+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 139 FirstFirst ... 38 78 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3466
    Devoted Member

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mishmash View Post
    Will the Yankees just reprice their tickets already!!!
    They have, infield grandstand went from $28 to $29 in the recent repricing

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    There are two mindsets in this:

1. We sold out! Great, our team is doing well.

2. We sold out. Crap, our prices must be way too low.

Guess which view prevails in the Bronx. They don't want to sell out, at least, not more than once.
    In terms of pure economics, the goal should be always 1 seat left unsold at each price category. In practice that's impossible to achieve, and in the case of baseball fandom that's pricing out the younger generations who will never develop into their future customers when they have sufficient disposable income.

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't understand why Saturday's tickets (Orioles in April) are priced so high on Stubhub (link). As of right now, cheapest ticket, a single, is $33.90. Cheapest for anything more than one is $35. Can't be the free calendar, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Named Fred View Post
    I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't understand why Saturday's tickets (Orioles in April) are priced so high on Stubhub (link). As of right now, cheapest ticket, a single, is $33.90. Cheapest for anything more than one is $35. Can't be the free calendar, can it?

Its a great giveaway !!

NYYF MVP

The 4:05 start probably has a lot to do with it. I snatched one (from the Yankees site, though).
    Couldn't be more ideal for someone like me who has to travel -- don't have to rise @ the crack of dawn like for the 1:05 starts.
    Probably ideal for Friday Night Party Animals with hangovers, too.

Think fans on here underestimate the Os verrrry much. Not that it matters but I consider them a "premium" team. Anticipate extra innings every time they face us.

Pickin's on SH for infield single tickets have been very slim so far this season.
    Saw a seat for Saturday on SH but there was nothing stated in the space where they tell you how your tickets will be delivered to you.

The same seat was on the Yanks' TM site (delivery by email; printed out in minutes); same price as SH with the TM fees, so snatched it.

Looks like I'll be checking the Yank's TM site first, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieLee20 View Post
    The 4:05 start probably has a lot to do with it. I snatched one (from the Yankees site, though).
    Couldn't be more ideal for someone like me who has to travel -- don't have to rise @ the crack of dawn like for the 1:05 starts.
    It's possible, but there's a 4:05 Saturday game against the Blue Jays (at least as good as the Orioles and similar weather) in two weeks and the tickets start at $19.60 (link).

NYYF MVP

It's possible, but there's a 4:05 Saturday game against the Blue Jays (at least as good as the Orioles and similar weather) in two weeks and the tickets start at $19.60 (link).
    Good point. Perhaps as it gets closer? Especially if the team keeps the current momentum going.

I'm kinda biased towards the Os. Since Buck took over, the games seem to be "World Series Intensity" level as far as the Os are concerned. They've kinda been the Red Sox' "replacement", IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieLee20 View Post
    They've kinda been the Red Sox' "replacement", IMO.
    Definitely more exciting, but not red sox

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    They have, infield grandstand went from $28 to $29 in the recent repricing
    They did? ugh

NYYF Cy Young

Simple- first weekend home game. First chance for parents to take their kids to a game or people who travel a long way to get there. Plus the calendar giveaway is fantastic!

What also helps is Sunday's game is 8pm so for parents with kids, if you want to go the first weekend of the year or get the calendar, it's going to be on Saturday.

NYYF Cy Young

There's some luxury suite tickets available for a fairly reasonable price on Sat. (~$260).

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Plus the calendar giveaway is fantastic!
    I'm not going this weekend, may I buy the calendar at a store or is it only a giveaway?

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I'm not going this weekend, may I buy the calendar at a store or is it only a giveaway?
    I believe it's only a giveaway. They do sell Yankee calendars but I've never seen this one in the store.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I believe it's only a giveaway. They do sell Yankee calendars but I've never seen this one in the store.
    This is absolutely a Stadium-only giveaway. And it's been coming with a Subway card preloaded with 10 points.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    This is absolutely a Stadium-only giveaway. And it's been coming with a Subway card preloaded with 10 points.
    I'm going on Saturday. This is one game I make it a point to go to each year.

Devoted Member

will someone pick me up a calendar?

I'm going to Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival at the Garden Fri and Sat nights, not sure I'll be up for a 8pm start on Sunday, but maybe if there is a low priced last minute ticket I'll go for a calendar, a beer and a hot dog

Devoted Member

Just shopped to buy a ticket for Sunday's game on StubHub and looks like they abandoned all in pricing.

Did anyone get an email about that?

Just shopped to buy a ticket for Sunday's game on StubHub and looks like they abandoned all in pricing.

Did anyone get an email about that?
    Good Lord! You're correct - everything's changed again. Happy Friday.

pacersyankees mentioned in the YTE thread this is getting to the complexity of buying a derivative contract. It's now evolved to managing a derivatives portfolio.

Totally different map/display. Appears to be showing outright offer prices (as YankeeSTH said - no longer all-in - not including the 10% buyer fee).

No contact/update - email or otherwise from SH.

Just spoke with SH customer service. Not the biggest-boy contact number, but above retail. Their response was - what?!?!?

New display looks like a nice update. Person I spoke with knew nothing of it. Also did not know about abandoning all-in pricing display for buyers - this was hugely concerning to person I spoke with. Almost feels like the new display roll-out was purposeful, but not immediately announced to customer service, and the all-in removal was an accident.

Customer service individual I chatted with is currently scrambling, trying to figure out whether something's hugely amiss - or if she simply missed some meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    Just spoke with SH customer service. Not the biggest-boy contact number, but above retail. Their response was - what?!?!?

New display looks like a nice update. Person I spoke with knew nothing of it. Also did not know about abandoning all-in pricing display for buyers - this was hugely concerning to person I spoke with. Almost feels like the new display roll-out was purposeful, but not immediately announced to customer service, and the all-in removal was an accident.

Customer service individual I chatted with is currently scrambling, trying to figure out whether something's hugely amiss - or if she simply missed some meeting.
    Apparently someone didn't beta test the new display.... and mixed old code with new.

Oops!

BTW, Can you advise what changed? It all looks the same to me...

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Apparently someone didn't beta test the new display.... and mixed old code with new.

Oops!

BTW, Can you advise what changed? It all looks the same to me...

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Using FireFox for me, looks totally new/different. Stadium map is smaller, drop down selections above the map (sections/zones, etc.) are gone. A bit old school with zones below the map. Individual listings to the right of the map do not display aisle, but show parking - so some features.

Most importantly - prices displayed are the net offers - not the all-in prices inclusive of a 10% buying commission. I didn't go through a buying process, but selecting individual listings returned $16.95 overnight shipping fees. So seems like it's running with some old code; not all-in, shipping fees for physical tickets as they were last year, etc.

If someone wants to test the buying process, grab the 4 tickets in Field 116, row 20 at $65/ea for April 17. That's an outlier listing.

I refuse to look at this stuff for the next 6 hours. It's all ridiculous...

NYYF Cy Young

I'm using Chrome and everything looks exactly as it did before for me.

NYYF Legend

Distinction is likely made by cookies and/or random assignment, possibly browser/IP based

I am using firefox and everything looks the same to me as well.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    I am using firefox and everything looks the same to me as well.
    Same here.

Thread Information