+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3332

Re: The StubHub Thread

Dodgers want you to pay for your 20 and 30 game packages without you knowing where you will be sitting. "Mini Plan buyers will not receive specific seat locations upon purchase for 20-game and 30-game plans (seats are noted as GA). A Dodgers sales representative will reach out to you within one (1) business day to pick a location for the 2013 season."

Also, tack on the extra $$$$$$$ you need for parking. No D train in LA....... Funny that if you a resident of Mexico, you can't buy the advanced parking.

Add To My Order

Los Angeles Dodgers Parking

Note: US, Canada customers only
    ItemPriceAdd to Order
    General Parking US $10.00Screen reader users, please tab to activate the combo box Quantity 0 00

Preferred Lot F Parking (3rd Base side) US $30.00Screen reader users, please tab to activate the combo box Quantity 0 00

Preferred Lot K Parking (1st Base side) US $30.00Screen reader users, please tab to activate the combo box Quantity 0 00

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Just got in to the LA Dodger ticket sales; the NYY games are very tough to get on ticketmaster. Just got my seats for Tues July 30th out in the pavilion (hope the Dodgers deiced to put seats out there instead of the benches.) At least I think they have seat backs of some sort. The Dodgers have begun a massive renovation of Dodger Stadium.

Next up is trying to get the Padres vs NYY that Friday Aug 2nd.
    Do you know when the padres general ticket sale is? Id like to fly out for this series.

I like the lowest row that is fully covered. Cooler is hot and sunny, drier if drizzling or rain delay.

Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post
    Do you know when the padres general ticket sale is? Id like to fly out for this series.
    No. I have not been able to find out yet. Angels have not started yet either. Every year we vacation out in California; while much of our time is centered around Disney, I try to catch the Dodgers/Angels/Padres if there are in . A couple of times the Yankees were in Anaheim. Once saw the Mets in SD. This year I'll catch the NNY-LAD, hopefully SD-NYY, and maybe see RA Dickey pitch for Toronto vs LAA.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    $23 FREE SCOREBIG CREDIT
    http://local.amazon.com/queens/B00B1SIYD0

Amazon local deals

I just picked up one of these. I will either buy Yankee vs. Dodger or get tickets to see the NASCAR race in Richmond.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    ^ This was ominously ellsworth's last post on 10/29, just before the hurricane hit. I understand that her house was totaled by the hurricane and she lost all her Yankees memorabilia

Ells if you're out there, hope everything is getting better and I still have those Yankee snoopy doll collectibles waiting with your name on them!!

Ells if you're out there, hope everything is getting better and I still have those Yankee snoopy doll collectibles waiting with your name on them!!
    GG - I exchange emails with her from time to time. She and her husband are hoping to be back in their house in mid- to late-February although it will not be completely finished by that time. She doesn't have access to a computer where they are staying so hasn't been on the board. I'll pass along the info about the snoopy dolls. She'll appreciate it I'm sure.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of NYY tickets for the Dodgers first game in the Bronx since the 1981 WS. I paid $20 a ticket : Price per ticket: $20.00
    Quantity: x 2 Subtotal: $40.00 Service fee: + $4.00 Delivery services: + $4.00
    Order total: $48.00

Granted they are up in 413, but I would think that the advance game day price, including ticketmaster fees, would come out to more than $48 for the pair?

I normally don't sit up there but I wanted a cheap way in just in case this is a hot ticket and prices become too steep.
    Anyone know what the box office, not FST ,price is for 413?

^ This was ominously ellsworth's last post on 10/29, just before the hurricane hit. I understand that her house was totaled by the hurricane and she lost all her Yankees memorabilia

I hadn't heard either just sent an email.

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of NYY tickets for the Dodgers first game in the Bronx since the 1981 WS. I paid $20 a ticket : Price per ticket: $20.00
    Quantity: x 2 Subtotal: $40.00 Service fee: + $4.00 Delivery services: + $4.00
    Order total: $48.00

Granted they are up in 413, but I would think that the advance game day price, including ticketmaster fees, would come out to more than $48 for the pair?

I normally don't sit up there but I wanted a cheap way in just in case this is a hot ticket and prices become too steep.
    Anyone know what the box office, not FST ,price is for 413?
    Check out http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/b...ng_pricing.jsp
    There is no full season discount for the Grandstand.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    Check out http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/b...ng_pricing.jsp
    There is no full season discount for the Grandstand.
    Those are the plan prices, individual prices are more

I looked on ticket master today but no regular season home games were shown. But there were a lot on Stubhub. Anyone know when Ticketmaster goes live?
    Also when is the Season Ticket holder presale? I've got an old buddy who might help me if I haven't missed it. Thanks guys.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JimJersey View Post
    I looked on ticket master today but no regular season home games were shown. But there were a lot on Stubhub. Anyone know when Ticketmaster goes live?
    Also when is the Season Ticket holder presale? I've got an old buddy who might help me if I haven't missed it. Thanks guys.
    Regular season presales last 5 years:
    3/20/2012
    3/7/2011
    3/15/2010
    3/19/2009
    2/22/2008

But you'll probably find cheaper tickets on stubhub for every game except opening day

This is a similar question to the one above: do we have any more details on how TicketsNow will work for STHs?

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    This is a similar question to the one above: do we have any more details on how TicketsNow will work for STHs?
    Here is the NHL season ticket holder tutorial.
    http://www.ticketsnow.com/nhl/nhlsea...-tutorial.html
    I think the Yankees one will be similar.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    Same thing as the Knicks and Rangers, except we don't know the floor yet. NYK & NYR set the floor at $10, whereas many expect the Yankees to set it around face. If that happens, buyers won't be hanging around too long when they can get the same seats for 50% less on stubhub.

As for integration, TicketsNow sucks. There's the one time hassle of having to sign up a separate account for even if you already have a Yankees account, which can be forgiven. What's less forgivable is the process of listing & editing tickets. You have to click each game individually and then each ticket, and once you click "Sell" there's a long delay of several seconds before the TN site pops up. Then there's about 5 more clicks of several seconds each, and you have to find your way back to the yankees account to list the next ticket. Making a small change to the listing takes the same amount of time, which I'd say is about 3 minutes per listing.

You set your listing price of X, and if it sells they pay you 90% of X. Your ticket gets posted in an ugly hard to find list, with a pretty much useless seating map on the right. After a buyer clicks to buy your ticket at X, they are slapped with an 18.5% service fee per ticket plus a delivery fee of $4.95. Merry Christmas

Those are the plan prices, individual prices are more
    So, I would think that $48 for a grandstand pair, all fees included on stubhub, will be cheaper than buying straight from the Yankees ???? I would think the first Dodgers game ever at YS since 1981 would be one of THE hot tickets. Of course if I can get a better deal sometime between now and June I would prefer not to sit in 413......it just strikes me as strange that someone out their FST's up for face.

Same thing as the Knicks and Rangers, except we don't know the floor yet. NYK & NYR set the floor at $10, whereas many expect the Yankees to set it around face. If that happens, buyers won't be hanging around too long when they can get the same seats for 50% less on stubhub.

As for integration, TicketsNow sucks. There's the one time hassle of having to sign up a separate account for even if you already have a Yankees account, which can be forgiven. What's less forgivable is the process of listing & editing tickets. You have to click each game individually and then each ticket, and once you click "Sell" there's a long delay of several seconds before the TN site pops up. Then there's about 5 more clicks of several seconds each, and you have to find your way back to the yankees account to list the next ticket. Making a small change to the listing takes the same amount of time, which I'd say is about 3 minutes per listing.

You set your listing price of X, and if it sells they pay you 90% of X. Your ticket gets posted in an ugly hard to find list, with a pretty much useless seating map on the right. After a buyer clicks to buy your ticket at X, they are slapped with an 18.5% service fee per ticket plus a delivery fee of $4.95. Merry Christmas
    I see a lot of abandoned sales when people see the 18.5% fee when they know the StubHub fee is less.

So, I would think that $48 for a grandstand pair, all fees included on stubhub, will be cheaper than buying straight from the Yankees ???? I would think the first Dodgers game ever at YS since 1981 would be one of THE hot tickets. Of course if I can get a better deal sometime between now and June I would prefer not to sit in 413......it just strikes me as strange that someone out their FST's up for face.
    I would see what some other people think, but I don't think anyone cares that the Dodgers are making their first appearance since 1981. The only allure people may look forward to is to cheer Don Mattingly when he makes a pitching change.

Like GordonGecko said, you will probably make out better waiting things out on StubHub for just about every single Yankees game, and that includes the Dodgers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Benzon View Post
    Like GordonGecko said, you will probably make out better waiting things out on StubHub for just about every single Yankees game, and that includes the Dodgers.
    Which to be prefectly frank, is a surprise to me. I thought for sure the Dodgers & Giants would be a hot ticket. But apparently the demand isn't there. In 2009 those would easily have been $100 and up for resale. Right now, you can get the first Dodgers (bloated payroll and all) for $24 per ticket including all fees on SH at the price break section of 413. The same ticket will be over $30 from ticketmaster when they finally go on sale, and you won't be able to get 413

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2013-4168624/

NYYF Triple Crown

Not to derail the subject but on a side note, not sure if this was widely known yet...

Ticketmaster dumps hated 'captcha' verification system to boost customer experience

The world’s largest online ticket retailer said it would now trial a new system, created by New York start-up Solve Media.
    Customers will now see common phrases, such as “freezing temperatures” or multiple choice questions such as “which one is a country?” followed by a drop-down menu of answers including “monster truck,” “puppy” and “Spain.” However some puzzles will be presented in the form of adverts.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...e-8473593.html
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Not to derail the subject but on a side note, not sure if this was widely known yet...

Ticketmaster dumps hated 'captcha' verification system to boost customer experience
    Interesting...

People really hate the captchas (myself included), but the problem is stopping the bots. If it's a drop down, the bot will have a 1 in X chance of succeeding where X is the number of options in the drop down. If it's a small list of questions, the bots will just create a library of questions and have some kid in India pre-answer them so they're reading to post. That'll just mean less tickets to go around for real people

Tinypic uses a similar system http://tinypic.com

Which to be prefectly frank, is a surprise to me. I thought for sure the Dodgers & Giants would be a hot ticket. But apparently the demand isn't there. In 2009 those would easily have been $100 and up for resale. Right now, you can get the first Dodgers (bloated payroll and all) for $24 per ticket including all fees on SH at the price break section of 413. The same ticket will be over $30 from ticketmaster when they finally go on sale, and you won't be able to get 413

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2013-4168624/

and if you really want to treat yourself, there are tickets in the front row (12) of section 113 going for $213 which is just slightly over the advanced TM price. STH rate for the seat is $150. the seller will clear $30 per ticket

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...e-8473593.html
    LiveNation has been using this for a few months. I remember I thought it was strange when I first saw it.

Thread Information