+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 137 FirstFirst ... 18 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3410
  1. #1676
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue17 View Post
    I wish they'd hurry up and allow ticketholders to have their ticket barcodes scanned from their phones. I heard that the Indians are allowing tickets to be linked to credit cards so that all you need to do is swipe your CC to enter yet the Yankees still can't scan a barcode off a smartphone.
    Barcodes on your phone = blowing the resale market wide open and best possible thing for fans. Everyone would LOVE that but the Yankees will never let it happen. And what you don't realize is what the Indians are doing is the worst possible thing for fans. That's called paperless tickets and you are essentially a slave to the team. You can't sell your tickets without walking the buyer to the gate with your credit card

  2. #1677

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Barcodes on your phone = blowing the resale market wide open and best possible thing for fans. Everyone would LOVE that but the Yankees will never let it happen. And what you don't realize is what the Indians are doing is the worst possible thing for fans. That's called paperless tickets and you are essentially a slave to the team. You can't sell your tickets without walking the buyer to the gate with your credit card
    I did consider that. It seems like they are introducing that as something that's a benefit to fans, all the paperless tickets are 20% off the regular price, which can be a big discount on higher priced tickets. That obviously isn't the best option for everyone, especially fans who ultimately end up reselling, but as long as it isn't required, it seems like an okay thing to have available. I was mostly commenting on the technology aspect though, it seems like the Yankees just want to be scanning physical barcodes for the rest of eternity.

  3. #1678

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue17 View Post
    I did consider that. It seems like they are introducing that as something that's a benefit to fans, all the paperless tickets are 20% off the regular price, which can be a big discount on higher priced tickets. That obviously isn't the best option for everyone, especially fans who ultimately end up reselling, but as long as it isn't required, it seems like an okay thing to have available. I was mostly commenting on the technology aspect though, it seems like the Yankees just want to be scanning physical barcodes for the rest of eternity.
    They want to do anything they can to pinch money out of people.

  4. #1679
    Devoted Member
    YankeeSTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Section 420C

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    I went on Mets pre-sale today and for Mets vs. Yankee games at Citifield and this came up:

    Section 513 Row 3 for $84 each = $168 plus a $17.50 Convenience fee plus $6.00 order fee for a total of $191.50, that's crazy!

    That's equivalent to Grandstand Infield at Yankee Stadium so would be about $82.00 for 2 tickets on Ticketmaster for an advance game sale price. I didn't buy them, wonder what they'll be selling for on StubHub in late May?

  5. #1680

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    I went on Mets pre-sale today and for Mets vs. Yankee games at Citifield and this came up:

    Section 513 Row 3 for $84 each = $168 plus a $17.50 Convenience fee plus $6.00 order fee for a total of $191.50, that's crazy!

    That's equivalent to Grandstand Infield at Yankee Stadium so would be about $82.00 for 2 tickets on Ticketmaster for an advance game sale price. I didn't buy them, wonder what they'll be selling for on StubHub in late May?
    The Mets management has their head stuck in the sand. The keep raising the prices for the subway series since that and OD are the only sell outs. They think NYY fans won't buy them at crazy prices, but that Mets fans will?????

    Since they are mid week games, I would think you will get them at face on SH and won't have to pay the face plus fees directly from the Mets.

  6. #1681

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yankees ticketsnow also has the guarantee of authenticity that SH used to have. That's what levine / trost are banking on to overtake SH and put fear into people buying elsewhere. But with SH's MLB partnership and heavy marketing, people will easily trust stubhub to make good on ticket purchases so it's a level playing field.
    Is it, though? For my tickets, I am absolutely going to list them on Ticketsnow over SH. There's a 10% difference in fees on my end, and the ease of listing as opposed to having to physically upload upon sale is another huge factor.

    If they either do not set floors- or the floors are reasonable- I won't list one ticket on SH all season. For the lower-priced seats, I could see how SH represents a continuing solid option. But my seats are in the mid 200's per, and over the course of a season I will save thousands due to the much smaller fee structure.

    Additionally, I've had less problems listing my NYR tickets through the ticketmaster secondary market than I've had with SH over the past few years with the Yanks.

    So while the Yankees' official statements often make no sense or seem to contradict reality, at the end of the day I'm pretty happy where they ended up. I used SH only because I had to- in no other arena would I want to pay such ludicrously high fees.

    Oh..one more thing. Whenever there was a SH problem, SH would blame it on the Yanks and the Yanks would blame it on SH. Since there's an inherent marriage already (as there is with the other NY teams that use similar ticketmaster services), I anticipate much less tech issues.

  7. #1682

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    The Mets management has their head stuck in the sand. The keep raising the prices for the subway series since that and OD are the only sell outs. They think NYY fans won't buy them at crazy prices, but that Mets fans will?????
    The Mets have priced Opening Day and the Subway Series games at prices reflective of the market the past couple of years. They see people paying over face on the secondary market, so they will charge that rate. (I am sure they have the SH data to back up their claims).

    Last year Opening Day at CitiField was a warm, sunny, and 75 degrees. This year? Who knows. If the weather tanks, these tickets will be gotten cheap on the secondary market.

    Cheers!
    -Doug

  8. #1683
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    The Mets management has their head stuck in the sand. The keep raising the prices for the subway series since that and OD are the only sell outs. They think NYY fans won't buy them at crazy prices, but that Mets fans will?????

    Since they are mid week games, I would think you will get them at face on SH and won't have to pay the face plus fees directly from the Mets.
    Mets are using dynamic pricing. They set the price too high for opening day which means it will not sell out. Closer to game time the dynamic decrease part should kick in and they will lower their prices. Apparently the Mets have promised STHs a floor on public pricing equivalent to their price, so no matter what other people won't pay less than them.

    But if come 2 weeks before OD, there are still 10,000 unsold seats - the Mets will probably dump them out the back door at 50% off on scorebig, goldstar, etc...

    These are the STH prices for this year:


  9. #1684

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Mets are using dynamic pricing. They set the price too high for opening day which means it will not sell out. Closer to game time the dynamic decrease part should kick in and they will lower their prices. Apparently the Mets have promised STHs a floor on public pricing equivalent to their price, so no matter what other people won't pay less than them.

    But if come 2 weeks before OD, there are still 10,000 unsold seats - the Mets will probably dump them out the back door at 50% off on scorebig, goldstar, etc...
    And they will... but I won't be interested even if they dropped them 90%. Dropped my 15 game pack this year due to crickets 2nd half of last season plus it is now up to $46 before I hit the turnstile with the tolls from Jersey and the parking. And that doesn't include gas. If this was the '69, '86, 2000 or 2006 Mets I would eat the cost and go. Unfortunately, I don't see that kind of excitement coming for awhile. Hope I am wrong...

  10. #1685

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    And they will... but I won't be interested even if they dropped them 90%. Dropped my 15 game pack this year due to crickets 2nd half of last season plus it is now up to $46 before I hit the turnstile with the tolls from Jersey and the parking. And that doesn't include gas. If this was the '69, '86, 2000 or 2006 Mets I would eat the cost and go. Unfortunately, I don't see that kind of excitement coming for awhile. Hope I am wrong...
    So based on $$$, you decided to become a Yankee fan and give the evil empire money instead? I can't believe the number of Met fans that are now on this Board. I wonder if it's the same on the Mets Board (yankee fans bailing to Queens because of cost). Maybe times have changed, I thought mets and Yankees are rivals. Not sure I would go to Met games just because of tolls. I would just go to fewer games if I can't afford them. Seems like some folks rather be value shoppers instead of being just a fan of the team they love.

  11. #1686

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    So based on $$$, you decided to become a Yankee fan and give the evil empire money instead? I can't believe the number of Met fans that are now on this Board. I wonder if it's the same on the Mets Board (yankee fans bailing to Queens because of cost). Maybe times have changed, I thought mets and Yankees are rivals. Not sure I would go to Met games just because of tolls. I would just go to fewer games if I can't afford them. Seems like some folks rather be value shoppers instead of being just a fan of the team they love.
    It's not just that. I'm a Yankee fan, but the game day experience at Yankee Stadium isn't all that. If I want to see a game, I'd rather go to Citi Field. It's a great place to see a game...but I would only go if there was a good pitching match up or a team I want to see comes into town.

  12. #1687
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    So based on $$$, you decided to become a Yankee fan and give the evil empire money instead? I can't believe the number of Met fans that are now on this Board. I wonder if it's the same on the Mets Board (yankee fans bailing to Queens because of cost). Maybe times have changed, I thought mets and Yankees are rivals. Not sure I would go to Met games just because of tolls. I would just go to fewer games if I can't afford them. Seems like some folks rather be value shoppers instead of being just a fan of the team they love.
    Well, the Mets do own this message board

  13. #1688

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    So based on $$$, you decided to become a Yankee fan and give the evil empire money instead? I can't believe the number of Met fans that are now on this Board. I wonder if it's the same on the Mets Board (yankee fans bailing to Queens because of cost). Maybe times have changed, I thought mets and Yankees are rivals. Not sure I would go to Met games just because of tolls. I would just go to fewer games if I can't afford them. Seems like some folks rather be value shoppers instead of being just a fan of the team they love.
    Personally, I lost real "love" for any team a long time ago. I like some teams, and I dislike teams. I dislike some owners. I can detest some players and really like others. I liked George Brett; I liked Mattingly; I liked Seaver; I hated Clemens and Bonilla...could not care what team they were on.

    When I go to California every year on vacation, I go see the Dodgers, Angels, or Padres. if the Mets are out there, I'll see them. If the Yankees are out there, especially in Anaheim, I go. This year I am catching the NYY at Dodger Stadium and Petco. It was a lucky break...my Disney Vacation Club week was 7/28 to 8/4 and my family Disney AP's expire 8/5.

    I can see a Yankee fan disliking the Red Sox, and I can see Mets fans disliking the Phillies. Those are same division rivals. I don't buy into the "I must hate one of the NY teams" mentality. In football, I like the Giants and Jets and again I don't understand those that have to hate the 'other' team.

    Baseball is a sport. It's fun. It's an escape from day to day reality. There are pleanty of people on here that have tickets to the Mets AND Yankees. Good for them.

    My first game at YS was 4/23/70. The infield was Kenney-Michael-Clarke-Cater....not exactly HOF material. I have enjoyed many days and nights in the Bronx since, and now it does save me the Triboro Bridge tolls and traffic.

  14. #1689

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    [QUOTE=GordonGecko;7681416]Well, the Mets do own this message board [/

    But gave their money to the yankees. Thank you from Lonnie and Randy.

  15. #1690

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    So based on $$$, you decided to become a Yankee fan and give the evil empire money instead? I can't believe the number of Met fans that are now on this Board. I wonder if it's the same on the Mets Board (yankee fans bailing to Queens because of cost). Maybe times have changed, I thought mets and Yankees are rivals. Not sure I would go to Met games just because of tolls. I would just go to fewer games if I can't afford them. Seems like some folks rather be value shoppers instead of being just a fan of the team they love.
    I will never become a Yankee fan. I will always be a Mets fan. I bought a very conservative 9 game plan with the Yankees solely for the outdoor entertainment - and I will be rooting for the opposing team when I go. Personally can't stand Jeter - think he's full of himself. When the Mets can justify me going an extra half hour and $46 from Jersey, I'll be back in. I was born in Jamaica, Queens, mother was from Woodside and father was from Richmond Hill. I graduated from St. John's. I will always be a Met fan - just taking a year off.

  16. #1691

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    So based on $$$, you decided to become a Yankee fan and give the evil empire money instead? I can't believe the number of Met fans that are now on this Board. I wonder if it's the same on the Mets Board (yankee fans bailing to Queens because of cost). Maybe times have changed, I thought mets and Yankees are rivals. Not sure I would go to Met games just because of tolls. I would just go to fewer games if I can't afford them. Seems like some folks rather be value shoppers instead of being just a fan of the team they love.
    I will never become a Yankee fan. I will always be a Mets fan. I bought a very conservative 9 game plan with the Yankees solely for the outdoor entertainment - mostly day games - and I will be rooting for the opposing team when I go. Personally can't stand Jeter - think he's full of himself. When the Mets can justify me going an extra half hour and $46 from Jersey, I'll be back in. I was born in Jamaica, lived in Flushing off College Pt. Blvd down the road from Shea, mother was from Woodside and father was from Richmond Hill. I graduated from St. John's. Live near Bedminster, NJ now. I will always be a Met fan - just taking a year off.

  17. #1692

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I will never become a Yankee fan. I will always be a Mets fan. I bought a very conservative 9 game plan with the Yankees solely for the outdoor entertainment - and I will be rooting for the opposing team when I go. Personally can't stand Jeter - think he's full of himself. When the Mets can justify me going an extra half hour and $46 from Jersey, I'll be back in. I was born in Jamaica, Queens, mother was from Woodside and father was from Richmond Hill. I graduated from St. John's. I will always be a Met fan - just taking a year off.
    Ok. Understood. I wasn't picking on you. I do understand the entertainment part and baseball is different than other sports. I would never consider buying a plan for the devils just to watch hockey (I'm a rangers fan).

  18. #1693

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Ok. Understood. I wasn't picking on you. I do understand the entertainment part and baseball is different than other sports. I would never consider buying a plan for the devils just to watch hockey (I'm a rangers fan).
    I've bought a small Devils plan just to go to hockey games (and I have Rangers season tickets). It's fun to go, and I had the time.

  19. #1694
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    I've bought a small Devils plan just to go to hockey games (and I have Rangers season tickets). It's fun to go, and I had the time.
    Talking about hockey and stubhub, while the Islanders are in that horrible arena on Long Island, you can get incredible seats for dirt cheap. I sat front row center ice for $80. Would cost at least $1,000 at MSG.

  20. #1695

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    It's not just that. I'm a Yankee fan, but the game day experience at Yankee Stadium isn't all that. If I want to see a game, I'd rather go to Citi Field. It's a great place to see a game...but I would only go if there was a good pitching match up or a team I want to see comes into town.
    I'm a baseball fan who loves the Yankees and thanks to StubHub, I did a lot of spur of the moment trips to the Stadium on gorgeous days just to be outside and watch some live baseball. But I can be a Yankees fan without being at the Stadium (much as I do like to go there) and I think Citi might factor into my plans a little more this year. The downside is that I can't muster a bit of excitement for the Mets. But there's quite a few National League teams I am interested in, so yeah, it's not choosing not to root for a team I love, it's choosing to watch some live baseball in a nice stadium for not a huge amount of money.

  21. #1696

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Ok. Understood. I wasn't picking on you. I do understand the entertainment part and baseball is different than other sports. I would never consider buying a plan for the devils just to watch hockey (I'm a rangers fan).
    My biggest passion is the Jets, respect the Giants but wouldn't go to their games. BBall is the Knicks, I have ST with them, haven't seen the Nets in Brooklyn yet. Baseball takes more time and patience to watch with the pitching changes and 4 hour games. Not as passionate about baseball. Last year when the Mets were unwatchable in the second half of the season, I timed myself - 2 hours and out. Left at 9:10 PM more times than I can remember.

  22. #1697

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Personally, I lost real "love" for any team a long time ago. I like some teams, and I dislike teams. I dislike some owners. I can detest some players and really like others. I liked George Brett; I liked Mattingly; I liked Seaver; I hated Clemens and Bonilla...could not care what team they were on.

    When I go to California every year on vacation, I go see the Dodgers, Angels, or Padres. if the Mets are out there, I'll see them. If the Yankees are out there, especially in Anaheim, I go. This year I am catching the NYY at Dodger Stadium and Petco. It was a lucky break...my Disney Vacation Club week was 7/28 to 8/4 and my family Disney AP's expire 8/5.

    I can see a Yankee fan disliking the Red Sox, and I can see Mets fans disliking the Phillies. Those are same division rivals. I don't buy into the "I must hate one of the NY teams" mentality. In football, I like the Giants and Jets and again I don't understand those that have to hate the 'other' team.

    Baseball is a sport. It's fun. It's an escape from day to day reality. There are pleanty of people on here that have tickets to the Mets AND Yankees. Good for them.

    My first game at YS was 4/23/70. The infield was Kenney-Michael-Clarke-Cater....not exactly HOF material. I have enjoyed many days and nights in the Bronx since, and now it does save me the Triboro Bridge tolls and traffic.
    I'm actually headed out to Cali for those 3 teams in May, they wont be playing the Yanks, but I'd love some pointers on getting to and from all of those stadiums!

  23. #1698
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yanksfanrwu View Post
    I'm actually headed out to Cali for those 3 teams in May, they wont be playing the Yanks, but I'd love some pointers on getting to and from all of those stadiums!
    Beware of where you sit at Dodger Stadium. Top Deck is cheap and there's the novelty of being able to drive right up to your seats in the far upper tier (imagine driving up to the grandstand at Yankee Stadium lol), but even though you can get those seats for less than five bucks (sometimes for pennies), you cannot go to anywhere else in the stadium. Same restriction for the bleachers, which they call pavilion. But be aware, the bleachers have traditionally been a very rough place to watch a game from, especially if you're not hispanic and rooting for the other team. But after the nasty assault incidents recently the cops have been all over the place like a fly on, well you get the picture.

    If you can swing it you should go for the dugout club. It's exactly like the Yankees Legends and face is $500 a seat, but close to game time they can be had for under 200 or 300 hundred bucks and you get to rub shoulders with Alyssa Milano and Magic Johnson.


  24. #1699
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Offering Ticket TRADE

    Opening Day, I need two tickets in Main 234, row 11 or lower. If anyone has those I can trade straight up and offer Main 231, row 12. I can also offer four tickets straight up in 429 in exchange for those two


    mlbgecko@yahoo.com

  25. #1700
    NYYF Triple Crown

    StingrayJG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shelton, CT

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quick sidebar...
    Since i know no one here is too fond of ticketmaster (especially their fees) I thought some may find this at least mildly amusing....

    Citizen Uses Baltimore’s Old Scalping Law To Give Ticketmaster A Swift Kick In The Pants

    http://consumerist.com/2013/02/26/citizen-uses-baltimores-old-scalping-law-to-give-ticketmaster-a-swift-kick-in-the-pants/#more-10120589
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. dstoffa

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts