+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 142 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3548

Re: The StubHub Thread

But what about the age old question.... I entered the lottery... and want to give the tickets to my kids and I'll be out of town that week.... There will be infinite versions of that excuse.

If you really want to curtail brokers getting the seats, take them away from NFL players. Almost all of them sell them to brokers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    But what about the age old question.... I entered the lottery... and want to give the tickets to my kids and I'll be out of town that week.... There will be infinite versions of that excuse.

If you really want to curtail brokers getting the seats, take them away from NFL players. Almost all of them sell them to brokers.
    It's not just players, everyone is in on it. I met a guy who works for a big ad agency and with the sponsorship connections he got 2 club seats to last year's super bowl. They were something like $1500 face and he flipped them overnight for $5000 each

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    It's not just players, everyone is in on it. I met a guy who works for a big ad agency and with the sponsorship connections he got 2 club seats to last year's super bowl. They were something like $1500 face and he flipped them overnight for $5000 each
    That only makes my point stronger. I remember seeing a locker room video somewhere where an NFL player was giving a speech on the best way to flip your superbowl tickets.

Yeah- its pretty common knowledge that each NFL player gets 2 tickets for the Super Bowl. For a guy making the league minimum ($350K or so????) doing a quick flip to a broker is easy $$$. Then they tell all the other scrubs and I know of a broker that usually gets 20-30 tickets every year this way. If you think some of the team owners (of the two participants) dont sell off some of their 8K-10K allotment, think again, it happens,

Back to the NYY and Stub Hub- prices for Sundays game took off like a rocket Sat afternoon. 600 tickets left at 1AM, will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow AM. I was expecting a spike in prices on Friday after Pettitte announced he was retiring but it did not really kick in until mid day Sat

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Back to the NYY and Stub Hub- prices for Sundays game took off like a rocket Sat afternoon. 600 tickets left at 1AM, will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow AM. I was expecting a spike in prices on Friday after Pettitte announced he was retiring but it did not really kick in until mid day Sat
    Get in price $134 as I type this and leave for the Bronx. Had my tickets in March.

Addicted Member

Wish I was going. Looks like I will be watching on TV. These prices suck

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Get in price $134 as I type this and leave for the Bronx. Had my tickets in March.
    Looked like it was falling apart around 10AM, get ins <$100, but fans/buyers must not have gotten out of bed yet. at 11:45AM- get ins $115ish, still can get a decent Grandstand Infield seat for $120 all in pricing, I would say that would be money very well spent.

Having Metallica play Sandman live is off the charts cool- presuming this happens

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by tpan413 View Post
    Not making fun of tpan413, but read the quote. Did you ever think you would see a post like this one this season?

Quote Originally Posted by tpan413 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place for this.... but I got a call at 9:00 AM from a friend offering me a free ticket to the game and telling me that he's driving and has a great pair he wants to sell at the stadium. Even by 10:30, it was a race to the bottom. We originally tried to get face, but saw field level seats going for $50 or less.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place for this.... but I got a call at 9:00 AM from a friend offering me a free ticket to the game and telling me that he's driving and has a great pair he wants to sell at the stadium. Even by 10:30, it was a race to the bottom. We originally tried to get face, but saw field level seats going for $50 or less.
    I guess I got lucky. I sold my two seats on YTE for the highest I have ever sold tickets for a regular season game.

In fact, I used YTE exclusively this year and sold more games for more money than anytime since 2009.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I guess I got lucky. I sold my two seats on YTE for the highest I have ever sold tickets for a regular season game.

In fact, I used YTE exclusively this year and sold more games for more money than anytime since 2009.
    Are you able to see on YTE what other comparable tickets were sold for?

Where are your seats?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Where are your seats?
    Section 206

Good for you, to me YTE was a fail this year, only 3 games sold and all 3 were premium games. I don't think many buyers use YTE yet and no one really knows about YTE buying activity since they don't show sales data the way StubHub does.

With average attendance down from 43,733 to 40,387 the Yankees can't blame StubHub anymore since they are not integrated with StubHub, made StubHub move to the Bronx Terminal Market basement (more than 1500 feet away) and they started their own resale ticket exchange.

Hoping for a WS Championship team next year and attendance to rise.

NYYF Legend

Anyone else find it strange how JimmyA is always making a mint on Yankees Ticket Exchange while the other 99 guys here barely get a sale all year

Good for you, to me YTE was a fail this year, only 3 games sold and all 3 were premium games.
    I put up all of the games from my nine game plan (front row single in 409) on YTE and eight of them sold although just three (as I recall) over the $10 each that I paid for them. I considered the entire $90 (plus shipping) to be my "donation" to the Yankee cause this year. The fact that I got some of that money back was a bonus.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Anyone else find it strange how JimmyA is always making a mint on Yankees Ticket Exchange while the other 99 guys here barely get a sale all year
    Yes, that is strange. He must be a tremendous salesman.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Yes, that is strange. He must be a tremendous salesman.
    Well, thank you for the warm sentiments, but salesmanship has nothing to do with it. All I do is list them. But I think two things helped me out:
    1. The seat location - it is in a home run section and the seats are on the aisle.
    2. This year's luck of the draw - my plan had three Boston games, a Dodgers game, and the Mariano retirement ceremony game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I considered the entire $90 (plus shipping) to be my "donation" to the Yankee cause this year.
    I have a full season plan and I use it to go to the games or sell the tickets at my cost or a profit. The Yankees are not a charity and I do not donate to their cause. On Sunday, I sold my tickets to tonight's game on StubHub, that was my last pair. I had no unused/unsold games for the entire 2013 season.

Delta Suites 222 Row 9 39.99
    222 Row 1 49.99

Champions Suites 11 Row 3 90.00

Legends Suites 25 Row 8 150.50

As of 6:45PM

Not bad for Mo's 2nd to last game! Had only they dropped earlier....

I have a full season plan and I use it to go to the games or sell the tickets at my cost or a profit. The Yankees are not a charity and I do not donate to their cause. On Sunday, I sold my tickets to tonight's game on StubHub, that was my last pair. I had no unused/unsold games for the entire 2013 season.
    I am struggling to make sense of this. I had a mini plan in Section 424, strictly for resale, and probably ate at least 4 of the 11 games. Unless you are in row 1 (I know that is huge), I can not fathom how you could both a) sell or use your tickets for all 81 games and b) not lose your effing shirt. I have to think the mid week games in April (8), May (6) and September (4) you might as well use your GS's as cigar lighters. Opening Day as well as Mos last homestand obviously being the exceptions

Price of tickets to see Rivera's last game at Yankee Stadium have plummeted. As of right now, there are 4,402 tickets available on Stubhub and $22.90 will get you in while $25 will get you a seat (and the seller will lose money on the deal).

I don't have stats to back this up but I would guess the % of time there are >4000 seats on SH the night prior to a game is somewhat of a rarity. I believe there were <1000 the Saturday night before the ceremony, albeit that was prior to a 1PM game, but even the ceremony game petered out Sunday AM.

My guess is some, but not all fans, who went last Sunday do not see the need to go Thursday as it is now a meaningless game. I think a lot of people are simply ready for this cantankerous season to be over and to move on. The die hards will be there but I'm guessing the electricity that normally accompanies a late September night in the Bronx simply will not.

Would have given anything for the Yanks-Rays to be dead even going into Thursday nights game

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    I don't have stats to back this up but I would guess the % of time there are >4000 seats on SH the night prior to a game is somewhat of a rarity. I believe there were <1000 the Saturday night before the ceremony, albeit that was prior to a 1PM game, but even the ceremony game petered out Sunday AM.

My guess is some, but not all fans, who went last Sunday do not see the need to go Thursday as it is now a meaningless game. I think a lot of people are simply ready for this cantankerous season to be over and to move on. The die hards will be there but I'm guessing the electricity that normally accompanies a late September night in the Bronx simply will not.

Would have given anything for the Yanks-Rays to be dead even going into Thursday nights game
    I think that's exactly right, people put in their time & effort into Sunday and they figure they paid their respects, plus this is a weeknight and also the connecticut trains are out of service for the forseeable future. The Degan is going to be a disaster zone

Last game of Mo's career in NYC - I gotta be there

Thread Information