+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 143 FirstFirst ... 17 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3551

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Got it too, has anyone with Yankees Universe been notified?
    Mastercard presale is Wed the. 27th

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    Mastercard presale is Wed the. 27th
    Man, they must spend a lot of time and money contriving and then executing this complex system of selling tickets: First you buy your season tickets, then you change your ticket plan, then you change it again. Then you buy more tickets (because 40-80 game smight not be enough). This is all within a complex web of appointments, schedules, emails and phone calls. The only people who seem to understand all of this are about 10% of the readers of this thread (I am not one of them). Why not just put them all up on ticketmaster and be done with it?

I've truely had it with Stubhub. After an email 3 weeks ago saying the PayPal 1099's were incorrect (which I still haven't received), I get this email and it will delay my tax filing another 2-3 weeks. I sent them a lovely supply asking what compensation they are going to give sellers for the ridiculous delay. I think my ticket selling days are coming to an end.

StubHub Seller, fficeffice" />>>
    >>
    We need to send you an updated 2012 Form 1099-K, as the form you previously received contained some incorrect information. The way we pulled your gross ticket sales was not correct for 2012. We assure you this has been resolved and your new form has all the correct information in accordance with the IRS guidelines. Your updated Form 1099-K should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Please use the updated form for your tax return. >>
    >>
    Note: The IRS will only receive the updated Form 1099-K from StubHub – not the form you previously received. >>
    >>
    If you’ve already filed your taxes, please consult with your tax advisor to determine what, if any, steps you need to take. >>
    >>
    We’re sorry if this caused you any confusion or inconvenience. >>
    >>
    If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us at 1099Support@StubHub.com. Thanks for using StubHub! >>

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/york-ya...0306--mlb.html

New York Yankees' "Ticket Exchange" Prices Higher Than StubHub's

Despite Lower Fees and No Price Floor, Tickets on the Team's Site Are Priced Higher Than Those on StubHub and EBay

COMMENTARY | Two months after opting out of Major League Baseball's deal with StubHub, the New York Yankees recently unveiled their own website for fans to buy and sell Yankees tickets. For now, at least, it doesn't look like the best option for fans.

Got it too, has anyone with Yankees Universe been notified?
    Got my notice; Tuesday at 2pm [MVP level]

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/york-ya...0306--mlb.html

New York Yankees' "Ticket Exchange" Prices Higher Than StubHub's

Despite Lower Fees and No Price Floor, Tickets on the Team's Site Are Priced Higher Than Those on StubHub and EBay

COMMENTARY | Two months after opting out of Major League Baseball's deal with StubHub, the New York Yankees recently unveiled their own website for fans to buy and sell Yankees tickets. For now, at least, it doesn't look like the best option for fans.
    I have FS and I can't post on the yankees' TE yet. How can the data be accurate? All u have on TN is brokers shorting. Do u work for SH?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    I have FS and I can't post on the yankees' TE yet. How can the data be accurate? All u have on TN is brokers shorting. Do u work for SH?
    That's a legit "Yahoo Sports" article, but it's shoddy b-grade journalism. As you rightly point out, it's a closed market where only hand picked participants can list and not the general public. The Yankees are probably profiting from this arrangement, so that Levine can finally come out on top by being the one to short instead of his customers

Can anyone make sense out of this comment:

"StubHub claims they are a market maker, but we all know it - they're not," Yankees chief operating officer Lonn Trost told Newsday. "The scalper doesn't need the ticket to set the price. StubHub turns a blind eye to it."

From Wiki: A market maker is a company, or an individual, that quotes both a buy and a sell price in a financial instrument or commodity held in inventory, hoping to make a profit on the bid-offer spread, or turn.[1]

I would say that in its purest form, SH is not technically a market maker but whether they are or are not, how is this relevant to the fact that they are the most widely used ticket exchange out there?

NYYF Legend

Some really funny comments from Randy Levine about Stubhub.

The guy is ridiculous.

Team executives said the price difference isn’t real. “The comparison you are seeing is a fantasy and leads to problems of nonverifiable tickets,” Yankees President Randy Levine told The Post.
    “Since no tickets have been sent to our season-ticket holders that are eligible to be posted on StubHub, whatever is on there is by definition probably illegitimate,” he added.
    “The desperation of StubHub is becoming more evident every day as they realize that the Yankees Ticket Exchange is a better product, is a more reasonably priced product and more secure product,” Levine countered. “StubHub will stop at nothing, including mischaracterizing the ticket market, trying to make a comparison of nonverifiable tickets on StubHub as compared to actual traceable tickets. This is the reason most fans will go to the Yankees Ticket Exchange.”
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...z8S9oO5Xn1LbnO

"Prices on dozens of tickets on StubHub yesterday were 7.5 percent lower on average than comparable prices posted on the Yankees Ticket Exchange, which is powered by Ticketmaster technology."

If no one has received their season tix, how is it possible to post tickets for sale on Yankees Ticket Exchange? It appears "illegitimate" tickets are being posted on the Yankees site as well.

Team executives said the price difference isn’t real. “The comparison you are seeing is a fantasy and leads to problems of nonverifiable tickets,” Yankees President Randy Levine told The Post.
    “Since no tickets have been sent to our season-ticket holders that are eligible to be posted on StubHub, whatever is on there is by definition probably illegitimate,” he added.
    =============================

Really? I'm a STH and since I know the section, row and seat numbers I'm able to post legitimately on StubHub. Ironically, I'm not able to post on Yankee Ticket Exchange without the barcodes that the Yankees have not provided to me yet. So, as of now it is only ticket brokers, short sellers and the Yankees themselves that may post on YTE.

The tickets I posted on StubHub would only be illegitimate if the Yankees, who have collected my money, do not deliver the tickets to me

Levine and Trost are idiots. SH is not a market maker. SH is an exchange. An enormously successful and popular one. You either work with them or try to build a better one. Only shot they have to is to lower both buyer and seller fees to a level where they make SH look ridiculous. I don't think they have a clear strategy on the secondary market. They just think they are the yankees and they are kings. They need to bring in the same guys that created YES if they really want to "beat" SH.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Levine and Trost are idiots. SH is not a market maker. SH is an exchange. An enormously successful and popular one. You either work with them or try to build a better one. Only shot they have to is to lower both buyer and seller fees to a level where they make SH look ridiculous. I don't think they have a clear strategy on the secondary market. They just think they are the yankees and they are kings. They need to bring in the same guys that created YES if they really want to "beat" SH.
    Yankees ticketsnow also has the guarantee of authenticity that SH used to have. That's what levine / trost are banking on to overtake SH and put fear into people buying elsewhere. But with SH's MLB partnership and heavy marketing, people will easily trust stubhub to make good on ticket purchases so it's a level playing field.

SH is a "seller offer" site where buyers "hit" the offer to buy the tix. To really open up the market place, I wish we have a "buyer offer" site where the sellers "hit" the offer to SELL their tix. Score Big is sort of like that but individuals can't use that. If such an exchange exists, you will see more STHs as there will be another avenue to dump unused tix.

Stubhub sent out this notice that there is a $3 floor for Phillies tickets which includes the $1.50 ticket transfer fee.

"Twenty-seven of the 30 MLB teams will have a cancel/reissue barcode integration ("MLB integrated teams") with StubHub in 2013 and the Philadelphia Phillies are one of the teams continuing its relationship with StubHub.
    MLB transfer fee and minimum list price

There will also be a minimum list price for all 2013 Philadelphia Phillies games of $3.00 per ticket, which is inclusive of the $1.50 MLB transfer fee."

So a ticket listed by seller at the floor of $3 means that the seller realizes $1.27? Listing price ($3) - MLB ticket transfer fee ($1.50) - 15% commission = $1.27. Buyers see a listing of $6 as the floor: listing ($3) + buyers fee ($1 min) + ticket transfer ($2). SO A $6 FLOOR means $1.27 to the seller? MLB gets $3.50? SH get $1.23? Sounds fair to me!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trentonstew View Post
    So a ticket listed by seller at the floor of $3 means that the seller realizes $1.27? Listing price ($3) - MLB ticket transfer fee ($1.50) - 15% commission = $1.27. Buyers see a listing of $6 as the floor: listing ($3) + buyers fee ($1 min) + ticket transfer ($2). SO A $6 FLOOR means $1.27 to the seller? MLB gets $3.50? SH get $1.23? Sounds fair to me!

Addicted Member

I got the same email for the Nationals (had some extra tickets from the Yanks series I sold on stubhub). I was trying to figure out that $3 floor deal too. Glad to see someone else has done the work for me.
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

I found this once a while ago but if anyone ever wonders how some brokers operate:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34...-thead-851672/

What am I missing on the Yankee ticket exchange that isn't allowing me to post some tickets on there? I know you can't do it via the account online because tix aren't active yet, but i see a punch posted already and if I try to do it it's making me put in a bar code which I obviously don't have yet.

I'm sure i'm missing something that will make me feel like an idiot, but I just can't figure it out

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    I found this once a while ago but if anyone ever wonders how some brokers operate:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34...-thead-851672/
    I love how he actually thinks he's doing a service for people. If none of these brokers existed, maybe the events people are trying to get tickets for wouldn't be sold out as fast and there would be tickets for the average people. And when tickets are released, since there wouldn't be the scripts the guy is talking about to snatch up the tickets asap, maybe the average person would have a chance to get those tickets for face value.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mookyanks View Post
    What am I missing on the Yankee ticket exchange that isn't allowing me to post some tickets on there? I know you can't do it via the account online because tix aren't active yet, but i see a punch posted already and if I try to do it it's making me put in a bar code which I obviously don't have yet.

I'm sure i'm missing something that will make me feel like an idiot, but I just can't figure it out
    The idiots are all us ticketholders that can't list. The only people that can list on yankees ticketsnow are pre-authorized brokers, who no doubt have a financial arrangement with the Yankees. Trost / Levine were apparently only upset about people shorting their tickets when it was other people doing it

NYYF Legend

And in case anyone was wondering if PDF tickets would still be available to you this year:

BENEFITS
    "Print at Home through yankees.com"

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...s.jsp#benefits

And in case anyone was wondering if PDF tickets would still be available to you this year:

BENEFITS
    "Print at Home through yankees.com"

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...s.jsp#benefits

in FAQs of my yankees account it says -

What are the fees for printing tickets?

When you print tickets, there may be charges for authentication and TicketFast® delivery. Any such fees will be displayed during the printing process.
    How many times can I download and print tickets for the same seats?

You can download and print tickets as many times as you wish. Keep in mind that applicable fees for a re-authentication and TicketFast® delivery may occur for each reissue of tickets.

What is the cutoff time for ticket printing?

You may download and print tickets up to 2 hours prior to the start of the event.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    You may download and print tickets up to 2 hours prior to the start of the event.
    used to be 45 mins

Do we know if the Yankees will print tickets for you at the stadium? I'm assuming now that they aren't using StubHub officially, that option is gone. Which is a bummer because I don't have a printer and often jumped on StubHub tickets right before the window to purchase them closed.

I wish they'd hurry up and allow ticketholders to have their ticket barcodes scanned from their phones. I heard that the Indians are allowing tickets to be linked to credit cards so that all you need to do is swipe your CC to enter yet the Yankees still can't scan a barcode off a smartphone.

Thread Information