+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 136 FirstFirst ... 11 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3393
    NYYF Legend

Re: The StubHub Thread

Hate this new $1.50 / ticket transfer fee charged to sellers. Good that it doesn't apply to Yankees tickets for other teams that pushes up the commission to about 18%

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Hate this new $1.50 / ticket transfer fee charged to sellers. Good that it doesn't apply to Yankees tickets for other teams that pushes up the commission to about 18%
    What are you talking about? I know nothing about this $1.50.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    What are you talking about? I know nothing about this $1.50.
    They charge a buck fifty per ticket for barcode transfer now, and charge it to the seller. Here's an example of two sales I had yesterday:

YANKEES
    Payment info
    Your price $16.00
    Quantity x 2
    Total sale $32.00
    Commission - $4.80

Your payment $27.20

PHILLIES
    Payment info
    Your price $34.45
    Quantity x 2
    Total sale $68.90
    Commission - $12.89

Your payment $56.01

If you break out your calculator you'll see that one commission is 15%, and the other is not
    *grumble* *grumble*

Devoted Member

They charge a buck fifty per ticket for barcode transfer now, and charge it to the seller.
    Does the buyer still pay the $2.00/ticket electronic delivery fee?

If yes, then StubHub is making $3.50/ticket total for delivery of an integrated ticket (but not for the Yankees & Angels). For a 2 ticket order that is $7.00 compared with $5.45 last year for electronic delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Levine to flood the market even more? I thought the Yankee strategy is to have a floor price in the secondary market to increase single game ticket sales in the primary market via Ticketmaster and at the Box Office?
    That strategy of course is doomed to fail as long as the Yankees have zero control over Stubhub. As mentioned here previously by another poster, in pure economic terms, you can not create demand by raising/manipulating the market price, certainly not here in this case. If Levine & Co could somehow wave a magic wand and make Stubhub disappear, all that would do is leave thousands of unsold tickets as the demand is not there at the current price(s). You would think a practicing attorney would understand basic economic principles but Mr Levine obviously does not and that is why he looks like such a buffoon

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Does the buyer still pay the $2.00/ticket electronic delivery fee?
    yep - pretty sweet deal for MLB teams if you ask me. Makes the Yankees decision very hard to understand. They are shooting themselves in the foot

NYYF Legend

All Star Game pricing:

listings not active on stubhub yet

NYYF Legend

The fact that there's not a bad seat in the house makes that a tremendous value.

If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

eBay banning ticket sales in England & forcing people to use stubhub:
    http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/01/22/eb...icket-re-sale/

may eventually happen here too

NYYF Cy Young

eBay banning ticket sales in England & forcing people to use stubhub:
    http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/01/22/eb...icket-re-sale/

may eventually happen here too
    When SH stopped bidding-type sales they said to go to ebay for that type of sale. Will the ebay ban bring back bidding-type sales to SH? Personally I hope not - when I want to buy tickets I want to buy them "now" and at a fixed price.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    When SH stopped bidding-type sales they said to go to ebay for that type of sale. Will the ebay ban bring back bidding-type sales to SH? Personally I hope not - when I want to buy tickets I want to buy them "now" and at a fixed price.
    Yeah the bidding is a waste of time. That being said, I wish they allowed people to make an offer. As a seller I don't care about lowball offers because I would either click "decline" or disable offers in the listing options. But I would like to know if I could have made a sale had I reconsidered my price. As a buyer I would know that there is some wiggle room on the price

Yeah the bidding is a waste of time. That being said, I wish they allowed people to make an offer. As a seller I don't care about lowball offers because I would either click "decline" or disable offers in the listing options. But I would like to know if I could have made a sale had I reconsidered my price. As a buyer I would know that there is some wiggle room on the price
    If you really want to know if you "could" have made a sale- just click the compare link below your listing, that will give you real data on actual sales made on similar tickets, as opposed to getting annoying emails from tire kickers who have no intention of buying

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    If you really want to know if you "could" have made a sale- just click the compare link below your listing, that will give you real data on actual sales made on similar tickets, as opposed to getting annoying emails from tire kickers who have no intention of buying
    I"m used to lowball offers from deadbeats, it doesn't bother me. But I would make the "make me an offer" feature optional for sellers who don't want to deal with it

NYYF Legend

$23 FREE SCOREBIG CREDIT
    http://local.amazon.com/queens/B00B1SIYD0

Amazon local deals

NYYF Legend

$23 FREE SCOREBIG CREDIT

Amazon local deals

Purchased. Now just gotta wait for Yankee tix to hit the site.

Devoted Member

$23 FREE SCOREBIG CREDIT

Amazon local deals
    not good for yankee tix

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee-1 View Post
    not good for yankee tix
    eh? where does it say that. You can use the credit for whatever they have listed

Devoted Member

eh? where does it say that. You can use the credit for whatever they have listed
    Did not see any Yankees tx listed

NYYF Cy Young

Would I be right to assume that being 6 rows closer to the field is better for selling purposes than being on an aisle?

I just moved from 211 row 9 seats 1 and 2 to section 211 row 3 seats 6 and 7. I don't usually sell many games, but am I right to assume the latter should fetch me more money if I ever do resell?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Would I be right to assume that being 6 rows closer to the field is better for selling purposes than being on an aisle?

I just moved from 211 row 9 seats 1 and 2 to section 211 row 3 seats 6 and 7. I don't usually sell many games, but am I right to assume the latter should fetch me more money if I ever do resell?
    I think it's a matter of personal preference. Me personally, I'll take the aisle seat IF it's the "good" side of the aisle. It's frustrating to sit there, trying to look at the field with people walking in front of you all the time.

There also comes a point where you are so far from the field, the extra 6 rows won't matter....especially in the 200 level

If I had a choice between "bad side" of the aisle and seats in the middle of the row 6 rows closer, I'd take the lower seats. If the choice was "good side" of the aisle seats or 6 rows closer in the middle of the row, I'm taking the aisle seats.

That's just my opinion as a person who buys off of stubhub and from other season ticketholders.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Addicted Member

I agree with Cal that it's a personal preference but in general I think lower row (no matter the section) will sell better for general fans that don't have much experience at games. But for fans that go a lot they wont care as much about the row in Main and probably the aisle will sway them.

I like aisle because I don't like having to get by people when I get up (which isn't that often) and I also like just stepping out into the aisle when other people get up (happens a ton). If I'm in Grandstand and sometimes Terrace the row matters more to me, I'd like to be lower, but not enough to sway me from a nice aisle seat if its just a row or two higher. If I'm in Main 200 level, which is where I sit most of the time, row doesn't matter at all. I actually like the last row in the 200s (no one behind me so I can stand up and cheer to my hearts content without annoying anyone) and look for aisle seats (for the above reasons).
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    I think it's a matter of personal preference. Me personally, I'll take the aisle seat IF it's the "good" side of the aisle. It's frustrating to sit there, trying to look at the field with people walking in front of you all the time.

There also comes a point where you are so far from the field, the extra 6 rows won't matter....especially in the 200 level

If I had a choice between "bad side" of the aisle and seats in the middle of the row 6 rows closer, I'd take the lower seats. If the choice was "good side" of the aisle seats or 6 rows closer in the middle of the row, I'm taking the aisle seats.

That's just my opinion as a person who buys off of stubhub and from other season ticketholders.

Good points regarding the "good" & "bad" sides of the aisle- especially in baseball. I would say from a pure selling perspective, 6 rows lower is not enough premium to forego the aisle seat and risk being sandwiched in the middle of a row. Some people always want aisle seats and if you plan on drinking lots of beer- being on the aisle is huge. Nothing worse than being in seats 10-11 of a 20 seat row.

NYYF Cy Young

Thanks for the points regarding aisle vs lower row... i don't want to hijack the stubhub thread with the pros and cons of aisle vs middle seats, so i'll open thread for this.. it makes for a good conversation.

In terms of stubhub though, it sounds like it's a bit of a draw- lower row on stubhub always shows up first when sorting and people like low rows, but aisle adds a huge bonus, so it kind of breaks even is what it sounds like.

Just got in to the LA Dodger ticket sales; the NYY games are very tough to get on ticketmaster. Just got my seats for Tues July 30th out in the pavilion (hope the Dodgers deiced to put seats out there instead of the benches.) At least I think they have seat backs of some sort. The Dodgers have begun a massive renovation of Dodger Stadium.

Next up is trying to get the Padres vs NYY that Friday Aug 2nd.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Just got in to the LA Dodger ticket sales; the NYY games are very tough to get on ticketmaster. Just got my seats for Tues July 30th out in the pavilion (hope the Dodgers deiced to put seats out there instead of the benches.) At least I think they have seat backs of some sort. The Dodgers have begun a massive renovation of Dodger Stadium.

Next up is trying to get the Padres vs NYY that Friday Aug 2nd.
    Make sure you wear kevlar in those seats, just sayin!

Thread Information