+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 135 FirstFirst ... 8 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3366

Re: The StubHub Thread

Pardon my ignorance on this topic, but where do yankee fans buy/sell tix on the secondary market now? Is there a designated replacement for stubhub? Besides ebay, craigslist and those other sites.
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance on this topic, but where do yankee fans buy/sell tix on the secondary market now? Is there a designated replacement for stubhub? Besides ebay, craigslist and those other sites.
    Designated? Ticketsnow

Actually Used? Stubhub

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Designated? Ticketsnow

Actually Used? Stubhub
    Why can't we use both? I have Knicks and Rangers and list on both. Sometimes I get filled by TN and sometimes SH. Recently, I had some knicks tix filled thru their exchange (TN) and the buyer was from Ecuador. Listed Tix price was the same on SH and TN. I get the hatred for the yankees here but I don't see how having an additional outlet for tix can hurt the seller. I think there will be a segment of buyers (especially out of town tourists) who may feel more comfortable buying thru a team's offical site. As a seller, any additional exposure or venue for my tix should be a benefit.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Why can't we use both? I have Knicks and Rangers and list on both. Sometimes I get filled by TN and sometimes SH. Recently, I had some knicks tix filled thru their exchange (TN) and the buyer was from Ecuador. Listed Tix price was the same on SH and TN. I get the hatred for the yankees here but I don't see how having an additional outlet for tix can hurt the seller. I think there will be a segment of buyers (especially out of town tourists) who may feel more comfortable buying thru a team's offical site. As a seller, any additional exposure or venue for my tix should be a benefit.
    I can second the sentiment on the Knicks & Rangers. It's actually a little bit of Russian roulette for me because if a game sells on one marketplace I have to rush to deactivate it on the other one to prevent a double sale. If there is a conflict TicketsNow always wins since they take away your barcodes permanently. This is a real problem if a particular game turns into a sudden must see (player gets traded, player returns, incident with opponent, etc...). Thank god for smartphones but it always gets me a bit nervous when I get out of the subway or wake up and see a new sale.

That being said, that's the Knicks & Rangers - both are always sold out for every single game. That's why ticketsnow can work for them. There's also a token floor of $10, so if the market says your $65 tickets are worth $10, then you are able to get that $10 instead of nothing. It remains to be seen what the floor will be for the Yankees. If they set the floor at face value, then you'll have the majority of listings on TicketsNow for Opening Day and against the Dodgers & Giants (where the fees are 5% lower and there's barcode re-issuance). But for the other 70+games, everyone will be using stubhub because buyers will not respect Randy Levine's floor on ticketsnow when they can get the same tickets for 75% less on stubhub. When there's that big a price difference, nobody cares about saving 5% in fees. Sellers will also be sticking to stubhub because 25 cents on the dollar is better than 0 cents on the dollar

Sooooo we're still allowed to buy/sell tix on SH? Home games that is
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

I can second the sentiment on the Knicks & Rangers. It's actually a little bit of Russian roulette for me because if a game sells on one marketplace I have to rush to deactivate it on the other one to prevent a double sale. If there is a conflict TicketsNow always wins since they take away your barcodes permanently. This is a real problem if a particular game turns into a sudden must see (player gets traded, player returns, incident with opponent, etc...). Thank god for smartphones but it always gets me a bit nervous when I get out of the subway or wake up and see a new sale.

That being said, that's the Knicks & Rangers - both are always sold out for every single game. That's why ticketsnow can work for them. There's also a token floor of $10, so if the market says your $65 tickets are worth $10, then you are able to get that $10 instead of nothing. It remains to be seen what the floor will be for the Yankees. If they set the floor at face value, then you'll have the majority of listings on TicketsNow for Opening Day and against the Dodgers & Giants (where the fees are 5% lower and there's barcode re-issuance). But for the other 70+games, everyone will be using stubhub because buyers will not respect Randy Levine's floor on ticketsnow when they can get the same tickets for 75% less on stubhub. When there's that big a price difference, nobody cares about saving 5% in fees. Sellers will also be sticking to stubhub because 25 cents on the dollar is better than 0 cents on the dollar
    How do you post the same tickets on TN and SH at the same time? Same PDF file? When I post my Knick tickets on TN I do the "sell" automatic download. Should I print instead and then just download the same PDF to both sites? Also, do you pad your SH prices 5% higher than TN to offset the higher commission? FWIW, I have had good luck on TN.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    How do you post the same tickets on TN and SH at the same time? Same PDF file? When I post my Knick tickets on TN I do the "sell" automatic download. Should I print instead and then just download the same PDF to both sites? Also, do you pad your SH prices 5% higher than TN to offset the higher commission? FWIW, I have had good luck on TN.
    Use the TN barcode integration (which is absolutely terrible by the way, takes FOREVER to list one single game or make any changes) and then for Stubhub I use electronic download but not instant. If by bad luck both places sell, I can deal with a busted sale on SH without having to explain to the buyer that his tickets won't work. I set the price relative to the other listings, I've have tickets sell for $140 that I had listed at the other place for $125, because the buyer didn't bother shopping around

I've have tickets sell for $140 that I had listed at the other place for $125, because the buyer didn't bother shopping around
    The addition of TN for sellers is a good thing then.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I didn't see the answer - can fans still sell Yankee tickets on Stub Hub? If so, how does it help the Yanks TO if fans are still selling their tix on SH?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I didn't see the answer - can fans still sell Yankee tickets on Stub Hub? If so, how does it help the Yanks TO if fans are still selling their tix on SH?
    People can sell their tickets wherever they want. But now that the Yankees opted out of the stubhub partnership, you can't just type in your barcode anymore. Either you choose to upload the PDF tickets, or offer to ship them by fedex.

If you want to type in the barcode, you can sell them on ticketsnow. The only problem with that is the yankees won't let you sell them below a certain price. So if they're selling 70% off mastercard specials behind your back, how many tickets do you think you'll be able to sell on ticketsnow?

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

People can sell their tickets wherever they want. But now that the Yankees opted out of the stubhub partnership, you can't just type in your barcode anymore. Either you choose to upload the PDF tickets, or offer to ship them by fedex.

If you want to type in the barcode, you can sell them on ticketsnow. The only problem with that is the yankees won't let you sell them below a certain price. So if they're selling 70% off mastercard specials behind your back, how many tickets do you think you'll be able to sell on ticketsnow?
    Ah, I see.....the barcode thing really made it much easier - and they took that away. Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Ah, I see.....the barcode thing really made it much easier - and they took that away. Bastards.
    Uploading the PDF File is not very difficult; if you have a PDF file.
    The issue is if you have hard tickets, then your only option is shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    Not quite- Stubhub announced there will be a pickup location 'near the stadium' someplace to grab those last minute deals. might pay a premium, but you won't have to wait for an envelope that may or may not arrive on time.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    Not quite- Stubhub announced there will be a pickup location 'near the stadium' someplace to grab those last minute deals. might pay a premium, but you won't have to wait for an envelope that may or may not arrive on time.
    Doesn't address what was being discussed. That's good for buyers, but the sellers still need to find a way to get the tickets to that office in the Bronx

Doesn't address what was being discussed. That's good for buyers, but the sellers still need to find a way to get the tickets to that office in the Bronx
    Exactly. If you have hard tickets that you need to unload in the last 2 days you very likely are SOL

If the seller can't get the tickets to that office, then there would not be any tickets for the buyers to buy; so how could that be good for buyers? Buyers of last minute will be forced to buy thru the box office or the new yankees ticket exchange. Just like the NFL, NHL and the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    If you are a licensee, you can print your tickets at home, thereby cancelling your *hard* tickets...

The Yankees did not charge for this last year, and even transferring / email tickets to a friend via email (pdf) was free. No idea if it will be free going forward, but if the Yankees realize that all of their plan holders are printing-at-home to sell on stubhub, just wait and see how they try to tighten their grip..

Cheers!
    -Doug

Addicted Member

The only problem with that is the yankees won't let you sell them below a certain price. So if they're selling 70% off mastercard specials behind your back, how many tickets do you think you'll be able to sell on ticketsnow?
    Surely the Yankees will NOT sell below their own floor price that they impose on their fans

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    If you are a licensee, you can print your tickets at home, thereby cancelling your *hard* tickets...

The Yankees did not charge for this last year, and even transferring / email tickets to a friend via email (pdf) was free. No idea if it will be free going forward, but if the Yankees realize that all of their plan holders are printing-at-home to sell on stubhub, just wait and see how they try to tighten their grip..

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Since it was free last year and it is listed as a Season Ticket Licensee Benefit on their website I don't see how they will be able to charge in 2013

Future Game Ticket Forwarding through yankees.com
    Print at Home through yankees.com
    http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/sth_benefits.jsp

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Since it was free last year and it is listed as a Season Ticket Licensee Benefit on their website I don't see how they will be able to charge in 2013

Future Game Ticket Forwarding through yankees.com
    Print at Home through yankees.com
    http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/sth_benefits.jsp
    It says:
    "Print at Home through yankees.com"

Note the lack of the word "free"

And as always, note the fine print:
    Please note: The Yankees reserve the right, at any time, in their sole and absolute discretion, to modify and/or revise their Season Ticket Licensee Benefits. Other restrictions may apply and Tickets and offers are subject to availability and modification (as determined by the Yankees)

Addicted Member

It says:
    "Print at Home through yankees.com"

Note the lack of the word "free"

And as always, note the fine print:
    Please note: The Yankees reserve the right, at any time, in their sole and absolute discretion, to modify and/or revise their Season Ticket Licensee Benefits. Other restrictions may apply and Tickets and offers are subject to availability and modification (as determined by the Yankees)
    I know but there is precedent on our side.

I can't wait to learn all about the new Yankees secondary ticket market that is better for me as a seller. I asked my rep this week when it will be announced and he said before the season starts - duh! I told him StubHub was planning to start Yankee resales around January 15th. If the Yankees wait too long then sellers will post tickets for sale on StubHub and may not also list on YankeeHub later ...

This latest round of discussion is really interesting but now I am a bit confused. Could someone please break down for me the different ways in which I could sell tickets on SH? For example, how would I get a pdf of tickets? Would I just make my own by scanning the tickets?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    This latest round of discussion is really interesting but now I am a bit confused. Could someone please break down for me the different ways in which I could sell tickets on SH? For example, how would I get a pdf of tickets? Would I just make my own by scanning the tickets?
    You can go into your NYY ticket account and do ticket forwarding to yourself.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Addicted Member

I posted tickets for resale on ticketsnow and they all posted stating I have the tickets in hand and can deliver in 3 days. Most Yankee tickets listed for sale have a delivery date 5 days before the game. So I called ticketsnow to find out how to change the delivery date. Their response is that STHs must have tickets in hand to post. If a ticket sells and they are not in hand then I must pay to replace the sold tickets. So, basically no STH may post a ticket on ticketsnow until late March. ONLY licensed ticket brokers are allowed to sell tickets not in hand and have the ability to list a delivery date 5 days before the game. Why would ticketsnow differentiate between a licensed ticket broker and a season ticket holder?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Why would ticketsnow differentiate between a licensed ticket broker and a season ticket holder?
    Because only one ticket broker is authorized. That ticket broker is called the New York Yankees

Thread Information