+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 142 FirstFirst ... 10 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3548

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    again not necessarily true. if the marked on hand date is less than 4 days prior to the game day, i can almost 100 percent guarantee you the broker is short selling the market.

you have to remember, large volume sellers pay less in service fees when they buy and sell on stubhub. most brokers also take part in fan rewards and get 2% back on their purchases from stubhub.

they can also buy from another broker.

some seats are consignment with actual ticket holders, some brokers still have seats from the yankees (i don't know why they would), and most are short selling the market.
    Explain how you are "short selling" the market when the asking price is already less than face value? At some point in time you have to deliver the product. I can promise you this- it is a pain in the a$$ when you have to offer the buyer tickets that are not in the exact same location as were posted. Even if the replacement seats are far better, still no guarantee the buyer accepts the replacements.

Also- these listings were on Ticketnetwork, not SH. The "in hand" date is many times set as late as possible to protect the broker as there are severe penalties on Tnet for not delivering the tikcets by the date promised, so as a broker, why not give yourself the maximum amount of time to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    Quick question about Final Four weekend. Back in 2003 I was just out of college and couldn't afford to travel to New Orleans to see my beloved Orange win the title. I vowed to be there if they ever get back. I've heard that the Saturday semi-finals are scarce but the Monday night title game tickets are easy to get. Any first hand info on that?
    100% that is true- supply and demand kicks in. If your team loses on Saturday, do you really want to stick around 2 more days to watch the team that beat your school compete for the championship? True- you will get fans from the two schools in the final make the trip just for Monday, but not near enough to replace the thousands from the two loser schools that leave Sunday. The game does not start until 9PM so that does not help attract the casual local fan, people with kids, etc.

Monday's game decent (not primo) lowers can usually be had for <$100

NYYF Legend

Stubhub gearing up for the MLB listings. New buyer notice is up:

NYYF Legend

Yankees & other team Spring Training Listings are now Active:
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yankees-tickets/

regular season can't be far behind

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Stubhub gearing up for the MLB listings. New buyer notice is up:

I think they have some bugs to work out, didn't they promise a cap of $10 in delivery fees? I just tested it with 15 tickets and on the confirmation page the delivery fee was $30 ($2 per ticket with no cap)

The other strange part is that these spring training tickets only have a fedex option, yet they are charging per ticket

Yankees & other team Spring Training Listings are now Active:
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yankees-tickets/

regular season can't be far behind
    Just went up!

Quote Originally Posted by Trentonstew View Post
    Just went up!

Looks like FED EX delivery only. No more bar codes! A guy in 234 row 1 is setting the market price right now. NO OPENING DAY YET! How many do you think will be listed in the next 24 hrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Trentonstew View Post
    Looks like FED EX delivery only. No more bar codes! A guy in 234 row 1 is setting the market price right now. NO OPENING DAY YET! How many do you think will be listed in the next 24 hrs?
    WTF. I just checked on SH to see the new listings and price setting taking place and they now don't show. ?????

E-ticketing delivery cannot be available to buyers until STHs receive their tickets. Check back in late March.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    E-ticketing delivery cannot be available to buyers until STHs receive their tickets. Check back in late March.
    Isn't there a StubHub option to deliver a PDF ticket and to specify a future date when you have not received the ticket yet? Then it's not an instant download but an electronic delivery.

The PDF delivery fee is less than the Fedex delivery fee for the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Isn't there a StubHub option to deliver a PDF ticket and to specify a future date when you have not received the ticket yet? Then it's not an instant download but an electronic delivery.

The PDF delivery fee is less than the Fedex delivery fee for the buyer.
    Yes there is- you can list electronic delivery and the listing can potentially stay up until 48 hrs before gametime- at that point you must either upload the PDF or the listing is deactivated. You could list electronic delivery and just set a delivery date 4 days before the game- when the tickets sell, as long as you deliver (upload) by the delivery date, you are good to go. Stubhub will not pay you until you actually deliver the tickets whereas Ticketnetwork pays out regardless of when tickets are shipped/delivered

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Yes there is- you can list electronic delivery and the listing can potentially stay up until 48 hrs before gametime- at that point you must either upload the PDF or the listing is deactivated. You could list electronic delivery and just set a delivery date 4 days before the game- when the tickets sell, as long as you deliver (upload) by the delivery date, you are good to go. Stubhub will not pay you until you actually deliver the tickets whereas Ticketnetwork pays out regardless of when tickets are shipped/delivered
    I went through the buying steps on a few random seats/games and it looks like they are charging a $2 delivery fee per ticket even for Fedex. If that is not a mistake, then listing Fedex may be the best way to go (buyer can get hard tickets) until closer to the event

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    I went through the buying steps on a few random seats/games and it looks like they are charging a $2 delivery fee per ticket even for Fedex. If that is not a mistake, then listing Fedex may be the best way to go (buyer can get hard tickets) until closer to the event
    A Stubhb pop up message when you list your tickets for sale states:

Changes to how you'll deliver your Yankees tickets on StubHub
    Yankees tickets can no longer be delivered by entering the barcodes printed on the tickets. Instead, please choose one of our standard delivery methods. To deliver electronically, you must provide your tickets as team-issued PDF files. You cannot make your own PDF files by scanning traditional hard tickets or paper printouts.

If you're a season ticket holder, please contact the team or visit your team account for more info on how to get electronic tickets (PDF files).

Since the Yankees have not posted if they will give us PDF files for free again, and it's early, best to go with Fedex since Stub Hub is only charging the buyer $2/ticket and it was $5.45/order for PDF download last year, so that's a delivery price reduction from last year for a 2 seat order comparing 2013 Fedex to 2012 electronic download fees. StubHub told me today that all delivery methods are $2 per ticket this year (Fedex, PDF and LMS Center). Also, ticket sales will be up until game time. I think the Yankees definitely screwed themselves by opting out of the StubHub deal. Now that delivery is only $2 per ticket for Fedex, PDF and LMS Center and tickets will be on sale until game time what could the Yankees offer sellers via Ticketmaster to entice us away from StubHub?
    Last edited by YankeeSTH; 01-20-13 at 09:45 AM.

NYYF Legend

I think the Yankees definitely screwed themselves by opting out of the StubHub deal. Now that delivery is only $2 per ticket for Fedex, PDF and LMS Center and tickets will be on sale until game time what could the Yankees offer sellers via Ticketmaster to entice us away from StubHub?
    Is Fedex seriously only charging stubhub 2 bucks for 2 day delivery? (for a single)

That just doesn't seem possible

In other news, the Dodgers game opens at about $26:
    https://www.stubhub.com/yankees-vs-d...-2013-4167710/

So what's the point of a ticket plan again?? I regret renewing even my 12-game plan already

Is Fedex seriously only charging stubhub 2 bucks for 2 day delivery? (for a single)

Of course not,

a) since Stub Hub has gone to the what you see is what you pay pricing they needed to switch their programming to a per ticket fee
    b) StubHub's gross profit margin is huge at 25% so they are absorbing a portion of the Fedex cost to grow their business. Similar to free shipping on the internet for shopping sites.
    c) For the Yankees & Angels they have a windfall profit by not having to share their profits since those teams opted out
    d) StubHub may have an excellent discount with Fedex for 2 day shipping and it costs them about $7-$8 per envelope based on volume, so they lose a little on 1 to 3 ticket orders, break even at 4 tickets and still profit on 5 or more ticket orders.
    e) Once the season starts and we have PDFs to upload most sellers will do that so the StubHub/Fedex volume will drop and StubHub will make up for any Fedex losses with PDF profits.

As a seller I like the Fedex option as I'll send hard tickets and not have to worry about a buyer claiming they were not valid PDFs. The buyer should like it for the same reason.

NYYF Legend

This new MLB listing format is good for buyers and really bad for sellers. Sellers will have to lower prices to appear more competitive. I pretty much hate it as a seller but if I'm buying I'll get better deals

Also, Rangers home opener tonight starts at $210/ticket:
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-rang...-2013-4221163/

That's a lot higher than the first round of the playoffs last year

This new MLB listing format is good for buyers and really bad for sellers. Sellers will have to lower prices to appear more competitive. I pretty much hate it as a seller but if I'm buying I'll get better deals

Also, Rangers home opener tonight starts at $210/ticket:
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-rang...-2013-4221163/

That's a lot higher than the first round of the playoffs last year
    and now i have zero regret dropping my plan and opting for stubhub this season

In other news, the Dodgers game opens at about $26:
    https://www.stubhub.com/yankees-vs-d...-2013-4167710/

So what's the point of a ticket plan again?? I regret renewing even my 12-game plan already
    Just for kicks I checked SH for all the games in the 9 game plan. I bought one (2 seats) in 312 on Friday for $25 per game. 6 of the 9 games are weekday - day games. Was pleasantly surprised to see almost all of them starting at $50 per seat on SH. STH price on 312 is $40 per game for 312 but the Yankees are selling the 9 game plan for $25 per game. I feel like I got a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Just for kicks I checked SH for all the games in the 9 game plan. I bought one (2 seats) in 312 on Friday for $25 per game. 6 of the 9 games are weekday - day games. Was pleasantly surprised to see almost all of them starting at $50 per seat on SH. STH price on 312 is $40 per game for 312 but the Yankees are selling the 9 game plan for $25 per game. I feel like I got a good deal.
    $50? HAHAHAHAHAHA.. key word is 'starting'.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    Yeah, especially since it doesn't look like season ticket holders can list their tickets at all sites.

The time to sell for the highest profit is in December.

Of course not,

Once the season starts and we have PDFs to upload most sellers will do that so the StubHub/Fedex volume will drop and StubHub will make up for any Fedex losses with PDF profits.
    What is stopping the Yankees from either eliminating pdfs altogether or charging a high price for them? I assume their ticket holders don't need pdfs for TicketsNow.

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    I plan on going to the games and not reselling them. I am sure they will be a lot cheaper on the secondary market the closer we get to the games but regardless I was surprised to see the resale prices as high as they were. I am also surprised the Yankees sell tickets in 312 in the 9 game plan for $25 and at $40 for STH. That doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    What is stopping the Yankees from either eliminating pdfs altogether or charging a high price for them? I assume their ticket holders don't need pdfs for TicketsNow.
    1) If they do that they will lose more STHers.

I use PDFs often during the season for reasons other than re-selling
    a) to email tickets to the person I am going to the game with so that we don't have to meet outside, can arrive at different times and meet at the seats.
    b) to email tickets to people that are not buying tickets from me - family, friends, customers, business associates, gifts, etc.
    If they take that away from me as a free service it is one more reason not to renew.

2) Single game ticket buyers on Ticketmaster get PDFs for free, so the Yankees would need to deliver those tickets by mail and that will reduce their ticket sales, attendance and Yankee revenues. They are not going to give a buyer of a single game a PDF and deny them to their STHers.

3) As a seller I will just bring the hard copy tickets for all the games I want to sell during 2013 to the StubHub LMS Center to allow me to sell up until game time without a PDF if I wish to. That fee is $2/ticket to the buyer also.

So, what is "YankeeHub" going to offer me as a seller that is going to be better than StubHub and encourage the existing StubHub buyers to move to a new website? The Yankees have stated that it is going to be better for STHers. I'm very interested to hear their announcement.

1) If they do that they will lose more STHers.

I use PDFs often during the season for reasons other than re-selling
    a) to email tickets to the person I am going to the game with so that we don't have to meet outside, can arrive at different times and meet at the seats.
    b) to email tickets to people that are not buying tickets from me - family, friends, customers, business associates, gifts, etc.
    If they take that away from me as a free service it is one more reason not to renew.

2) Single game ticket buyers on Ticketmaster get PDFs for free, so the Yankees would need to deliver those tickets by mail and that will reduce their ticket sales, attendance and Yankee revenues. They are not going to give a buyer of a single game a PDF and deny them to their STHers.

3) As a seller I will just bring the hard copy tickets for all the games I want to sell during 2013 to the StubHub LMS Center to allow me to sell up until game time without a PDF if I wish to. That fee is $2/ticket to the buyer also.

So, what is "YankeeHub" going to offer me as a seller that is going to be better than StubHub and encourage the existing StubHub buyers to move to a new website? The Yankees have stated that it is going to be better for STHers. I'm very interested to hear their announcement.
    Talk about painting themselves into a corner- there is no way out for Levine & Co and all of their nonsensical bs! Now they lose the SH revenue- SH would be absolute fools to ever let the Yankees opt back in now as there are probably even more fans will be SH buyers now, just to spite the Yankees. If Levine even thinks to charge STH's a fee every time they PDF the tickets, they will can go ahead and cut off another 20% or so of their season ticket base.

Now Levine gets to unload all of those unsold tickets to brokers, Groupon, etc at pennies on the dollar and that will flood the market even more. Either that or the avg attendance slides down to the low 30's

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Now Levine gets to unload all of those unsold tickets to brokers, Groupon, etc at pennies on the dollar and that will flood the market even more. Either that or the avg attendance slides down to the low 30's
    Levine to flood the market even more? I thought the Yankee strategy is to have a floor price in the secondary market to increase single game ticket sales in the primary market via Ticketmaster and at the Box Office?

Thread Information