+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 133 FirstFirst ... 26 66 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3305
    Addicted Member

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post

Among club's exhibit filings is SH policy doc saying a sale not complete until buyer gets tickets.
    Interesting argument by the Yankees when they do just the opposite themselves.

I emailed Ticketmaster today asking if I have the option for a refund since they have not delivered Yankee tickets via TicketFast in 1 to 3 days as advertised at the time of sale and they replied no refunds for a delivery delay. So, Ticketmaster/NY Yankees are telling me they think the sale is complete before the buyer gets the tickets.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/20/sp...e-stadium.html

StubHub Barred Near Yankee Stadium

Lizbeth Gonzalez, a judge in the State Supreme Court in the Bronx who issued the temporary restraining order, disagreed with StubHub’s claim that because it is a Web site, its storefront near the stadium was exempt from the law.

“They are setting up their own resale business and that would affect our direct sales,” said Jonathan Schiller, a lawyer representing the Yankees. “We’re not talking about Brooklyn or Broadway, we’re talking about across the street from Yankee Stadium.”

The two sides will meet in court Monday to argue the Yankees’ request for an injunction preventing StubHub from having a store that close to the stadium.

The Yankees and the Angels were the only two teams to opt out of a leaguewide deal with StubHub, the country’s largest ticket reseller, this year. Instead, both teams are working with StubHub’s rival Ticketmaster.

“Our view is that we’re going to continue to offer fans to buy and sell tickets where they want to and not where the Yankees want them to,” said Lance Lanciault, StubHub’s chief legal officer. “We feel there is a pattern here of the Yankees trampling on the rights of their fans, and they are using heavy-handed tactics to do that.”

Even if the Yankees win- this one is going to totally blow up in their faces. In fact, I would argue they would be best served losing this case. Still don't understand what stops Stubhub from opening a Kinkoslike establishment right next door. If all they are trying to do is allow fans to print out their tickets- why does the storefront need to say "Stubhub"??

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Even if the Yankees win- this one is going to totally blow up in their faces. In fact, I would argue they would be best served losing this case. Still don't understand what stops Stubhub from opening a Kinkoslike establishment right next door. If all they are trying to do is allow fans to print out their tickets- why does the storefront need to say "Stubhub"??
    I think the issue is not just the printing of tickets but the delivery of hard tickets. Either way, I hope SH wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I think the issue is not just the printing of tickets but the delivery of hard tickets. Either way, I hope SH wins.
    I can't image a favorable outcome for SH. That would mean the judge is over-riding well defined existing NY State law. They will need to locate beyond the 1500 feet zone.

Some have suggested the Midtown pickup location already validates SH can operate close to a venue such as the Broadway theatres but the NYS law is only 500 feet from a venue of 5,000 or less seats.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesjohnny View Post
    I can't image a favorable outcome for SH. That would mean the judge is over-riding well defined existing NY State law.
    There's nothing "well defined" about the internet age

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1293583

But Lehrman contends the Yankees are trying to strike out competition. He said the team began playing ticket hardball earlier this year, when StubHub opened a shop in a Holiday Inn near Legends Field, the team’s Tampa spring training facility.

Lehrman said the team told the Holiday Inn’s manager it would no longer do business at his hotel if continued to allow StubHub to operate there.

NYYF Triple Crown

The Yankees are acting like a group of greedy a-holes here.

Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung4Vazquez View Post
    I'm sure that's what it will look like to most. They are simply doing what they have to do. Of course this could be a good PR ploy for Stub Hub. Who's to say the lease they signed they can easily get out of and already have another location picked out in the area beyond 1500 feet?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesjohnny View Post
    I'm sure that's what it will look like to most. They are simply doing what they have to do. Of course this could be a good PR ploy for Stub Hub. Who's to say the lease they signed they can easily get out of and already have another location picked out in the area beyond 1500 feet?
    Trying to restrict fans access to purchasing tickets (that the seller has already purchased from the NYY at their asking price) is something "they have to do?" I'm not sure you would get a lot of support for that argument. The more the Yankees fight this the worse they look- in fact other than OD, I will never again purchase a Yankees ticket anywhere but SH just to take a stand.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Trying to restrict fans access to purchasing tickets (that the seller has already purchased from the NYY at their asking price) is something "they have to do?" I'm not sure you would get a lot of support for that argument. The more the Yankees fight this the worse they look- in fact other than OD, I will never again purchase a Yankees ticket anywhere but SH just to take a stand.
    Noble! But probably like most people, I will buy from the yankees ticketsnow site if the price is better. I don't have any qualms whatsoever with worrying if a stubhub ticket is counterfeit because it's never happened to me and SH will always make you whole (that's how they justify the 25% total fee). So price is the only factor for me.

Ironically, it's the yankees ticketsnow that have been screwing people with delivery like for those who paid for final game tickets and then the yankees cancelled the purchases after prices skyrocketed (very slimy).

One thing I should put out there, ticketsnow has a good affiliate program which means you can get rebates from various cashback sites. I use ebates.com and they have 6% cash back on ticketsnow:
    http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrer...QLeVxLsA%3D%3D

Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung4Vazquez View Post
    Really? I guess SH charging 25% per transaction is not considered greed.

Stubhub is not attempting to prevent fans/buyers access to an open free market environment.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    They host the servers. They developed the software. They built the marketplace. They do the advertising. They offer the *guarantee*.

They should be able to enjoy the dividends of their investment. If they charged too much, the market would reflect that, and they'd be out of business.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    They host the servers. They developed the software. They built the marketplace. They do the advertising. They offer the *guarantee*.

They should be able to enjoy the dividends of their investment. If they charged too much, the market would reflect that, and they'd be out of business.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Also, at least for the previous contract between MLB and SH, and applying to teams participating in the whole deal (barcode transfer/replacement, integration, etc.) - pretty sure that total 25% per transaction was split between multiple parties. Generally revenue sharing with a third each to SH, MLBAM (MLB Advanced Media, for online stuff) and the home team for the relevant game.

SH maybe even gave up too much in that previous deal. Believe they beat others (TM and similar) bidding for the business and exclusive barcode transfer, shared marketing, etc.

Wonder what happens now though. MLBAM and the NYY get zero, and SH keeps the full 25%? Obviously offset by the slight lessening of cooperation - lawsuits and whatnot...

Forum Regular

What are people using to get their names off the PDF's they are selling on SH?
    Last edited by kobak8; 03-20-13 at 04:41 PM. Reason: rewording
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    Nothing, I'm uploading as-is, I don't care if my name is on there. If the tickets are in a plan, you do have the option of forwarding to a ghost account that you put whatever name you want on. No such option for ticketfast tickets from ticketmaster

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

OD tickets are still way too high for me on TicketsNow. Sheesh. I thought I'd get away with 1 ticket kinda inexpensive but I guess not.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    OD tickets are still way too high for me on TicketsNow. Sheesh. I thought I'd get away with 1 ticket kinda inexpensive but I guess not.
    You need to wait it out a little more, there's still 6500 tickets left and prices are steadily coming down, and if the Yankees screw their own fans by making them miss delivery deadlines on SH, expect a flood of new tickets from sellers to unload at any cost

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    You need to wait it out a little more, there's still 6500 tickets left and prices are steadily coming down, and if the Yankees screw their own fans by making them miss delivery deadlines on SH, expect a flood of new tickets from sellers to unload at any cost
    6500 tickets left?! I will definitely wait. I can wait up until the day before if I have to.

25% on a 99 cent ticket is not so bad!

There is no protagonist in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    I recently sold some Alicia Keys tickets and I tried to send them to another account but it still somehow kept my name on them so I uploaded them to stubhub. I also had my name on some Beyonce tickets I sold.

As a results besides Opening Day I ordered the rest of my tickets as hard tickets not printouts. Let them see my name at the stadium.

Not sure if it would be 1500 feet I'm horrible with distance but stubhub should rent out space in the Major Deegan Lot along the river run over some electricity and open a small shack to run this out of. Not sure how well it would work but imagine the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    Not sure if it would be 1500 feet I'm horrible with distance but stubhub should rent out space in the Major Deegan Lot along the river run over some electricity and open a small shack to run this out of. Not sure how well it would work but imagine the reaction.
    To be 1500 ft from the block the Stadium is built, Stub Hub would need to be down by the Gateway Center Mall (South of the tracks), in the Harlem River (to the West), east of Sheridan Ave (past the Concourse), and north of McClennan St (probably 167th St is good).

Cheers!
    -Doug

Thread Information