+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35 75 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 3301

Re: The StubHub Thread

Was at the game yesterday and accidently brought the wrong tickets to the game. No problem, customer service desk at gate 4, tickets were reprinted t and I was on my way in. Behind me, a woman had purchased stubhub ticktets, her friend got in, but her ticket was rejected. Don't what happened after that - but the Yankees could not or would not help her (take your pick).
    [IMG]http://forums.nyyfans.com/customprofilepics/profilepic19182_1.gif[/IMG] Joe, Mick & Ted

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mm1956 View Post
    Was at the game yesterday and accidently brought the wrong tickets to the game. No problem, customer service desk at gate 4, tickets were reprinted t and I was on my way in. Behind me, a woman had purchased stubhub ticktets, her friend got in, but her ticket was rejected. Don't what happened after that - but the Yankees could not or would not help her (take your pick).
    I bet you they printed the same ticket twice if one got in. I've seen this happen plenty before.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85 View Post
    I bet you they printed the same ticket twice if one got in. I've seen this happen plenty before.
    I have seen that happen a couple of times with people in front of me on the way into the stadium.

I have also seen people use a cheap ticket to get into the stadium and then try to use an expensive ticket from a previous game to sit in the better seat shown on the previous game's ticket. That's easier to sneak past an usher than sneaking a bar code past the scanner.

Anyone notice the SH site being unstable the last few days? I'm only talking about the yankees. (i.e., listings appearing and disappearing)

The tickets I sold for tomorrow is still showing as "not in hand" (not that I can print from my yankees account anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Anyone notice the SH site being unstable the last few days? I'm only talking about the yankees. (i.e., listings appearing and disappearing)

The tickets I sold for tomorrow is still showing as "not in hand" (not that I can print from my yankees account anyway).
    I wouldn't call that unstable- I'd call that double posting on TE and Stubhub. People moving and dealing to get the best return. Someone posts onto SH, then posts onto TE, gets some action on TE, someone buys them and then they go back and pull off SH. OR vice versa if it sells off SH.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    I wouldn't call that unstable- I'd call that double posting on TE and Stubhub. People moving and dealing to get the best return. Someone posts onto SH, then posts onto TE, gets some action on TE, someone buys them and then they go back and pull off SH. OR vice versa if it sells off SH.
    So you think that's the cause. I don't have any listings on YTE.

Just changed some listings from PDFs to UPS then click refresh. Every time I click refresh, a different number of listings come up. And I still see a listing that I deleted a week ago still coming up once in a while.

I call this unstable.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    So you think that's the cause. I don't have any listings on YTE.

Just changed some listings from PDFs to UPS then click refresh. Every time I click refresh, a different number of listings come up. And I still see a listing that I deleted a week ago still coming up once in a while.

I call this unstable.
    I still don't understand what happened yesterday. All the pickup options just vanished from stubhub with 3 hours to go. If I had to guess, I'd speculate that the small theatre SH contracted with one stop down on the 4 train was completely overwhelmed by people coming to pickup tickets and they couldn't handle any more. If that's true, I can't imagine how upset sellers with unsold tickets must be.

So I have been back and forth for about a week now with stubhub. Ever since the Yankees decided that they were only going to release the PDFs 48 hours before each game I have been on the phone with stubhub to trying to get the buyers of my sales to accept the UPS delivery instead Electronic delivery. The first guy said he will call everyone and call me back within 48 hours. 48 hours later I call back and the second lady said that they are working on it and they will contact me when something changed. I just called now and now they have no record of the first guy trying to call the buyers. So now this person said she will call 5-6 of the buyers and call me back after. The remaining sales will have to go to a case management team. This is a pain in the ass and it is 100% the Yankees Fault. Also to top it off, at 6:00 AM every morning I get an email for EVERY one of my sales reminding me to upload my PDFs. So if I forget to put my phone on silent for the night I get woken up at 6:00AM sharp to about 15 emails.

Im sure the buyer will accept the UPS delivery, but stubhub is going to have to eat the extra delivery cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Im sure the buyer will accept the UPS delivery, but stubhub is going to have to eat the extra delivery cost.
    Stubhub called me back and so far 2 the the buyers are taking the ups delivery and 3 said They want the electronic delivery for some reason. I dont know why it matters. Now I have to wait untill september when I can deliver the tickets eletronically to get paid. I still have about 8 sales outstanding that the buyers have not called stubhub back yet.

Addicted Member

Just checked StubHub for tonight's Red Sox game, so at 3:50pm there are only 657 tickets for sale and only 485 for instant download. Seat locations for selection are not great. Last year there would be 3,000 to 5,000 tickets for sale before game time. This reminds me of 2008 before instant download when buyers needed to decide 3 days prior to the game if they wanted to buy and could not wait for the last minute weather report, etc. Selling prices were higher in 2008 (partially due to it being the last year at OYS) but the lowest priced seats tonight are $31.70 all in (or $27 without 10% SH buyer commission and $2.00/ticket delivery fee) in Sections 237 and 413. Have the Yankees done sellers a favor and firmed up the market with their tactics?

edit: 1107 tickets on YTE with a low price of $15 in Section 201

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Just checked StubHub for tonight's Red Sox game, so at 3:50pm there are only 657 tickets for sale and only 485 for instant download. Seat locations for selection are not great. Last year there would be 3,000 to 5,000 tickets for sale before game time. This reminds me of 2008 before instant download when buyers needed to decide 3 days prior to the game if they wanted to buy and could not wait for the last minute weather report, etc. Selling prices were higher in 2008 (partially due to it being the last year at OYS) but the lowest priced seats tonight are $31.70 all in (or $27 without 10% SH buyer commission and $2.00/ticket delivery fee) in Sections 237 and 413. Have the Yankees done sellers a favor and firmed up the market with their tactics?

edit: 1107 tickets on YTE with a low price of $15 in Section 201
    Yankees ticket exchange closes down 3 hrs before gametime... They are so stupid. And lets see how fast they release them so people can try and sell

NYYF Legend

Tonight is going to be the first real run with last minute listings up to 7:05. Let's see if there's going to be any sweet deals at 7:04

NYYF Legend

already there's a legends pair offered at $332 / ticket all fees included via e-delivery. Gonna be cold but a nice clear night vs the red sox

TM also turned off for this game online around 5pm. SH, random sites and private are what's left (aside from walk-ups).

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    already there's a legends pair offered at $332 / ticket all fees included via e-delivery. Gonna be cold but a nice clear night vs the red sox
    Someone marked those down (was a group of 4) from about 700/ea or so. And they just got bought.

Addicted Member

I think those tickets that say Luxury Suite 20 are actually Legends tickets because the listing says that are in Row 7 $194.50 for Legends is a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by tpan413 View Post
    I think those tickets that say Luxury Suite 20 are actually Legends tickets because the listing says that are in Row 7 $194.50 for Legends is a good deal
    Yep - agreed.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    Stubhub called me back and so far 2 the the buyers are taking the ups delivery and 3 said They want the electronic delivery for some reason. I dont know why it matters. Now I have to wait untill september when I can deliver the tickets eletronically to get paid. I still have about 8 sales outstanding that the buyers have not called stubhub back yet.
    I no longer have a plan, so I'm not sure this is even possible, or how much work this involves. Can you list the tickets on YTE, have a friend or relative purchase them, confirm and fulfill the order, and use their PDFs to fulfill the StubHub orders that require e-delivery?

I'm just throwing the idea out there. Even if it were possible, yes, you would have fees, but at least you wouldn't be running in circles with StubHub and you wouldn't have to worry about lost sales.

Today was nuts at the bell. Row 17 MVP behind the plate for $56. Second row in 136 for $24. In the door for $4.90.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    Today was nuts at the bell. Row 17 MVP behind the plate for $56. Second row in 136 for $24. In the door for $4.90.
    Thank you Lonn Trost!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    308 tickets at the close overall; 192 for instant download. The field MVP at $56 were for pickup with LMS (price lowered close to the end). Only download field mvp was one listing for 4 at $150. 4 seats in Legends above $500 expired (2 for download). No delta, no champions.

The field 136 at $24 were instant download. 53 total tickets (41 for download) on the field level (mvp, infield and outfield), next cheapest after $24 was $39.

12 tickets in main infield. 2 in Jim Beam. 2 in terrace infield. 81 in bleachers (25 in section 239 listed as possible obstruction), with most in bleachers overall available to download. Grandstand Infield had 42 overall; 15 for download - with a single for pickup at $15, then 2 together at $23 for download. Next were a bunch for pickup at $35, then download at $38.

From 5-7pm, went from about 700 tickets to just over 300. No clue how many sold on SH, versus being deleted. Occasional big drops that were being bought over that time.

Should be interesting to see how having tickets on SH until first pitch will evolve. Probably more semi-casual buyers will realize there's not a 2 hour cutoff, and maybe the occasional mad rush around 5pm will become a bit more linear - those closer to the stadium can wait/watch during that 5-7pm window.

Is it possible SH inventory is down because there are not as many tickets sold? If the seats aren't bought in the first place this year they won't be up for resale

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    Is it possible SH inventory is down because there are not as many tickets sold? If the seats aren't bought in the first place this year they won't be up for resale
    Certainly. Probably more of the remaining STH have a plan to use or otherwise distribute tickets too, versus only tossing on SH. YTE sold more than zero. Add confusion with SH, YTE and whatnot. It's only the first series here.

Thu Boston game. Delivery option is pickup, but someone just put up 4 (no splits) in Field MVP 117B, row 18 (seventh row above Legends) at 128.50/ea.

It's between the net (ends at section 118) and yankee dugout. Has a parking pass of some sort too.

Thread Information