+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25 65 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3466

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesjohnny View Post
    If the ST process continues there appears to be no cutoff for downloadable tickets. But downloadable tix have been few since Yanks haven't enabled a Print At Home feature for ST ticket holders. Typically downloadable tix are gone as the game approaches leaving pickup at the Comfort Inn as the only option. I've sold all my unused ST tix on the Yankee Exchange except the final two so far. Surprised I didn't have to post on Stub Hub to unload them.
    May I ask what you sold them for? Face? Under face? I have all of mine on the ticket exchange and I haven't sold any.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    May I ask what you sold them for? Face? Under face? I have all of mine on the ticket exchange and I haven't sold any.
    Most sold a coupłe $$$ over face. Only exception so far is tomorrow's game. I typically attend the first two weeks or so of ST and sell the remaining games.

NYYF Legend

I've been able to confirm that for Yankees PDF tickets uploaded on stubhub, cutoff time is the start of the game. So you can list right up to the last second

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yeah, I read that too the other day. Thanks for the info. I have lower level regional tix at the Verizon center so I'm trying to figure out what my potential market is for these. I guess Syracuse could be the biggest draw?
    Gordon- the market for lowers should be huge, since the venue is not a domed stadium rather an 18k capacity arena. Supply and demand kicks in. The only team you can probably bank on being there is Duke, but the possibilities for the other 3 teams (presuming the seedings hold true to form) could almost certainly include a big ten team with a large following (Mich, Mich St, OSU) or possibly Kansas. You could also luck out if a Syracuse, Pittsburgh, UNC or Notre Dame somehow ended up in that region and pulled an upset. I would guess the market for regional tickets starts to heat up as soon as the brackets are announced and obviously really kicks in when you 100% know who the round of 16 teams are.

This year is truly unique because you dont have a #1 seeded team like Kentucky that you already know will be in the round of 16 in a specific region. Indiana and Duke are the closest things to that but definitely not guarantees

NYYF Legend

Thanks Pacers, with the brackets finalised looks like the only draw in the East is Syracuse?

Just an update on stubhub for OD, over the weekend they dumped a bunch of 405 and 434B without selling them to the public first so inventory is still stuck way up at over 6800. Also, the Yankees have released hard tickets from Tickemaster purchases but not PDF tickets as promised by 3/11 at the latest, in an apparent attempt to cause problems for stubhub.

Also looking ahead 2 weeks, seems more likely that rain will be in the forecast, will have to keep a close eye as April 1st approaches

Thanks Pacers, with the brackets finalised looks like the only draw in the East is Syracuse?

Just an update on stubhub for OD, over the weekend they dumped a bunch of 405 and 434B without selling them to the public first so inventory is still stuck way up at over 6800. Also, the Yankees have released hard tickets from Tickemaster purchases but not PDF tickets as promised by 3/11 at the latest, in an apparent attempt to cause problems for stubhub.

Also looking ahead 2 weeks, seems more likely that rain will be in the forecast, will have to keep a close eye as April 1st approaches
    GG- Indiana is a huge draw wherever they play. Right now- Lowers are approaching $300 and get ins $150. Again, in a basketball arena, there just are not many tickets available as would be in a dome. My guess is you will clean up on the Thursday games and do OK Saturday. I would reccommend splitting the tickets up- offering just Thursday and just Saturday as posting only the two session strip will severely limit the pool of buyers. Unless Indiana and Syracuse both stumble, the prices on this one will only go up so selling early may not be the best idea. None of the teams in the bottom half are particularly appealing from a crowd number standpoint

Daniel Barbarisi@DanBarbarisi
    As SBJ first reported, Yanks filed in this morning to try to prevent Stubhub from opening ticket office near Yankee Stadium

NYYF Legend

Daniel Barbarisi@DanBarbarisi
    As SBJ first reported, Yanks filed in this morning to try to prevent Stubhub from opening ticket office near Yankee Stadium
    hah, nice. Game on.

This could go either way. Technically, Stubhub is not in the wrong because they are not selling tickets at that location, it's only a pick up spot for previously arranged transaction. But the spirit of the law is probably violated by creating a secondary ticket source within the 1500 foot exclusion zone

The Yankees sue StubHub over store near Yankee Stadium
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ankee-stadium/

Stub Hub will be judged to be in violation of the law. They will need to operate the pickup point outside the 1500 feet specified by the law.

Stub Hub will be judged to be in violation of the law. They will need to operate the pickup point outside the 1500 feet specified by the law.
    Can't see this happening. Plenty of people live/work within 1500 feet of Yankee Stadium. No way it is illegal for all of them to buy Yankee tickets on Stubhub.

How far away is the SH store next to Barclays? Wouldn't they be under the same law?

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    How far away is the SH store next to Barclays? Wouldn't they be under the same law?
    They are under the same law.

The City is not saying Stubhub is breaking the law, it is the Yankees trying to make a stink with a civil lawsuit.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Devoted Member

hah, nice. Game on.

This could go either way. Technically, Stubhub is not in the wrong because they are not selling tickets at that location, it's only a pick up spot for previously arranged transaction. But the spirit of the law is probably violated by creating a secondary ticket source within the 1500 foot exclusion zone

The Yankees sue StubHub over store near Yankee Stadium
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ankee-stadium/
    Not only is StubHub not selling tickets at that location, StubHub is not selling tickets.

What if I buy a ticket on the Yankee Ticket Exchange and print it within 1500 feet of Yankee Stadium, then are the NY Yankees ticket scalpers because they own & manage a secondary ticket marketplace?

Why didn't StubHub rent an office 1600 feet from Yankee Stadium? Probs too much free press for their new office and their lawyers assured them they would win.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...182962278.html

StubHub argues that printing tickets at the site is no different than a private citizen printing tickets in his or her residence near the stadium, and isn't subject to this law.

"The current lawsuit brought by the Yankees is completely without merit," read a statement from StubHub spokesman Glenn Lehrman. "Having launched their own secondary website with Ticketmaster recently, this lawsuit is a move by the Yankees to reduce competition and consumer choice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...182962278.html

StubHub argues that printing tickets at the site is no different than a private citizen printing tickets in his or her residence near the stadium, and isn't subject to this law.

"The current lawsuit brought by the Yankees is completely without merit," read a statement from StubHub spokesman Glenn Lehrman. "Having launched their own secondary website with Ticketmaster recently, this lawsuit is a move by the Yankees to reduce competition and consumer choice."
    I don't believe an individual printing a ticket within 1500 feet of Yankee Stadium as long as it wasn't part of a commercial business centering around that ticket would be in violoation of the scalping law.

NYYF Legend

I don't believe an individual printing a ticket within 1500 feet of Yankee Stadium as long as it wasn't part of a commercial business centering around that ticket would be in violoation of the scalping law.
    All people who buy tickets from home are engaging in a commercial transaction. So you just proved the case in favor of stubhub

All people who buy tickets from home are engaging in a commercial transaction. So you just proved the case in favor of stubhub
    Plus... StubHub has their pickup location in the Theater District as well. you can pick up Show Tickets, Concert Tickets etc.. from that location well within any 1500 ft limit of the local venues. Precedence is on their side as well.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Thousands of people are buying tickets off StubHub without ever going to any StubHub storefront, therefore the transaction is on the internet, making StubHub's location irrelevant. The storefront isn't necessary for the transaction to take place.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

OD tickets on Stub Hub are ridiculous.

Probably not the right thread but just wanted to mention that they announced the 7 firms with the best bids to run the new World Trade Center observation deck. The Yankees are apparently branching out of baseball & sports because their Legends Hospitality Group is one of the finalists to run the new facility. Tickets expected to be $20/$25, wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up on stubhub eventually
    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...r-observatory/

Looks like they won.

"A projected 3.5 million visitors a year to the three-level observatory at 1 World Trade Center will be able to see the history of New York City on video screens, punch up the number of available seats for a Broadway show or a Yankees game..."

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_grand View Post

Looks like they won.

"A projected 3.5 million visitors a year to the three-level observatory at 1 World Trade Center will be able to see the history of New York City on video screens, punch up the number of available seats for a Broadway show or a Yankees game..."
    Wow. I must have missed that article.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_grand View Post

Looks like they won.

Wow, I wonder how they're going to build a moat up there

Tourists, bring your wallets, ATM cards, & check books

Why couldnt SH just open up a cyber cafe/print shop, etc adjacent to the stadium where someone could easily access a printer to print off anything, including but not exclusive to tickets purchased on SH?

Is SH planning to use the location as an LMS center as well for hard tickets? I am guessing they are

Good publicity for the NYY Ticket Exchange...........

Thuuuhhhh Yankees win!

https://twitter.com/EricFisherSBJ

‏@EricFisherSBJ

#Yankees have gained a temporary restraining order from a Bronx Co. (NY) judge, preventing for now StubHub opening its stadium pickup spot

Among club's exhibit filings is SH policy doc saying a sale not complete until buyer gets tickets. NYY using to say pickup spot part of sale

A read through of Yankees' exhibits in @stubhub case shows team is trying to use company's own stated policies against it.

Thread Information