+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 143 FirstFirst ... 19 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3551

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yanksfanrwu View Post
    I'm actually headed out to Cali for those 3 teams in May, they wont be playing the Yanks, but I'd love some pointers on getting to and from all of those stadiums!
    It is fairly easy to get to Dodger Stadium and to a parking spot in the parking lot. The hard part is getting out. I was there last summer and they had people all over the place directing inbound traffic but after the game, you're on your own. It is like demolition derby out there. Took two minutes from gate to parking spot on the way in and 45 minutes from parking spot to gate on the way out.

Anaheim Stadium is a piece of cake to get to a short distance to the east of I-5 off E. Katella Ave. No problem getting in or out.

My best advice for Petco is to stay at the Omni Hotel that is attached to the stadium via skybridge. It is about a two minute trip from your room to your seat (depending on where you sit, of course). Sorry I can't offer any advice if you stay elsewhere.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Quick sidebar...
    Since i know no one here is too fond of ticketmaster (especially their fees) I thought some may find this at least mildly amusing....

Citizen Uses Baltimoreís Old Scalping Law To Give Ticketmaster A Swift Kick In The Pants

http://consumerist.com/2013/02/26/citizen-uses-baltimores-old-scalping-law-to-give-ticketmaster-a-swift-kick-in-the-pants/#more-10120589

haha:

"City politicians and those who run the cityís venues are worried that if Ticketmaster has to shell out $1,000 per ticket violation, the company wonít want to handle events there anymore. A City Council finance committee is expected to vote this week on a measure that would make an exception for Ticketmasterís and similar companiesí fees, reports the Baltimore Sun."

you're worried what whaaaaaat? lol Not having ticketmaster is a very good thing, you can't even pay them to stay away. And here they would do it voluntarily

Anyone having issues with their listings? I have 2 for Opening Day still and it doesn't show up when I go on the stubhub map and 6 for the Dodgers game same thing. They show in my account still.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    Anyone having issues with their listings? I have 2 for Opening Day still and it doesn't show up when I go on the stubhub map and 6 for the Dodgers game same thing. They show in my account still.

All MLB tickets on Stubhub are listed such that the price shown includes all fees. Meaning, the price you're selling at, is not the same price shown on the listing page. The buyer sees the all inclusive total (your price plus Stubhub fees).

If you go onto your account sales listing page, click where it says "see more" by the price of your tickets. It will show the price per ticket, the commission paid, your payout, and the price the buyer sees (with fees included). Take that price the buyer sees, and you can find your listings on the map page.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroo Court View Post
    All MLB tickets on Stubhub are listed such that the price shown includes all fees. Meaning, the price you're selling at, is not the same price shown on the listing page. The buyer sees the all inclusive total (your price plus Stubhub fees).

If you go onto your account sales listing page, click where it says "see more" by the price of your tickets. It will show the price per ticket, the commission paid, your payout, and the price the buyer sees (with fees included). Take that price the buyer sees, and you can find your listings on the map page.
    Thanks I just found em. I'm an idiot lol

Thanks Gecko and Ram -

I already got my tickets for the Dodgers, Preferred Field VIP 44 |Row CC. 1st base line shallow outfield, for $20 below listed prices already! Going to wait on Padres and Angels seats to see what their secondary market looks like.

Part of the stadium tours for me is ALWAYS rooting for the home team, unless of course theyre playing the Yankees. This worked out well when I went to Fenway and Citi!

NYYF Legend

Buyer Beware

Just wanted to point out something here to people considering buying from the yankees TicketsNow exchange, you may not be getting the best price by going straight there.

I was just playing with their system and I accessed the same listing through 2 sources. For a listing in Main 234, row 11, the asking price directly on yankees ticketsnow was $122 per ticket. To compare prices I checked out seatgeek.com and saw the same location and number of tickets for $108 each. I clicked through and low and behold it was the exact same listing but $15 cheaper per ticket:

Edit: just tried the same thing for section 422, row 12 and the seatgeek link was $11 cheaper at $86 instead of $97

Not that I'll be buying anything from the ticketsnow site, I really hate that they pile on the fees at the end and whack you with a big surprise charge AFTER you had to log in or create an account. As a buyer I'm really down with the new stubhub what you see is what you get format (which is not so good for sellers who are losing a lot of pricing power)

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Barcodes on your phone = blowing the resale market wide open and best possible thing for fans. Everyone would LOVE that but the Yankees will never let it happen. And what you don't realize is what the Indians are doing is the worst possible thing for fans. That's called paperless tickets and you are essentially a slave to the team. You can't sell your tickets without walking the buyer to the gate with your credit card
    http://gigaom.com/2013/02/26/passboo...%28moconews%29

The teams that will start accepting Passbook tickets for the first time are the Minnesota Twins, Baltimore Orioles, Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland Aís, Pittsburgh Pirates, Detroit Tigers and Chicago Cubs. The New York Mets, San Francisco Giants and Kansas City Royals, which began accepting Passbook last September, will again offer the service this season. MLB says there are three more teams that will enable iOS tickets this season, but that are not yet ready to make an official announcement.
    What's the chances the Yankees are 1 of them (ha)? I really do think the Yankees will be the last team to implement any technology changes, and then once they do, advertise how amazing they are and raise ticket prices because of it.

Looking for opinions on the resale value of the 50% off coupons that I will get with my season tickets. I'm thinking someone could use them to buy 2 Mon to Thurs $300 tickets behind home plate for $150 each, saving them $300 or for Delta Suites tickets that include food and beverage.

NYYF Cy Young

This article real sizes things up nicely. http://www.pinstripedbible.com/2013/...e-a-bit-better

"This is the beauty of StubHub, in my opinion. It presents a sharper picture of the ticket market, for better or worse. Trost himself even pointed out that there were 76ers tickets going for 18 cents on StubHub. Has he ever been to a 76ers game? Anyone who has ever lived in the Philadelphia area, as I do, knows that basketball for whatever reason has always been a difficult sell. If Sixers tickets were going for 18 cents, itís because people considered 19 cents too much to see the team."

"Whatís really happening, and what is irritating every team, not just the Yankees and Angels, is that StubHub is telling them what their game tickets are really worth."

NYYF Legend

nice, Sparky. This is a good article too:
    http://www.pinstripedbible.com/2013/...yankee-stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    This article real sizes things up nicely. http://www.pinstripedbible.com/2013/...e-a-bit-better

"This is the beauty of StubHub, in my opinion. It presents a sharper picture of the ticket market, for better or worse. Trost himself even pointed out that there were 76ers tickets going for 18 cents on StubHub. Has he ever been to a 76ers game? Anyone who has ever lived in the Philadelphia area, as I do, knows that basketball for whatever reason has always been a difficult sell. If Sixers tickets were going for 18 cents, itís because people considered 19 cents too much to see the team."

"Whatís really happening, and what is irritating every team, not just the Yankees and Angels, is that StubHub is telling them what their game tickets are really worth."

It is not just the 18 cents or 5 dollars. It is the fact that just to get to Yankee Stadium, betweem gas, tolls and parking it has to cost me about $60. So, even if the tickets are FREE, do I want to spend $60 to go to a particular game. More and more, with the traffic, weather, and price gouging inside the stadium, the answer is no. Evidently I am not the only one with that opinion.

As I have posted numerous times before, Trost and Levine were perfectly happy to use high Stubhub prices the last season at old YS to set high prices at new YS. Now that they are being told by the market that their prices are way too high, they look for excuses, instead of admitting that the market has changed. They can't even sell out the $5 tier box seats on the $5 nights. In the pasts those tickets sold out immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    They can't even sell out the $5 tier box seats on the $5 nights. In the pasts those tickets sold out immediately.
    Bingo! They even use Francesa as their stooge to explain why the ALCS could not sell out a Saturday night game. Some fluff about Wall Street not having time to buy seats, which is rubbish. The seats empty for the ALCS were the ENTIRE 400 level sections in fair territory, seats not purchased by corporations, but by fans.

5 years ago, ALCS tickets in tier reserve for games 1 and 2 would be gone before the date/time were known or even if the Yankees had advanced, and there were about 10,000 more of them in OYS to boot

It is not just the 18 cents or 5 dollars. It is the fact that just to get to Yankee Stadium, betweem gas, tolls and parking it has to cost me about $60. So, even if the tickets are FREE, do I want to spend $60 to go to a particular game. More and more, with the traffic, weather, and price gouging inside the stadium, the answer is no. Evidently I am not the only one with that opinion.

As I have posted numerous times before, Trost and Levine were perfectly happy to use high Stubhub prices the last season at old YS to set high prices at new YS. Now that they are being told by the market that their prices are way too high, they look for excuses, instead of admitting that the market has changed. They can't even sell out the $5 tier box seats on the $5 nights. In the pasts those tickets sold out immediately.
    Until the late 1990's, you could walk up and buy $10 loge seat in the infield for Red Sox games and park for $10.

The Yankees rose almost in parallel with the economy from 1996 through 2005-ish. Money was everywhere, they went to six world series in eight years with a home grown core. It was a perfect storm. hate to say it, but 9/11 extended the 'glory years' as the 'comfort food' of the yankees and the stadium was a big attraction.

Then, another perfect storm hit. The people who came of age in the mid nineties and could afford the time and money for tix got older and had kids. And the people behind them were jaded to the Yankees in the playoffs every year. Then the economy crashed. Smart phones, hi-def and unlimited content at home took off. Gas prices peaked and stadium prices skyrockted....in latter years in an arena that was no longer truly Yankee Stadiuim to begin with.

In the midst of all this, the Yankees moved to put scalpers out of business by marking their tickets way up with the idea that the secondary market would absorb it...

For years and years the yankees struggled to draw...and i think that's going to return. I doubt there will be 23,000 in the place for a Red Sox series as we saw in the 1980's, but I do think 30,000 per game averages is coming soon.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Until the late 1990's, you could walk up and buy $10 loge seat in the infield for Red Sox games and park for $10.

The Yankees rose almost in parallel with the economy from 1996 through 2005-ish. Money was everywhere, they went to six world series in eight years with a home grown core. It was a perfect storm. hate to say it, but 9/11 extended the 'glory years' as the 'comfort food' of the yankees and the stadium was a big attraction.

Then, another perfect storm hit. The people who came of age in the mid nineties and could afford the time and money for tix got older and had kids. And the people behind them were jaded to the Yankees in the playoffs every year. Then the economy crashed. Smart phones, hi-def and unlimited content at home took off. Gas prices peaked and stadium prices skyrockted....in latter years in an arena that was no longer truly Yankee Stadiuim to begin with.

In the midst of all this, the Yankees moved to put scalpers out of business by marking their tickets way up with the idea that the secondary market would absorb it...

For years and years the yankees struggled to draw...and i think that's going to return. I doubt there will be 23,000 in the place for a Red Sox series as we saw in the 1980's, but I do think 30,000 per game averages is coming soon.
    All of what you say is true. What I can add is that it's not the end of the world for Hank & Hal if their Stadium revenue goes from $400,000,000 per year to $200,000,000 per year, because all the money now is in the TV contracts, and they own the TV station. If the Dodger rights are worth $350M/year, it's not too far fetched to imagine that they're generating $500M for YES. The Steinbrenner boys are made, these still high current prices are just plain piggish greed.

Devoted Member

Well put. I did the math, and it costs me roughly $30 in gas, $35 in parking, and $1.50 in tolls. The only reason I could make it to 15 games a year is because 10 of those games I was buying tickets off of Stubhub for less than $25 a piece. If I can find tickets for the same price, I will continue to attend around the same amount of games, if not, I'll just watch from home.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
    Well put. I did the math, and it costs me roughly $30 in gas, $35 in parking, and $1.50 in tolls. The only reason I could make it to 15 games a year is because 10 of those games I was buying tickets off of Stubhub for less than $25 a piece. If I can find tickets for the same price, I will continue to attend around the same amount of games, if not, I'll just watch from home.
    you can avoid the $1.50 exit fee by taking 87 to saw mill to 684 to I-84 into Waterbury. I generally avoid I-95 like the plague

Devoted Member

All of what you say is true. What I can add is that it's not the end of the world for Hank & Hal if their Stadium revenue goes from $400,000,000 per year to $200,000,000 per year, because all the money now is in the TV contracts, and they own the TV station. If the Dodger rights are worth $350M/year, it's not too far fetched to imagine that they're generating $500M for YES. The Steinbrenner boys are made, these still high current prices are just plain piggish greed.
    If the Yankees attendance drops by a large amount this season, do the Yankees do something to fix it, or do they not care because the TV money is there?

NYYF Legend

If the Yankees attendance drops by a large amount this season, do the Yankees do something to fix it, or do they not care because the TV money is there?
    they should and probably will care about maintaining the brand, so after the failed experiment of trying to put stubhub out of business they're going to start lowering prices, but probably not by enough, fast enough. Too many empty seats on TV game in and game out is embarrassing and diminishes the brand. That's a problem

Devoted Member

you can avoid the $1.50 exit fee by taking 87 to saw mill to 684 to I-84 into Waterbury. I generally avoid I-95 like the plague
    Yup, that's my route. I pay going into NY only. I-95 is horrible, by the time I get out of work, I'd be getting to the stadium around the 3rd inning haha.

They will still care. Food and concessions will be an issue. For the Yankees though it seems like every year they have problems in April May part of June and September.

Mid June through the end of August they can fill the place up when they dump tickets on stubhub. Kids are off and also tourists. I have had family members come from countries where they don't even watch baseball but they want to see the stadium and there are always tourists there.

I'm also sure if things go bad we will see them offer a lot of tickets at 60% off promos.

Devoted Member

Wow. I have been reading tons of posts on here about the high costs of going to the games. You guys make it sound like Trost and Levine are forcing you to go or forcing you to buy the tickets. If you so desperately need to avoid a $1.50 toll in order to be able to go to more games, maybe you should be watching the games from home on TV.

Well, I think $200mm is a pretty big deal...even for the Steinbrenners.

I've said before, I think in other threads, that 100% attendance is not optimal for the Yankees from a business standpoint....at least not from a short term profit perspective. If every ticket is sold, they are almost certainly leaving money on the table. I don't know what the optimal attendance crossover point is, but at this Yankee Stadium it's lower than it was at the old stadium. the fact that there are 8,000 fewer seats is in part reflective of that.

Longer term I certainly can argue that the brand is damaged by having 80% capacity at playoff games and the like, but those 10,000 or so empty seats are more than paid for by jacking up overall pricing.

I used to go to something like 30 games a year in the early 00's. I think I paid $20 per seat for season tix exactly behind home plate in the second row in the upper deck. Not incredible seats, but really solid value given the configuraiton of the stadium. I was living in the city then and could take the subway and be there in 20 minutes door to door. I remember I would allow myself $30 a game for beers/food and that was good for two or three beers and something to eat.

So $50 for a full day at the Stadium, $1500 for the summer basically, with a solid view, passionate fans all around me, an historic stadium and a late stage dynasty team with a home grown core of Jeter/Bernie/Jorge/Andy/Mo and guys like O'Neill/Tino/Brosius that were easy to root for.

Compare that to today. Not even close in terms of prices or ambience. but I'm not really the fan they want there. I'm fortuate to make a really nice living relative to the country at large, but they don't want me and my $50 game budget...they want tourists, corporations and the like who will spend 3X that at the game. They'd rather sell 70% of the seats at 3X the revenue, for example, than 100% of the seats at 1/3 the revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post

Agree 100%

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Wow. I have been reading tons of posts on here about the high costs of going to the games. You guys make it sound like Trost and Levine are forcing you to go or forcing you to buy the tickets. If you so desperately need to avoid a $1.50 toll in order to be able to go to more games, maybe you should be watching the games from home on TV.
    Yes, congratulations you figured it all out. It was always about $1.50. You're like a savant or something, well done.

Thread Information