+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 142 FirstFirst ... 36 76 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3533
    NYYF Legend

Re: The StubHub Thread

10,000+ unsold tickets (plus "unused"/"unresold" not reported) for last night's game against the Red Sox on a clear night. That would have been impossible just 2 years ago.

I have to commend the Yankees for resisting the urge to dump the excess inventory on scorebig, goldstar, etc... to shaft their plan holders on resale value but let's see what they do against baltimore and other lesser draws.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    10,000+ unsold tickets (plus "unused"/"unresold" not reported) for last night's game against the Red Sox on a clear night. That would have been impossible just 2 years ago.

I have to commend the Yankees for resisting the urge to dump the excess inventory on scorebig, goldstar, etc... to shaft their plan holders on resale value but let's see what they do against baltimore and other lesser draws.
    40 degrees doesn't help...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    40 degrees doesn't help...
    Nobody knew the temperature on 4/3 when the tickets went on sale in February & March, right?

Red Sox / Yankee games on any day used to sellout in minutes, then hours, days, then still sell out to people expecting to flip. Now even the flippers are gone.

NYYF Legend

Just got a desperation newsletter from the Yankees announcing seats still available for tonight's game. I clicked on the ticketmaster page & the interactive map, and this is what you see:

Yeah I saw that too, talk about bruital.

Just got a desperation newsletter from the Yankees announcing seats still available for tonight's game. I clicked on the ticketmaster page & the interactive map, and this is what you see:

Quote Originally Posted by chuey1997 View Post
    Yeah I saw that too, talk about bruital.
    Yet i was trying to buy Red Sox group tickets to do a bus trip or two this year vs the Yankees and they wouldn't sell them to me, said I had to buy 3 games and the other two weeknights. My group rep eventually started ignoring my calls and emails and not even responding. Looks like that has kicked them in the butt as well.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by chuey1997 View Post
    Yet i was trying to buy Red Sox group tickets to do a bus trip or two this year vs the Yankees and they wouldn't sell them to me, said I had to buy 3 games and the other two weeknights. My group rep eventually started ignoring my calls and emails and not even responding. Looks like that has kicked them in the butt as well.
    You should email the rep again showing him that map and that he could have sold a bunch more seats and now they will all go to waste

Not a surprise for a weeknight April game vs. a team that finished in last place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    Not a surprise for a weeknight April game vs. a team that finished in last place.
    Sweet comment

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Sweet comment
    We may be that last place team this year. Dont count your chickens.......

Just Saying

For those TM stadium maps, with lots of available seats - looks like they announced actual tickets-sold attendance accurately. 49k+ OD, then just over 40k for each of the next two games. So roughly 10k primary seats never sold, right? Published (and said on air) 40,611 for Thursday night.

Around/outside the stadium Thursday night - it was packed. Looked okay on TV too. Maybe not down a few runs, cold but not painful (as Wednesday was), no rain (as the weird end of Monday had).

Naive about this, but think AL attendance is primary sales, and NL attendance is turnstiles. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    Naive about this, but think AL attendance is primary sales, and NL attendance is turnstiles. Is that correct?
    It used to be that way, but several years ago the NL went to sales as well.
    Money doesn't change you, it reveals who you are when you no longer have to be nice.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I'm on the board for the World Series Club of Hartford. Every year we get tickets - 41 games, Yankees and some Sox package. The Sox tickets sold like wild fire. Having trouble getting rid of the Yankees tickets. Section 103 right next to the bullpen. A friend went the other night and got 2 balls from Mo and I can't remember who else. The seats are great along with being right next to the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberPride View Post
    It used to be that way, but several years ago the NL went to sales as well.
    NL turnstile count ended after the 1992 season so its been 20 seasons where both the NL and AL count attendance as tickets bought, not "fannies in the seats".

Devoted Member

question for all the stubhub market analysts here. I have a strong feeling this will be a no playoff year for the Yankees, and as such the 9/26 final home game will be the stubhub highlight of the year. Most times the stubhub strategy is wait and eventually prices will come down. Right now there's 3500 available with a get in the door price of $67. If I find a palatable deal should I jump on it now or will the sellers get desperate and drop prices in the weeks leading up to the 9/26 game?
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    question for all the stubhub market analysts here. I have a strong feeling this will be a no playoff year for the Yankees, and as such the 9/26 final home game will be the stubhub highlight of the year. Most times the stubhub strategy is wait and eventually prices will come down. Right now there's 3500 available with a get in the door price of $67. If I find a palatable deal should I jump on it now or will the sellers get desperate and drop prices in the weeks leading up to the 9/26 game?
    I'd say jump on it, but if the Yankees are in the cellar all year, I'm not sure even Mariano's last home game ever could salvage ticket prices.

ALCS tickets were selling for 20 cents on the dollar last fall so I see no reason to get too excited about a regular season game.

Nobody knew the temperature on 4/3 when the tickets went on sale in February & March, right?

Red Sox / Yankee games on any day used to sellout in minutes, then hours, days, then still sell out to people expecting to flip. Now even the flippers are gone.
    Until 2000, Yankees/Red Sox games did not sell out or come close. Sub 20,000 crowds were common. In the first few years of the Yankees run Mariners/Indians/Braves/Orioles were in much more demand then Boston. YES and print media may like to try to create a blood feud like it's Giants-Cowboys or Rangers-Islanders, but the simple fact is Yankee fans show up for the rival of the moment. Heck, in the late 70s KC was the big draw.

I think people saying buy now are grossly overestimating the passion of casual fans. September 26 is a Thursday night. That means we're talking about a weeknight game in (most likely) cold weather after (most likely) the Yankees playoff hopes are a distant memory.

Plus, are we even convinced the tickets for that game have legitimately sold rather than taken off the market by the Yankees to try to use for something like bait to get season ticket holders to commit to renewing early for 2014?

My prediction: Tickets for the 9/26 game will be available for far under face value. And that's assuming Rivera is healthy and hasn't already been given a Yankee Stadium sendoff.

Agreed 100%- this is not the last game at OYS. There is no guarantee that Mo will even play and if the NYY are irrelevant come September, there is nothing to support a get in price above $65-$75. If this thing does not turn around (I know- its only 5 games),coupled with the negative feelings of many towards the front office, the mass exodus of NYY fans could be unlike anything we have ever seen

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Agreed 100%- this is not the last game at OYS. There is no guarantee that Mo will even play and if the NYY are irrelevant come September, there is nothing to support a get in price above $65-$75. If this thing does not turn around (I know- its only 5 games),coupled with the negative feelings of many towards the front office, the mass exodus of NYY fans could be unlike anything we have ever seen
    First - I expect a big-time ceremony for Rivera before the game. And second, unless the Yankees are already in the playoffs and Rivera pitched the last several games, I fully expect him to pitch. And if the Yankees are out of the playoffs I fully expect Rivera to pitch even if the Yankees are losing 20-0.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    First - I expect a big-time ceremony for Rivera before the game. And second, unless the Yankees are already in the playoffs and Rivera pitched the last several games, I fully expect him to pitch. And if the Yankees are out of the playoffs I fully expect Rivera to pitch even if the Yankees are losing 20-0.
    I'll easily pay 100 bucks just to see his only career inning in center field

Addicted Member

I am looking to go to the April 17th game against the Diamondbacks. I see tickets are already cheap but with all the new stubhub/Yankee rules they have enforced, when would be the time that they would drop the lowest?
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot

Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    I am looking to go to the April 17th game against the Diamondbacks. I see tickets are already cheap but with all the new stubhub/Yankee rules they have enforced, when would be the time that they would drop the lowest?
    The possibility of a dead cat bounce applying to the secondary market in NYY tickets against a crappy opponent on a week night in April would seem to be extremely low. A catch the falling knife analogy might be more appropriate

If there's a price you feel comfortable with I'd buy now.

I had 9 tickets I bought off ticketmaster and flipped quick for a small profit. I also bought a pair of grandstand 420a row 2 tickets for myself for the game for cheap and a pair of bleacher seats for cheap also on stubhub.

Listed the bleachers for $130 a ticket and they sold last week.

I don't expect OYS ticket prices but I think $75 will be the cheapest ticket you find for the game and seats in section 201-202 of the bleachers will go for a lot especially the first 3 rows.

Thread Information