for listing, yet the latest in hand date you can choose is 7 days prior to the game. They know very well the Yankees won't release PDF tickets until 48 hours before. They're just asking for trouble and the same headaches as last season
    List as UPS delivery until 48 hours before and then switch to PDF if not sold.

  5. #2755
    Member
    Trentonstew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Trenton, NJ

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Nice job on the Yankees getting a jump on "Holiday Sales" for that "hard to shop for Yankee fan on your gift list". Instead of losing sales to stubhub this winter, people can buy *tickets directly from the Yankees starting black Friday and in time for cyber Monday! How many STH listed tickets early on SH to sell to the Holiday shoppers because people are willing to spend more if it is a gift ticket rather than for themselves. Now the SH prices will need to be ajusted downward. There are even six $5 dates!: April 9, 29, 30; May 1; June 3, 17.
    *only for April, May, & June. (NO OD) Must use mastercard.

  6. #2756
    Addicted Member
    YankeeSTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Section 420C

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentonstew View Post
    Nice job on the Yankees getting a jump on "Holiday Sales" for that "hard to shop for Yankee fan on your gift list". Instead of losing sales to stubhub this winter, people can buy *tickets directly from the Yankees starting black Friday and in time for cyber Monday! How many STH listed tickets early on SH to sell to the Holiday shoppers because people are willing to spend more if it is a gift ticket rather than for themselves. Now the SH prices will need to be ajusted downward. There are even six $5 dates!: April 9, 29, 30; May 1; June 3, 17.
    *only for April, May, & June. (NO OD) Must use mastercard.
    At least StubHub is up and running as a marketplace for Yankees tickets (thank you very much) while Yankee Ticket Exchange is not. Not such a "nice job" by the Yankees helping their STHs to sell their extra tickets early. Just another example of how the Yankees compete with their best customers instead of aligning with them. STHs should get the best pricing in their section for all games. I don't care if the Yankees sell a ticket for $5 or 50% off to someone who buys one game a year from them but then give that same $5 or 50% off price to the STH buyer who buys 81 games.

  7. #2757

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Yankee full STH can purchase additional game tickets at the full season ticket holder price through their Yankees Account. Started last year. Used it a few times last year for friends.

  8. #2758
    Member
    Trentonstew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Trenton, NJ

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    At least StubHub is up and running as a marketplace for Yankees tickets (thank you very much) while Yankee Ticket Exchange is not. Not such a "nice job" by the Yankees helping their STHs to sell their extra tickets early. Just another example of how the Yankees compete with their best customers instead of aligning with them. STHs should get the best pricing in their section for all games. I don't care if the Yankees sell a ticket for $5 or 50% off to someone who buys one game a year from them but then give that same $5 or 50% off price to the STH buyer who buys 81 games.
    Great point. Most businesses (and credit card companies) are offering a "best price" guarantee on purchases. Maybe the Yankees should too. That would surely generate more season plan sales!

  9. #2759

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentonstew View Post
    Today was the first day that Stubhub was suppose to allow MLB listings for the 2014 season. There are already over 1300 seats listed for Opening Day. There are also over 27 listings with more than 10 seats available in a row. Someone is listing Terrace seats (non Jim Beam) at over $11,000 PER GAME!????? What's going on there?
    I think what Stew was pointing out is that sellers on SH are listing spec tickets that they do not have, in hopes that an over zealous buyer will pay ridiculous money in November and the seller can deliver tickets in that section (that they acquire for a much lower price) sometime prior to the deadline to deliver. Usually the spec ticket listings are in the top row of the section- giving the seller a chance to acquire tickets in any row in that section and deliver them to the buyer. Often that works with Stub Hub (upgrading the row) but it is not a 100% guarantee and SH will contact the buyer to determine if a lower row is acceptable. The $11K per game listings are done by someone who just wants to get the listing up but not concerned with selling yet OR someone who does not have the tickets but wants to be able to use the "compare" feature to see what actual sales prices are for tickets in the respective section

  10. #2760
    Member
    KevinO194's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    420A, Row 3

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    I'm waiting for the select a seat before Ipost anything on stubhub. I am going to try to change to a better section/row next year. Has anyone heard yet when the selece a seat will be? last year it was in October.

  11. #2761

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    I'm waiting for the select a seat before Ipost anything on stubhub. I am going to try to change to a better section/row next year. Has anyone heard yet when the selece a seat will be? last year it was in October.

    I got an email dec 5 and 6th

  12. #2762

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    I got an email dec 5 and 6th
    Last year there were a couple of select a seat opportunities all done online with a multi day window to move or upgrade your seats if you wanted to.

  13. #2763
    Member
    KevinO194's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    420A, Row 3

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesjohnny View Post
    Last year there were a couple of select a seat opportunities all done online with a multi day window to move or upgrade your seats if you wanted to.

    That was the online one. I am talking about the actual event where you get to go to the stadium and physically get to see the seats that are available. I actually enjoyed walking around the stadium when it was empty and it was good to see the actual view from the seat you are choosing.

  14. #2764

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    That was the online one. I am talking about the actual event where you get to go to the stadium and physically get to see the seats that are available. I actually enjoyed walking around the stadium when it was empty and it was good to see the actual view from the seat you are choosing.
    The SAS Open-house was in late January last off-season.


    Cheers!
    -Doug

  15. #2765
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Interesting, there's a whole process if you want to list Super Bowl tickets for sale on stubhub:

    Dear Seller,

    Super Bowl XLVIII is a StubHub restricted selling event. To sell for this event, we require all sellers to complete an approval process.

    Please see the following steps below that must be completed in order to sell for Super Bowl XLVIII:
    Fill out and sign the Super Bowl XLVIII Fulfillment Guidelines:

    www.stubhub.com/superbowl-fulfillment-guidelines.

    With this link, you will be able to review and sign our Super Bowl XLVIII Fulfillment Guidelines. You will be required to fill out the form completely online, but if you would like to print out a copy and review first, please follow the below link:
    http://www.stubhub.com/superbowl-ful...s-download.pdf

    After completing the form, a signed copy will be emailed to you and StubHub. At this point, a representative from the Super Bowl team will review your account and reach out to you within 24-48 hours to discuss your approval status for Super Bowl XLVIII. The phone call should take no more than 5 minutes of your time.
    Once you have been approved, a member of the Super Bowl LMS team will remove the restrictions on your account and will send you an email letting you know that you may begin listing your tickets.
    If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at SuperBowl_LMT@StubHub.com

    Thank you,
    StubHub's Superbowl Team

  16. #2766
    Addicted Member
    YankeeSTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Section 420C

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    SURPRISINGLY, I sold a pair of Yankees tickets on StubHub today for that high demand game on Wed night April 9th against the Orioles. So I decided to go post some tickets for sale on the Yankee Ticket Exchange and, ooops, it doesn't exist yet - LOL

    Merry #Tixmas StubHub

  17. #2767

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Not sure if those buyers know something, but I think I sold that game last week for $2 less than face.

  18. #2768
    Devoted Member
    Tino's Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Manhattan

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    SURPRISINGLY, I sold a pair of Yankees tickets on StubHub today for that high demand game on Wed night April 9th against the Orioles. So I decided to go post some tickets for sale on the Yankee Ticket Exchange and, ooops, it doesn't exist yet - LOL

    Merry #Tixmas StubHub
    Why is this game in demand?

  19. #2769

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    I think that was sarcasm.

  20. #2770
    Devoted Member
    Tino's Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Manhattan

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    I think that was sarcasm.
    Lol, OK thanks!

  21. #2771

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-isla...-2014-4324569/

    Get-in price for the Wednesday evening 1/29 hockey game is down to $86 for a $149 face bleacher ticket. 9400 tickets available on StubHub.

    I see that all tickets are delivered by UPS. Guess StubHub isn't opening their last-minute ticket center for the hockey games?

  22. #2772
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_grand View Post
    Guess StubHub isn't opening their last-minute ticket center for the hockey games?
    Too early for that. LMS will be available closer to the game date

  23. #2773
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairfield, CT

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Does anyone know what would happen with tickets if by chance opening day on 4/7 is rescheduled due to weather and no off day the next day? If they sell plans with opening day in them, will they just tell you that you are SOL, or will the OD tickets say home game 1 so you don't get screwed over. I think they did that in the past when there was no off day.

  24. #2774

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tonytarasco View Post
    Does anyone know what would happen with tickets if by chance opening day on 4/7 is rescheduled due to weather and no off day the next day? If they sell plans with opening day in them, will they just tell you that you are SOL, or will the OD tickets say home game 1 so you don't get screwed over. I think they did that in the past when there was no off day.
    Home Game 1 is the game that is originally scheduled to be played on 4/7, no matter when that happens.

    If OD is PPD, they could make it up as part of a D/N two admission D/H the next day. But since the next day 4/8 is also a day game, who knows. Only the Shadow knows...

    They will tell you that you can use the Home Game 1 tickets for the makeup game, or exchange. It could be that the 4/8 game (Home Game 2) is the first home game played.

    But you know that they have all day to wait on 4/7, so they will....

  25. #2775
    Addicted Member
    YankeeSTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Section 420C

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tonytarasco View Post
    Does anyone know what would happen with tickets if by chance opening day on 4/7 is rescheduled due to weather and no off day the next day? If they sell plans with opening day in them, will they just tell you that you are SOL, or will the OD tickets say home game 1 so you don't get screwed over. I think they did that in the past when there was no off day.
    my best guess is that if the Monday OD game is postponed it will be played on Tuesday 1pm start time and the Tuesday Day game #2 will be moved to 7pm start time as part of a double admission double header. Would have been clearer to fans to just schedule game#2 for 7pm Tuesday.
    Last edited by YankeeSTH; 01-16-14 at 10:19 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts