+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 136 FirstFirst ... 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3397

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I'm shocked at the low NYY ticket prices on stubhub, without even the general public sale. To buy 2 tickets for the Dodgers first trip in since '81 for $48 all inclusive is amazing. To compare, it was very tough getting NYY tickets at Dodger Stadium. It took a while for me to get in to ticketmaster as soon as they went on sale, and the best I could get were Pavilion (bleachers) seats for $88.10 all inclusive straight from he Dodgers.

Padres tickets are not on sale yet as I would like to catch the Friday 8/2 game in SD. So far on stubhub, the prices are sky high.

So, can we presume there is huge demand to see the Yankees just about everywhere except in the Bronx. Even the subway series games at Citi are double the price on stubhub than they are at the Stadium. (And the greedy Mets charge a face starting at $63 to see the Yankees...without fees that probably bring it to over $70.)

I think Yankees ticket holders are going to get creamed on the secondary market, floor or no floor.
    What makes you think that these are the STHs who sold you the tix? Perhaps it was a trader who shorted the tix to you and hoping to cover at an even lower price at the time of delivery. Given how many STHs have bailed, I wouldn't believe the number of listings or the prices you see on SH nor would I assume they are all from STHs. SH has become a ticket "futures" trading exchange.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    Stubhub claims to have cleaned up ticket scalping but they allow this dirty backwater of short selling to exist.
    I don't have a problem with the short selling from a seller or buyer perspective as long as tickets delivered are as promised. Just like in equity markets, shorting plays a beneficial role by increasing liquidity and bringing prices closer to true market value faster. Of course on the stock market the buyer always gets the exact stocks he thought he bought. If on stubhub you get crappier seats than you paid for that's completely foul. They should absolutely disclose to the buyer any time a location swap has been made for any reason

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I don't have a problem with the short selling from a seller or buyer perspective as long as tickets delivered are as promised. Just like in equity markets, shorting plays a beneficial role by increasing liquidity and bringing prices closer to true market value faster. Of course on the stock market the buyer always gets the exact stocks he thought he bought. If on stubhub you get crappier seats than you paid for that's completely foul. They should absolutely disclose to the buyer any time a location swap has been made for any reason
    In the end I received a 75% credit which is great but they need to disclose what is going on. I will be double and triple checking every Stubhub transaction going forward.

Addicted Member

Thanks GordonGecko and Bxboy, that makes total sense to me now. I've never had that happen to me though I probably buy close to a 30/70 split from the Yanks and Stubhub. If someone gave me different seats they would have to be way better or I would want the whole transaction cancelled since I look for specific row/aisle/cover locations.
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

I am a full season ticket holder and I have already sold a good amount of my tickets on stubhub for the 2013 season. I have not taken a hit on any of them and have sold most of them for face or above face value. I will let you know when the season starts as to how many I have sold and If I am still making a profit.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    I am a full season ticket holder and I have already sold a good amount of my tickets on stubhub for the 2013 season. I have not taken a hit on any of them and have sold most of them for face or above face value. I will let you know when the season starts as to how many I have sold and If I am still making a profit.
    Nice - Location location location!

I concur about the location - I have a full season plan with a 1/3 partner (I have 51 he has 30) and all the games I have sold so far are at or above face. We will see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    Thank you. I may as well come out of hiding too. I have full season and I sold 16 games on SH so far (of which, 4 are premium games - first 3 RS + 6/18 LA). Overall, the net profit (after fees) is about 17%. Of the 4 premiums: OD fetched 3x face before fees, Game 2&3 vs RS and 6/18 LA fetched 1.5x face. I have seats in the field level. Last season, I made about 15% overall on seats I sold on SH for the games I did not go to. Maybe things will change this season and I may have to take a loss on games I can't go. But I love my seats and unless the losses become big, I will keep them. I do think location matters.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    What makes you think that these are the STHs who sold you the tix? Perhaps it was a trader who shorted the tix to you and hoping to cover at an even lower price at the time of delivery. Given how many STHs have bailed, I wouldn't believe the number of listings or the prices you see on SH nor would I assume they are all from STHs. SH has become a ticket "futures" trading exchange.
    Well, I saw the same exact seats up for every single game I checked. No, I did not check all 81 but I did check about a dozen. Same section and row every game.

I doubt the Dodgers on 6/18 is going under $20 plus fees. ($4) And since I bought them, I have to believe the price since I had to pay for them.And if SH has to guarantee them, I think the price is a good deal.

Now I have to watch the Padres for their public ticket sale. I have seen the Yankees in Anaheim and it is not really hard to get face seats; the Padres are going to be another story.

Now, I would like to see who is putting up section 201 obstructed view bleacher seats for $8 for some games on SH when the FST price is $12. $8 less fees for selling???

I realize many people will do well on resales for big games with a good location, but those others may take a bath.....

Meanwhile, out in San Diego:
    Single-game tickets for the 2013 season will go on sale to the general public on Thursday, March 7. In the meantime, this Saturday's FanFest presented by State Farm will be the first opportunity for fans to guarantee their seats for some of the biggest match-ups of the 2013 season, including the New York Yankees' first-ever visit to Petco Park. The Padres Budweiser 6 Pack includes the choice of one Yankees game (either Friday Aug. 2 or Sunday Aug. 4), and five additional games, with Opening Day and select other games excluded. The Budweiser 6 Pack is available in three seating locations, with prices starting at $99. The package will be available online, at the Petco Park box office and by phone at 619.795.5555 beginning at 7:30 a.m. on February 9.
    Last edited by mandrake; 02-08-13 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Shorting tickets is very straightforward, you could be successful or you could get burned. It seems like 90% of all events listed on stubhub start off at their peak prices and then come down gradually as the supply of listed tickets increases.

Basically to short, you list tickets early that you don't have and aren't guaranteed to have , then as prices go down you cover either by buying off stubhub itself, from somebody else, or from the team/event operator (the problem with covering from stubhub is the 25% round trip cut they take).

So for example, when All Star Game tickets at Citi Field start listing you might see a lowest price of $600 for promenade tickets. Knowing that for every other all star game in the past 5 years, tickets were available for less than $350 with a couple weeks before the game, you would make up a seating location and make a quick sale at $600 and say you'll be able to fill the order several months later. Then later you buy the tickets at the cheaper price and send then to the buyer who is locked in at the higher price.

The problem with this is it's risky - there is no guarantee you can source tickets for cheaper later on. There's also the problem of finding the exact seats you said you would deliver. eg at Yankee Stadium if you say row 14 in section 405, then you can probably fill with any lower row in any section closer to the plate. SH guarantees the buyer the tickets will be delivered in the same or better location. In practice "or better" is at the discretion of the buyer. So, if to him row 14 in 405 is better than any other seat in the Stadium that's his prerogative and he can bust the sale. In that case usually you just end up walking away. In some cases he can insist on exactly those seats and if they are listed on stubhub at a higher price you'll be on the hook for paying any amount above what you sold it to him for
    Prime example of how short selling can be disastrous was the 2011 BCS Championship Game

http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Poten...-site011106372

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Thank you. I may as well come out of hiding too. I have full season and I sold 16 games on SH so far (of which, 4 are premium games - first 3 RS + 6/18 LA). Overall, the net profit (after fees) is about 17%. Of the 4 premiums: OD fetched 3x face before fees, Game 2&3 vs RS and 6/18 LA fetched 1.5x face. I have seats in the field level. Last season, I made about 15% overall on seats I sold on SH for the games I did not go to. Maybe things will change this season and I may have to take a loss on games I can't go. But I love my seats and unless the losses become big, I will keep them. I do think location matters.
    What section?

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    What section?
    I have a friend that listed Justin Bieber tickets he purchased. He bought as many as he could in every city. Most had sold before he started getting refunds on his credit cards since he was over the ticket limit. Stubhub ended up replacing every buyers tickets with higher priced onces since the market rose dramatically. He lost thousands. Now, I won't list a ticket until I have it in hand if I went over the limit.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by chuey1997 View Post
    I have a friend that listed Justin Bieber tickets he purchased. He bought as many as he could in every city. Most had sold before he started getting refunds on his credit cards since he was over the ticket limit. Stubhub ended up replacing every buyers tickets with higher priced onces since the market rose dramatically. He lost thousands. Now, I won't list a ticket until I have it in hand if I went over the limit.
    ouch, brutal

Tough way to learn a lesson ! With the hysteria over "One Direction" in NY, and the absolutely insane prices wherever they have played, or are scheduled to play in 2013.....I lucked out and got field level (section H) for $25 face plus fees at Hershey Park......my daughter was thrilled and her and my wife celebrated by inviting friends. Stubhub has the seats several rows behind us for $450 a pop...which could have made for some summer fun. (I guess making my teenage daughter happy is worth the $2400 or so I would have pocketed. ?????)

As far as Yankees tickets, I actually purchased a Sand Diego Padres 6 pack which gets me the Friday night Yankees game for $16.50, but I have to buy 5 other games at that price. Right now, stub hub has the next section over starting at $90 for a higher row, so hopefully I can sell the other 5 games for something that will still make the deal better. I picked 2 games versus the Mets, two versus the Dodgers, and one Giants...all weekend games so I hope the Padres don't suck too much. And I hope the WS champ Giants, and the LA Dodgers bring out some fans. I am having buyers remorse with the Mets; maybe I should have loaded up on more Dodgers.
    Last edited by mandrake; 02-10-13 at 07:45 AM.

Anyone that blatantly disregards the TM limits on shows like Bieber, Swift, Beyonce, etc and then has the balls to post the tickets for sale before they are actually released deserves to get it handed to them. Absolutely StubHub will charge you with the replacement ticket prices and they dont care what the price difference is because they are passing them along to the original seller. I guess the idea of having multiple TM accounts never occurred to your friend? Even using multiple TM accounts, TM will cancel orders if they are coming from the same IP address. This ain't no game

Anyone that blatantly disregards the TM limits on shows like Bieber, Swift, Beyonce, etc and then has the balls to post the tickets for sale before they are actually released deserves to get it handed to them. Absolutely StubHub will charge you with the replacement ticket prices and they dont care what the price difference is because they are passing them along to the original seller. I guess the idea of having multiple TM accounts never occurred to your friend? Even using multiple TM accounts, TM will cancel orders if they are coming from the same IP address. This ain't no game
    There's always been a threat but I don't recall it happening often. It was the first time it ever happened to him. I told him to cancel his credit card that he used with StubHub but he never did.

Strong response by the Yankees. No price floor, 5% seller fee, 10% buyer fee and electronic ticket transfer. The fee cut and the electronic transfer will put a dent in stub hub.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...e-ticketmaster

Yankees join with Ticketmaster
    Updated: February 11, 2013, 5:31 PM ET
    By Darren Rovell | ESPN.com

The New York Yankees, one of two teams to opt out of Major League Baseball's deal that makes StubHub the official ticket resale site of the league, has announced plans to take the resale business to Ticketmaster.

The Yankees will work with Ticketmaster to form the Yankees Ticket Exchange. Fans who want to resell their tickets and want others to be able to immediately download their seats can only do it on the Yankees Ticket Exchange. The team also says those who want to resell will only have to pay the Yankees Ticket Exchange a five percent fee, as opposed to StubHub's 15 percent fee. Buyers will pay the Yankees Ticket Exchange the same 10 percent commission as StubHub.

"The Yankees Ticket Exchange will be a safe, convenient, reliable and expedient way to purchase and sell guaranteed authentic Yankees tickets," said Yankees managing general partner Hal Steinbrenner in a statement. "It is unfortunate that unscrupulous resellers utilize deceptive practices and tactics and employ unofficial websites, all of which give rise to counterfeit tickets."

The Ticket Exchange does not have a price floor, so sellers will be able to set their own prices, including at below face value.

Critics of the Yankees say that StubHub is perfectly safe, guaranteeing tickets to anyone who has been scammed on its site. They also argue that Yankees are merely avoiding the natural market that has been created by secondary ticketing sites like StubHub and that they just want a piece of the pie.

Team officials have long argued that short sellers post offerings that they don't have in hand and often lower the prices of the ticket. That affects what fans are willing to pay the team for their original tickets.

The Los Angeles Angels are the only other MLB team that will not use StubHub as a ticket resale partner.

Strong response by the Yankees. No price floor, 5% seller fee, 10% buyer fee and electronic ticket transfer. The fee cut and the electronic transfer will put a dent in stub hub.
    I hope the Yankees market this properly with prominent placement on ticketmaster web site and yankees.com. I think if they do it will most definitely put a dent in stubhub (as far as Yankees tickets go), and is better for me giving away 10% less in commission. Just tried to list but the site isn't up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by snooplives View Post
    I hope the Yankees market this properly with prominent placement on ticketmaster web site and yankees.com. I think if they do it will most definitely put a dent in stubhub (as far as Yankees tickets go), and is better for me giving away 10% less in commission. Just tried to list but the site isn't up yet.
    +1.... That 15% commission SH charges is steep. I resell my Knicks ST thru their reseller, TicketsNow and save 5% over SH. Saving 10% on resales is a no-brainer.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...e-ticketmaster

Yankees join with Ticketmaster
    Updated: February 11, 2013, 5:31 PM ET
    By Darren Rovell | ESPN.com

The New York Yankees, one of two teams to opt out of Major League Baseball's deal that makes StubHub the official ticket resale site of the league, has announced plans to take the resale business to Ticketmaster.

The Yankees will work with Ticketmaster to form the Yankees Ticket Exchange. Fans who want to resell their tickets and want others to be able to immediately download their seats can only do it on the Yankees Ticket Exchange. The team also says those who want to resell will only have to pay the Yankees Ticket Exchange a five percent fee, as opposed to StubHub's 15 percent fee. Buyers will pay the Yankees Ticket Exchange the same 10 percent commission as StubHub.

"The Yankees Ticket Exchange will be a safe, convenient, reliable and expedient way to purchase and sell guaranteed authentic Yankees tickets," said Yankees managing general partner Hal Steinbrenner in a statement. "It is unfortunate that unscrupulous resellers utilize deceptive practices and tactics and employ unofficial websites, all of which give rise to counterfeit tickets."

The Ticket Exchange does not have a price floor, so sellers will be able to set their own prices, including at below face value.

Critics of the Yankees say that StubHub is perfectly safe, guaranteeing tickets to anyone who has been scammed on its site. They also argue that Yankees are merely avoiding the natural market that has been created by secondary ticketing sites like StubHub and that they just want a piece of the pie.

Team officials have long argued that short sellers post offerings that they don't have in hand and often lower the prices of the ticket. That affects what fans are willing to pay the team for their original tickets.

The Los Angeles Angels are the only other MLB team that will not use StubHub as a ticket resale partner.
    What, then, did the Yankees accomplish by refusing to re up with StubHub?? I thought the whole cause of the attendance woes LY was SH not having price floors (yeah, I'm laughing too). Was any seller really complaining about the 15% SH seller fee? I know of several other teams that offer season ticket holders a 10% seller fee using TMs platform but when you sell at least 10 tickets on SH for every 1 on TMs resale site, is the lower seller fee even relevant? Plus, as GG mentioned, the TM site is a pain in the a$$ to navigate.

I'm curious as to why the NYY give a flying eff whether STH's pay a 15% fee on SH or a 5% fee on TM- since when has that ever been a concern??? Sounds like TM just gave Levine a way to save face but the 99 cent specials are not going away

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    +1.... That 15% commission SH charges is steep. I resell my Knicks ST thru their reseller, TicketsNow and save 5% over SH. Saving 10% on resales is a no-brainer.
    Not if nobody buys from that site. SH also gives out fan code discounts quite often to buyers so you really are not paying 10% when that is taken into consideration

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

How can they stop print at home? What are they doing to prevent me from attaching the PDFs?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by leokitty View Post
    How can they stop print at home? What are they doing to prevent me from attaching the PDFs?
    We don't actually know for sure if there's still going to be ticket forwarding available. They could conceivably try to choke the market and take away that feature. They can't really take away the PDF option from ticketmaster or ticketsnow purchases, so that would be a pretty big penalty for season ticket holders if everyone else can get PDF tickets and you as a loyal customer can't. People figure they'll still allow forwarding but will bring back the per ticket forwarding charge instead of it being free like the last couple years

Not if nobody buys from that site. SH also gives out fan code discounts quite often to buyers so you really are not paying 10% when that is taken into consideration
    If this works as well as TicketsNow with the Knicks it won't be an issue. I have not been shut out with TN and have sold tickets at prices competitive with SH. The SH fan code discounts could hurt TM resales but again it didn't hurt TN.

Thread Information