+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 139 FirstFirst ... 20 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3466

Re: The StubHub Thread

I realized I sold all my Opening Day tickets as downloads since I figured the ticket office may not send them out until the day before the game to stick it to anyone selling on stubhub. Anyway I just realized there is a note that they aren't available to download until March 11th. I put a date of March 4th. How much of a pain will it be with stubhub?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    I realized I sold all my Opening Day tickets as downloads since I figured the ticket office may not send them out until the day before the game to stick it to anyone selling on stubhub. Anyway I just realized there is a note that they aren't available to download until March 11th. I put a date of March 4th. How much of a pain will it be with stubhub?
    you should always put the last possible date. For all my tickets I put 3/25 at the very earliest, and even with that date I was worried they might not be available for download by them. Where did you see March 11th? You have to tell them and they will call the buyer and ask if it's ok with them. If the guy says no it's not ok, he can bust the sale or he can request replacement tickets. If he wants replacement tickets, they will take them from someone else's listing and charge you for any price difference. But there's no way they'll find anything with a download date as early as the 4th. If you wait til later and prices dump, the guy will walk away from the sale for sure so he can buy cheaper tickets. So you're best bet is to call stubhub as soon as possible so they can get the buyer's consent while it's impossible to source early tickets and prices are still high enough for you to replace the sale if he does walk away

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    you should always put the last possible date. For all my tickets I put 3/25 at the very earliest, and even with that date I was worried they might not be available for download by them. Where did you see March 11th? You have to tell them and they will call the buyer and ask if it's ok with them. If the guy says no it's not ok, he can bust the sale or he can request replacement tickets. If he wants replacement tickets, they will take them from someone else's listing and charge you for any price difference. But there's no way they'll find anything with a download date as early as the 4th. If you wait til later and prices dump, the guy will walk away from the sale for sure so he can buy cheaper tickets. So you're best bet is to call stubhub as soon as possible so they can get the buyer's consent while it's impossible to source early tickets and prices are still high enough for you to replace the sale if he does walk away
    When you go to the top of the page it says a note there ticketfast will be delayed until March 11th. I usually always just enter barcodes and put in the latest date. I was an idiot though this year and for some reason hit the 4th instead of the latest date.

I called up already and they're reaching out to the buyers.

This has probably been addressed a few times, but I've been MIA from the boards in the offseason.

I know the Yanks cut ties with SH, which means no emailing barcodes anymore. Yet, I still see options for both FedEx and Electronic delivery on SH. Can someone explain what's going on? Has SH found a way around the barcode issue to email tickets or am I misinformed?

I also see that SH is planning to open a last minute ticket buyer location near the stadium, will they just be buying up actual tickets or again offering some way of buying electronic print outs?

Thanks for the help.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKoolAidKid View Post
    Yet, I still see options for both FedEx and Electronic delivery on SH. Can someone explain what's going on? Has SH found a way around the barcode issue to email tickets or am I misinformed?

I also see that SH is planning to open a last minute ticket buyer location near the stadium, will they just be buying up actual tickets or again offering some way of buying electronic print outs?
    You can still upload your PDF for print-at-home like with the Knicks, Rangers, whatever. I'm selling all my tickets electronic, hoping the Yankees don't charge a $2 fee or more per ticket but I'll eat that if I have to. The office across the stadium will be to pick up hard tickets

Also BTW, Stubhub just dumped FedEx this week. Everything is now going out UPS for the physical delivery option.

You can still upload your PDF for print-at-home like with the Knicks, Rangers, whatever. I'm selling all my tickets electronic, hoping the Yankees don't charge a $2 fee or more per ticket but I'll eat that if I have to. The office across the stadium will be to pick up hard tickets

Also BTW, Stubhub just dumped FedEx this week. Everything is now going out UPS for the physical delivery option.
    Thanks for the info, Gordon. Good to know we'll still be able to buy tickets day of game off SH. Does anyone know what the cut off is for physical tickets mailing? Two days before? Shorter, longer?

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2013...utside-stadium

"Alice McGillion, the Yankees spokeswoman, said the team is considering a price floor, but has not made a final decision."

Alice works for a very powerful and expensive pr firm, the same one George used for 28 years.
    http://www.rubenstein.com/
    she used to be the number 2 man at the NYPD
    http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/25/ny...-official.html

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKoolAidKid View Post
    Thanks for the info, Gordon. Good to know we'll still be able to buy tickets day of game off SH. Does anyone know what the cut off is for physical tickets mailing? Two days before? Shorter, longer?
    I'd assume the same as if you sold concert tickets. If you want to be sure just try to sell a game and right away it says when will you have tickets and just keep going on the calendar until it stops.

Devoted Member

StubHub finally wised up and moved to UPS!! (I'm a UPS employee so very happy about that )

Why eat a $2 fee when the buyer pays StubHub the same amount now for Electronic Download or UPS delivery. I listed all of mine as UPS delivery until I'm certain the Yankees are not charging a fee plus I think the buyers will prefer hard copy season tickets for authenticity without bar code integration. I can always switch to PDF upload later to extend my sales time to game time.

Many more UPS drop off locations for an envelope including your local UPS Store.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    StubHub finally wised up and moved to UPS!! (I'm a UPS employee so very happy about that )

Why eat a $2 fee when the buyer pays StubHub the same amount now for Electronic Download or UPS delivery. I listed all of mine as UPS delivery until I'm certain the Yankees are not charging a fee plus I think the buyers will prefer hard copy season tickets for authenticity without bar code integration. I can always switch to PDF upload later to extend my sales time to game time.

Many more UPS drop off locations for an envelope including your local UPS Store.
    Well about that, I prefer UPS for getting stuff because when things are shipped 2 or 3 day and the item happens to get to the warehouse overnight, you will get in within 1 day. Fedex instead acts like a dick and holds the package hostage "not scheduled for delivery" because those jerks don't want anybody getting free faster service.

But for shipping documents FedEx has always been my preferred shipper because they have a nice clean envelope that you can slide the shipping label into, and UPS you have to jump through hoops to get the label on the envelope. Has that changed, do they have the plastic window labels now? I've never had a problem locating a drop box for either

In terms of shipping option on SH, I chose electronic because everyone else was selecting Fedex. Also I don't trust the Yankees to deliver hard tickets before the latest cutoff date on sh. I also think there's a 50/50 chance there still won't be a download fee in your Yankees account. If there is it won't be more than a couple bucks

In terms of shipping option on SH, I chose electronic because everyone else was selecting Fedex. Also I don't trust the Yankees to deliver hard tickets before the latest cutoff date on sh. I also think there's a 50/50 chance there still won't be a download fee in your Yankees account. If there is it won't be more than a couple bucks
    Correct me if I'm wrong, even if you selected Fedex/UPS as your delivery method, there is no reason you couldn't just print out the electronic versions of the tickets from your account if the hard tickets haven't showed up in the mail yet

Devoted Member

Well about that, I prefer UPS for getting stuff because when things are shipped 2 or 3 day and the item happens to get to the warehouse overnight, you will get in within 1 day. Fedex instead acts like a dick and holds the package hostage "not scheduled for delivery" because those jerks don't want anybody getting free faster service.

But for shipping documents FedEx has always been my preferred shipper because they have a nice clean envelope that you can slide the shipping label into, and UPS you have to jump through hoops to get the label on the envelope. Has that changed, do they have the plastic window labels now? I've never had a problem locating a drop box for either

Yes, use the UPS Window Envelope see it here: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...indow+Envelope

the only game that there might be a tight time crunch between Yankee ticket delivery and game date is opening day. My rep told me to expect ticket delivery about a week before the season starts.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, even if you selected Fedex/UPS as your delivery method, there is no reason you couldn't just print out the electronic versions of the tickets from your account if the hard tickets haven't showed up in the mail yet
    This is true, and I've actually done that in the past. Didn't think about that, +1 for you

Devoted Member

I have had that happen to me too. Stuff shows up at the local FedEx office on Tuesday afternoon but they won't deliver it to my office until Thursday, even when they have 3-4 other items to deliver to the same office on Wednesday and they are coming here anyway. And their explanation is "the sender paid for two-day delivery, so we have to hold it until the delivery date." So they send their guy on a whole new trip to deliver it on Thursday.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I have had that happen to me too. Stuff shows up at the local FedEx office on Tuesday afternoon but they won't deliver it to my office until Thursday, even when they have 3-4 other items to deliver to the same office on Wednesday and they are coming here anyway. And their explanation is "the sender paid for two-day delivery, so we have to hold it until the delivery date." So they send their guy on a whole new trip to deliver it on Thursday.
    That stinks, sign up for UPS MyChoice, for free, and you'll get an email, voicemail or text the day before delivery letting you know when your package will arrive. You'll get notified even when you don't know someone shipped something to you or have the tracking number, like a StubHub ticket delivery.

http://www.ups.com/mychoice/

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    That stinks, sign up for UPS MyChoice, for free, and you'll get an email, voicemail or text the day before delivery letting you know when your package will arrive. You'll get notified even when you don't know someone shipped something to you or have the tracking number, like a StubHub ticket delivery.

http://www.ups.com/mychoice/
    That sounds fine, but how does that help when the sender has chosen to send by FedEx?

NYYF Cy Young

. . . Fedex instead acts like a dick and holds the package hostage "not scheduled for delivery" because those jerks don't want anybody getting free faster service.
    Sounds like that would automatically make them the official shipper of the NY Yankees.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    That sounds fine, but how does that help when the sender has chosen to send by FedEx?
    Who is FedEx?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Sounds like that would automatically make them the official shipper of the NY Yankees.
    I hate that about fedex as well. With UPS I get almost anything shipped from within the northeast the next day regardless of delivery type. I absolute hate when fedex just lets things sit around for 2 extra days for spite. As a result, I do my best to not use them.

Looks like StubHub is planning on opening up a pickup location right near the stadium and don't plan to back down against the Yankees fighting it.

I know this has been brought up in the past but I figure I'll ask again because there's 70 pages of info

I believe now stubhub sends you a 1099 if you do $20k in sales. Is that $20k before or after the 15% commission?

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue17 View Post
    Looks like StubHub is planning on opening up a pickup location right near the stadium and don't plan to back down against the Yankees fighting it.

The most amazing part of this article is that a store only feet from Yankee Stadium can't say in business.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    The most amazing part of this article is that a store only feet from Yankee Stadium can't say in business.

Well, there are only 85 or so games per year, so what are you gonna do for business the other 280 days.

Well, there are only 85 or so games per year, so what are you gonna do for business the other 280 days.
    Drugs. Duh.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Nice!

Thread Information